Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gatordpm

gatordpm VIP Member

Mar 15, 2011
    Why don't you tell us how many children deaths are acceptable?

Flu killed 186 pediatric patients in 2018. I didn't hear you calling for masks/social distancing/closing schools then. Is that an acceptable amount for you?

Do you own a gun?

Have a swimming pool?

Drive a car?

All are much more dangerous to children.

• Like Like x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    YouTube and Twitter are good sources for music videos and funny pet videos. For Medical research? LOLNO.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol

4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Good point, but a couple folks here have been a bit doomsday with the tiniest spike in child statistics aiming their point at the health of children. I think most of us see it the way you lay it out here, but a couple have been pretty over the top with their concern about kids.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yep, tons of great music on those two sites...

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. tilly

Pretty much every news report is available on YouTube and Twitter. Every news channel, local or national posts them there. I get what your saying, but most of the true info is there too.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    I want the MSM to be there, with cameras blazing, in Harlem when the the mandates to vaccinate their kids come knocking on people's door...

I will have a big bag of popcorn ready for that show...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    No you haven't. You've posted the thoughts of one of the many people who have worked on it over the last several decades.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. tilly

Will you speak against seat belts if an NBA player gets hurt wearing one?
    Will you tell your kid to not wear a bike helmet because one kid gets a concussion?
    Will you stop locking your door because you read about a break in across town?
    Will you stop flying because that one plane crashed?
    Will you run a red light because you heard a guy got rear ended sitting at one?

EVERY good safety net has an occasional hole in it.

• Agree Agree x 3
  10. Gatorrick22

Apr 3, 2007
    That is why if you want the vaccinate then you should have the right to take the vaccine... but that does not give you or anyone the right to make me take that medical procedure.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    LOL @ you, with your EARTH SHATTERING level of selfishness calling other people evil.

LMAO. Look - don't get the shot. Nobody is going to force you to do it. But these anecdotal stories you keep trotting out to make yourself feel better about being a self absorbed individual are just making you look worse.

Last edited: Oct 13, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  12. SeabudGator

SeabudGator GC Legend

Apr 23, 2014
    The link you posted was literally from a web cite labelled "Red Voice" and was by a FORMER lead respiratory therapist. That is not "a side." Hell, it is barely a dot.

Then you ignore such nitwits as Johns Hopkins, the CDC, the AMA, etc. This false equivalence is truly remarkable mental gymnastics- equating Johns Hopkins (and every leading medical association) to a lead respiratory therapist (or sorry, former). You cannot have actually studied juried medical research. Statement of Strong Medical Consensus for Vaccination of Pregnant Individuals Against COVID-19 Medical consensus: Follow evidence on coronavirus vaccine review.

But like I said, I support you being able to not get a vaccine (and live with the consequences you thereby create for society and yourself). When you tell people that not getting the vaccine is ok b/c they will be fine with monoclonal antibodies, that is advice, it is deadly, and it is a lie. Done.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. tilly

I agree, although the law can make you do some of those other things I listed.
    What I don't get is why you post stuff (for instance) claiming there is no vaccine actually available. That fake article has been debunked before in this very thread with the very same answers.

So I agree with you. A Vax (government) vax mandate seems wrong to me, but so does spreading false info to those who may want the vax.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
  15. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
  16. surfn1080

surfn1080 Premium Member

Sep 26, 2008
    lol going to get a booster every 3 months now?

17. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Was he actually threatened with never being able to provide for his family again in any capacity because he desired to remain unvaccinated?? Or is that another hyperbolic response regarding employer/employee interactions?? . As far as I know, people are free to leave any employer if they do not like the terms of their employment.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  18. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    And in Florida, employers are allowed to fire employees at will.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    Also, not 100% accurate. Neutralizing antibodies begin declining in about 3 months, which increases the liklihood of a person becoming infected. That is a given and is not in dispute. However, people subsequently infected, and especially with the Delta variant were infectious for far less time than the unvaccinated as determined by PCR testing, also a fact no longer in dispute.

In fact, this was the very point that the CDC and FDA advisory boards were making when they chose NOT to recommned boosters for the general population. That the secondary immune system and then T-cell mediated responses were just as strong 6-8 months out as they were 28 days after the second dose.

So yes, people could be infected beginning around 3 months. Yes, they were highly infectious, though for a much shorter period of time. Yes, they were more likely to develop severe disease if they were older or immunocompromised because the virus replicated so quickly in the first 72 hours that old people were less able to cope with the infection.

Regardless, if everyone within the popultion were vaccinated, there would still be little to no transmission and even less possibility of mutations altering the spike protein in a significant way and then spreading.

• Informative Informative x 3
  20. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    is that you lane kiffin?