Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    So do you actually live under a bridge or is that just an unfair stereotype?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Dude, your jokes suck. At least steal a joke or something because yours are awful. Know your limitations sport.

• Funny Funny x 1
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    So what we're the school protocols in place for the teachers? Was it zero masking as you have frequently advocated?

5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Primary schools in the UK for the most part didn’t mask their kids under 12. One would assume the teacher’s wore masks.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    So you acknowledge you didn’t read the study you posted? I believe the actual answer, not a made up assumption, was in the report…

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You think that this may have been one of the reasons?
    It would also be reasonable to conclude that maybe a vaccinate mandate for teachers would be a good idea. While there may or may not have been a mandate in Scotland, vaccine hesitancy is probably far less prevalent in the UK, including Scotland, than in the US.

Note: I would add that NEA claims that 86% of its members are vaccinated while the AFT is claiming an 90% rate. I would also suspect that teachers who are not union members are probably more vaccine hesitant than union members and that vaccine hesitancy is also probably higher in school districts where teachers are not represented by unions (red states in the South).

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
  8. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    My goodness . . . wish there was a little more information such as ages and how/when they contracted Covid. It's scary to think, though, that this could be the beginning of an educator death surge. :(

9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    oh like the thousands in Florida hospitals because of covid including children? You’re wrong again. Yeah when you say “the rest” you mean you.

“Rhetoric from anti-maskers, who have publicly eschewed face coverings even though there is strong scientific evidence that wearing them can help protect others, “is one of the most stunning examples of lack of empathy you could see,”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/life...de1b32-fe9c-11ea-9ceb-061d646d9c67_story.html

Last edited: Sep 6, 2021
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

No, I read the report, but just because someone says they wore a mask doesn’t mean they actually did. Look at the polls of people saying they are vaccinated when in reality they aren’t.

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    Then why post a study as evidence when you question its integrity?

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    Man, I have to circle back to this post. You bring up a great point here. Makes me wonder though, all those beautiful charts you love to post. You know the ones I’m talking about? The ones you constantly lean on as evidence that masks don’t work? You know the ones? The ones that show cases, dates, and when mask mandates were enacted? Hopefully you remember them, you’ve posted ALOT of them. Well you also labeled mask compliance on those charts, upwards of 99% compliance in some cities and states. After reading your charts I was so impressed with how much buy-in people had, so so impressed. I never would’ve thought there was 99% compliance based on my personal observations, but hey, you have a chart, so it’s gotta be true! You even said so! Weird how you never provided links, just screen shots, would’ve been nice to be able to verify it myself, but again, you seemed to have put your reputation on the credibility of these charts, so who am I to question. But now, now I see you saying it’s possible that people haven’t been honest in this Scottish study. It’s really made me wonder, we’re the Americans you polled personally dishonest too? How do we know if we can trust your charts if people lie? This is very unfortunate because those charts were really important in your crusade against masks. My whole world is upside down now, what to believe…

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Sure, we can do that. Also, I didn't poll anyone, but thanks for asking. Then lets do it with everything. That's one way to do it. Go look at that great poll that some of the libbies posted saying 90% of dems are vaccinated and something like 70% of blacks are vaccinated. Problem is the CDC data is drastically different for blacks. Who to believe? Not sure all this consternation is about. I didn't question the validity of the Scottish study. I think it is wise to read things and use common sense. Something many on here have lacked for about 18 months.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

I'm fine with a vaccine mandate, as long as those with a confirmed case of Covid previously are exempt. That makes sense especially because someone with antibodies is safer than someone without but 2 shots. Sure, lets do it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Because it's data to draw conclusions from and make decisions off of. You can still question some of the metrics and determine how much weight to give to a specific study, for example, anyone giving any weight to the Bangladesh study is just biased for masks. Any rational person would see that. But hey, you believe in what you want, no one is changing anyone's mind on here.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    No you didn’t, but you also didn’t realize when posting that mask usage likely played an integral role in the results. You don’t like that so you did in fact question it’s validity by stating “polls can’t be trusted”. Polls are all you have to go off of and having been shoving them down our throats for months. I know you didn’t do the polling yourself, that was sarcasm. You just admitted your charts are worthless without even realizing it. You’re also further proving everyone’s point we’ve been explaining to you for months now, that your charts based on the publics honestly are complete and total garbage. Keep telling us how the public can’t be trusted, seriously, please do as it further damages your credibility. Not that you had any in the first place, but it’s great to watch you admit it without the slightest clue.

• Winner Winner x 3
  17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

So then go look at a chart of states who have used different mask requirements and see if there was a big difference in cases. Go look at Nevada and CA and see how close their charts are yet have drastically different mandates. IF masks worked, we would see that. We have zero evidence masks work in the past 100+ Years of science yet now all of sudden we are to believe they work. It’s stupid. But hey, you and others keep thinking they work. I’ll deal in reality. You can live in fantasy land.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    You admitted you have no evidence they don’t work since your charts are garbage. That’s not reality sport, buying in 100% and going to the effort you do with zero proof, now that’s fantasy land.

19. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    • Like Like x 1
  20. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You made zero sense with that post. Not surprising, but you keep it up. Maybe if we double mask, that will work better…

Or heck, lets triple mask to be sure they work. What a joke.

• Funny Funny x 1