Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The problem with your data is it isn't straight apples to apples. One data set looks at all those under 18, which is the COVID hospitalization rate. Another lumps 16-25 year olds together into one group, which is the vaccine hospitalization rate. See the potential problem?

Let me explain. If say 20 out of the 25.7 vaccine hospitalizations are for people 18-25, then only 5 people in this group would be considered adolescents under the age of 18. And that would make hospitalizations from the vaccine 40% lower than from the virus!

You are making a claim that vaccine hospitalizations are twice the rate, but also more than doubling the number of people in the vaccine hospitalization rate by including people ages 18-25 in that data set, and only looking at those 17 and younger in your other set.

Math is clearly not your thing. Especially if you think .03% (1 in 3000) is greater than 3%. Or even .3%, which is again, comparing myocarditis rates from the vaccine versus getting the virus itself.

2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Keep trying! I get it, your previous argument is crap and you are scrambling to try to save face. It's better to just say "my bad" and move on, but everyone knows you won't do that. And that what makes this so fun for me.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    If you have to stack the deck to make your point, and you don't understand it, that's not my problem. Or maybe you don't understand why a comparison of kids under 17 versus a comparison that includes people up to 25 years old may be skewed?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    There is a 12-15 year old comparison that you are glossing over. Shocking...

Move back to the scary variants garbage, because the fat lady has sung on this argument.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    And you can't make a true apples to apples comparison in that age group because one data set has all adolescents under 18 (17 and below). The other looks at 12-15 as a separate group, and lumps 16-25 into the other. Unless you can separate the 16s and 17s out of the second data group, making a 1:1 comparison Berwyn the two groups like you did is impossible.

We could speculate even distribution among the hospitalized group than contains the 16-25 year olds. That would put the number per age at just over 2.5, meaning the 16s and 17s would represent about 5 total. Now do the math comparing hospitalization rates for those under 18. Here's a hint, I already did this.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Keep digging...

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Care in an emergency room is not a hospitalization either. You are still comparing things that are not the same.

8. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    One of my golfing friends just told me he tested positive for COVID, and he didn't take the vaccine. He's 68 and can still shot even par or better.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    LOL. Pro Tip, when you are trying to write off going to the ER as no big deal, you've lost the argument. Good try though.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Pro tip, when you try to compare rates, make sure they are of the same thing next time. It is the way to compare things in an intellectually honest fashion.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You keep telling me I'm wrong, but offer no specifics in rebuttal. Either tells me you are intellectually lazy, or actually have nothing to offer to rebut my argument, but can't admit to being whipped. Which is it?

12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I explained it. Sorry you didn't understand it. Keep making up stuff though. Some people like that.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    95 has been reduced to trolly-catch-phrase salad:

"Thanks for coming out"
    "good effort"
    "thanks for trying"
    "Pro tip"
    "LOL"

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You were reduced to race baiting years ago. Is that how you play this game?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    AzCatFan vs Gator 95, ali-frazier round 4.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    No you didn't. You tried to compared a bunch of apples (kids 17 and under) with a group that includes apples and pears (adults 18-25). I explained this comparison is skewed, and your retort was I was wrong, with no explanation of why I was wrong. Here's your chance. I'm waiting with baited breath.

I agree with the hospitalization numbers for those 17 and under. And agree with vaccination numbers for those 12-15. But if we want a true comparison, we need to remove those 18 and older from equation.

And if we want to make comparisons, how about we start with the worst. 324 deaths in the US from COVID for kids 17 and under. The vaccine? Despite a false story that there were over 900 deaths for kids which has been completely debunked, the only kid I found around the globe that died within 48 hours of receiving a vaccine was a 16-year old in the Philippines who was taking a bunch of supplements that negatively effected his heart.

Let's compare long haul cases. Vaccine? Zero. COVID. At least 10% of kids who contract COVID have long haul symptoms months after recovering.

Want to compare myocarditis? Israel study puts cases between 1 in 3000 and 1 in 6000. Using the bigger number, that's .0333% of cases. Small scale study among recovering, college aged athletes puts the percentage who had myocarditis at 3%. 3% > .0333%. Now granted, small scale studies can have easily skewed numbers, but even if the study was off by a factor of 10, that puts those recovering from COVID who had myocarditis at .3%, which is still > .0333%. If the small scale study was off by a factor of 100, then myocarditis rates are basically equal between vaccine and virus. At which point, you look at other factors, like death and long haul and still conclude the vaccine is the better option.

There is also the real possibility that vaccinated people are spreading the Delta variant. Which isn't surprising, since those that are vaccinated tend to have less symptoms or be completely asymptomatic. Given the fact that at worst, in kids 12 and older, myocarditis rates are equal between the vaccinated and infected, the vaccine completely eliminates long haul, and death rates from the vaccine are zero versus over 300 from the virus, what's the better option?

Now, I'm sure I'll get a, "you're wrong!" response from you, with little to no actual substance defending your one report comparing apples and apples + pears, as you pat yourself on the back and congratulate yourself for your own ignorance.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You really think 324 kids died from Covid? I guess we believe everything we are told. Read more, post less. 40% of children weren't actually hospitalized for covid. Not really hard to research if you clear your Google search bar of "scary covid variants".

New Research Suggests Number of Kids Hospitalized for COVID Is Overcounted

The rest of what you wrote is just flat out wrong. I'm not here to post research proving you lied, just be thankful i'm here to point it out to everyone else.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You do know that hospitalizations and deaths are two different metrics, right? And as expected, your response to me was pretty much meaningless. Not one rebuttal of any substance, which tells me again, you are either intellectually lazy, or know you are losing, but can't admit it out loud.

19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    oh, so only hospitalizations are overblown. Got it. Final answer? And i do like how you try to copy me. It's cute. Embarrassing but cute.

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Please explain to me how a death number can be overblown? Dead is dead. Unless you're only mostly dead and know Miracle Max, I guess?