Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Legend

Nov 3, 2013
    Similar stuff we saw with the Russian Collusion gang and their foreign partners in e-mails etc.

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  2. obgator

obgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    That moment when Dr. Fauci said F it, I’m touching my face.

• Funny Funny x 5
  3. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    No. Though I really hope that one day soon you'll find a way not to indulge conspiracies. Too often it prevents reasoned discussion with you because you wind up trying to fit everything into the conspiracy rather than adjusting your thinking to fit the facts and circumstances.

Can't speak for others, but I'd much rather have a reasoned discussion with you, not fight over baseless conspiracies. For instance, I disagree with you about this pandemic, but at least there can be some reasoned discussion (such as about death rates and projections). When you start invoking conspiracies, that all changes, at least for me it does.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    But conspiracies are 2/3rds of his posting content. What would there be for him to post on the board without them and Breitbart talking points?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  5. danmann65

danmann65 All American

May 22, 2015
    Ok, statistics and probability tell us what will most likely happen. China used draconian measures that we won't to keep cases at 85000 and deaths at about 1000. They did not have great medical facilities in the Wuhan region.

We will not be able to enforce such draconian measures but we will have better medical care. Our numbers of diseases will far exceed China's but our deaths will be similar.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  6. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    LOL @ you ever being proven right about a single one of your crack pot conspiracy theories. Good lord.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Legend

Nov 3, 2013
    I guess you never read the IG report or the head FISA Judges order that multiple warrants were fraudulent including the one prior to the special counsel being appointed and that the DOJ was told to gather all the Info obtained as a result of any of those warrants for him to review.

Doesn't surprise me since CNN and them dropped all that mostly once it was proven to be a hoax.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Here's a thought...maybe it's related to total population and population density in those states? So many red states are thoroughly undesirable places to live.

• Winner Winner x 1
  9. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You just need to admit what is really going on here. Trump intentionally botched the US response to the virus to eliminate many of the elderly from the entitlement program rolls (Social Security and Medicare,) get rid of homeless people (eliminating them from Medicaid, food stamps, etc.) and to finally be be able to shut the country down completely to immigration.

My conspiracy theory, as whacked as it is, is just as plausible as yours.

• Creative Creative x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    Why am I still surprised at the abject inability of some posters to see beyond red and blue? Or at the efforts of others to still try to carry on reasoned discussion with them.

Maybe we should rename the country the Binary States of America.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Like Like x 2
  11. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Options include, but not limited to:

o sadists ("Quills")
    o allergic to any facts that throws ripples in their world view ("Jaws")
    o conditioned by their party ("1984")

• Like Like x 1
  12. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

• Informative Informative x 2
  13. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    love me a good pissin' match early in the morning ummmmmm hmmmmmm

14. ncargat1

ncargat1 VIP Member

Dec 11, 2009
    In another thread I was accused to assailing the character of Dr. Fauci. I most definitely did not mean for my comments in that thread to sound that way. Here is a clip of Dr. Fauci on CBS Evening News. I feel badly for this guy. You can just tell he wants so badly to tell people to do the right thing, but he is still having to choose his words so carefully since he still has to work within our political machinery.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    Blows my effing mind. It’s scary as nobody was that brainwashed before Trump.

Maybe, just maybe there are more COVID-19 cases in NYC and CA because they are largest City (and a very dense one) and largest state (that also has dense cities).

Maybe I’m wrong and this is Gawd’s plan to wipe out those libtards once and for all and I’m just behind the times.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I try to avoid them, but might have to jump in. Last time I went full blown pissin’ match with these certain posters I got one to admit that I had R Kelly’d all over them.

NSFW

Last edited: Mar 21, 2020
    • Funny Funny x 5
  17. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    While the odds of the disease are probably lower in rural areas, unless you are going full on isolation mode on a farm, it's not like it's not going to spread everywhere. Basically the more rural you are, the more "social distancing" you naturally do. That basically means most of these ares are just lagging behind the current outbreaks centers by days/weeks/months. But when you go to the market or whatever, the same issue exists for exposure.

In the U.S., we might have issues where the urban areas get it under control, then it hits more rural areas,and then outbreaks start back up again in the urban areas. It's also not like rural health care systems are going to be better equipped, it's just a matter of scale. If you have 10 ventilators and 100 patients, that is the same issue as 1000 ventilators and 10,000 patients.

• Like Like x 1
  18. homer

homer GC Hall of Fame

Nov 2, 2015
    I’m not a fan of packing people on top of each other. Like in the cities. People are a PITA.

There isn’t a red state you can live where you can’t make it nice. I’ve lived in lots of different areas with different amenities and enjoyed each one of them because my wife and I took a house and made it a home. You just don’t like red stares because they are red.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. cluckugator

cluckugator VIP Member

Aug 16, 2007
    I couldn’t agree more. Main point was the extremely obvious fact that the largest city and largest state probably have the largest number of cases because they are, well, larger than others. Don’t think the virus is discriminating because of political bias.

And my 26 year old direct report went from Miami to his parents farm in NC to fully isolate. Annoying as his WiFi sucks. He has moderate to severe respiratory issues for his age, so I get the real fear in that case. But I digress...

20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

An anomaly perhaps but a small slow down yesterday:

Fewer deaths than previous day and a small decline in overall new cases by percentage vs day before compared to previous days.

It was the first time since this blew up 7 or 8 days ago that we had a decline in deaths vs previous day.

United States Coronavirus: 19,781 Cases and 276 Deaths - Worldometer

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1