Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. duchen

duchen VIP Member

Nov 25, 2017
    Maybe the reason the hospital will not allow visitors is to keep you from learning the truth for yourself? Have you considered that one?

Your posts are exactly why I posted, "out of sight, out of mind."

2. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    [​IMG]

3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    NY hospital puts baby deliveries on hold as maternity workers quit over COVID-19 vaccine mandate | Fox News
    NY hospital puts baby deliveries on hold as maternity workers quit over COVID-19 vaccine mandate

A hospital in upstate New York will put baby deliveries on hold after too many workers in its maternity unit resigned over the COVID-19 vaccine mandate, according to local reports.

Lewis County General Hospital will be forced to temporarily stop all baby deliveries after Sept. 24 due to the staff's refusal to get vaccinated, WWNY-TV reported.

So far, six employees in the hospital’s maternity ward have chosen to resign instead of getting the vaccine, while another seven are undecided, Lewis County Health System Chief Executive Officer Gerald Cayer said during a news conference on Friday, according to the station.

"If we can pause the service and now focus on recruiting nurses who are vaccinated, we will be able to reengage in delivering babies here in Lewis County," Cayer said.

Since the vaccine was mandated for health care workers on Aug. 23, Cayer said that 30 workers have resigned, 20 of whom held clinical roles like nurses, therapists and technicians, the Watertown Daily Times reported.

CLICK HERE TO GET THE FOX NEWS APP

While 464 of the hospital’s workers have been vaccinated, 165 others have yet to receive the vaccine, Cayer said.

It looks like Biden and those who are trying to force the vaccine on others are causing another emergency situation, really doesn't make any sense

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  4. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Something else that doesn't make sense? Nurses that don't care about infecting newborn babies and new mothers that just went through pregnancies.

Their stupidity and selfishness is awe inspiring. People like that definitely need to find new career paths. Nursing isn't for them.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Kentucky Health Care Workers Refused to Comply With Vaccine Mandate, Forced Hospital to Fire Them (VIDEOS) (thegatewaypundit.com)

Kentucky Health Care Workers Refused to Comply With Vaccine Mandate, Forced Hospital to Fire Them

Health care workers at Kentucky’s Med Center in Bowling Green refused to comply with the vaccine mandate or turn in their resignation.
    Instead, two workers showed up and refused to leave until someone told them that they are fired.

Here's another one. Good job Biden

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    Well, there are plenty of restaurant jobs available. I’ve heard Americans are too lazy and dependent on free government money to take those. I sure hope anyone quiting over a vaccine doesn’t try and collect unemployment benefits over taking one of the many available jobs!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Sounds like 2 dumbasses. "Refusal to leave" actually means they could have been charged with criminal trespassing, but I guess they demanded to be "fired" and then left before being arrested for trespass. Either way, I'm sure this goes over well for their next job hunt. :rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  8. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Oh so sweet of you to be concerned, they'll get their jobs back since this BS mandate won't stick. Yes there's a lot of jobs available for those lazy Americans who wouldn't work. If they were let go for not getting the vaccine, they'll most likely get unemployment and deserve it

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
  9. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I'm willing to bet there's plenty of hospitals that will rehire them once the court throws out this BS mandate. Only dumbasses would think other wise. But I'm not talking about you, you're one the brightest on here

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I actually doubt that. Even under the supposition the broader mandate gets knocked down or revisited, most likely hospitals stick with it. Even if a hospital for whatever reason doesn't want a mandate, I doubt there is a hospital that wants a couple of anti-vaxx activists willing to pull a stunt. These people literally just set their careers on fire. Their only hope is if nobody bothers to do a background check, or maybe they can hook up with a small practice.

Hospitals almost universally have vaccination requirements for employees, including the annual flu shot. If you are in Gainesville, ask a Shands clinician. Ask North FL. If they are working in the hospital, they had to provide their immunization record, it has to be up to date, and anybody that sees patients has to get the annual flu shot. No idea if they had mandated the COVID shot yet, but when they do they aren't likely to "reverse" that decision even if the govt mandate doesn't hold up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    No reason for concern when there are so many great jobs available, surely they’ll bounce back in no time. There’s no way you’re suggesting turning down those low paying, low quality of life, high intensity jobs would be justifiable for one group but not another, right? If they’re struggling to pay their bills off of those wages, they can just get two jobs! Problem solved, we lost a medical worker but gained two fast food workers. That’ll look good on the ol jobs report!

12. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I have no idea regarding the flu shot (not a true vax) but UF has already admitted that 50% of their staff hasn't been vaxed

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree with a large caveat. Those nurses who have antibodies should be exempt from having to be vaccinated. That is most likely a significant portion of those who. Are against being vaccinated.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  14. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Yep. Def correlation between Anti- vaxxers and ignorance & entitlement

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. Kentucky, like Florida, is a fire without cause state. As long as the firing is not for a legally impermissible reason (race, religion, etc.) and absent an employment contract, they can fired at any time.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    That's because there hasn't been a mandate, when there is one in place they will be nearly 100% vaccinated (minus legitimate exceptions). I'm sure a few nutjobs will choose to burn their careers in different hospitals around the country, perhaps at every large hospital. It is what it is. Health workers should be used to vaccines, and even vaccine requirements. That's what's rather bizarre here. Literally every single healthcare worker (at least those in hospitals) has to deal with submitting up to date vaccination records, and getting the flu shot every single year.

I can get maybe the ones that didn't rush out to get it back in December or January, taking a "wait and see" approach, but it's been almost a year and now and it's fully approved. At this point it's just stupid.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I'm not against the idea that natural immunity is as good as vaccines in terms of fighting off future infections.

But I still don't see that as a good reason to evade a vaccine requirement. With a vaccine you can document a vaccination date, a booster date, etc. Unless a person was hospitalized or something, it would be hard to know the original "infection date". The presence of antibodies doesn't give the infection date, and doesn't necessarily indicate a strong resistance, it just indicates there was prior infection and some resistance.

COVID is not a "lifetime immunity", it's not measles or chickenpox where it truly is "one and done". If it were believed to be lifetime immunity then of course having the antibodies would be as good as a vaccine. But as that is highly unlikely, it's best not to grant exceptions in a setting like health care. If a person was infected 6 months ago, or 9 months ago, the vaccine buys them another window of time to have strong immunity (on top of their previous immunity) with effectively zero statistical downside.

Last edited: Sep 12, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 2
  18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    The only nut jobs are those who agree with your line of thinking

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    We don’t know if having natural immunity is a lifetime immunity or not. No need to speculate. But we do know that natural immunity is vastly superior to just having the vaccine without having had covid. Who cares why someone doesn’t want the vaccine. IF they have natural immunity it doesn’t matter. Move on to trying to encourage those who haven’t had covid get the vaccine. Also, don’t vaccinate kids under 17. Vaccinate the rest of the world and have more data to make the decision on those under 18.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Yes but Florida was also approving almost all unemployment claims, that's a fact since it happened to me. So really you're wrong

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1