Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    So yes? Lol. It was a simple yes or no question. Binary answer. I’ll put it another way:

If forced to choose would you inject covid 19 into your kids veins or would you inject the vaccine into their veins?

2. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    And what about the ones yet discovered from the disease itself? Are those not of equal or greater concern?

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Sure. I get it. You are upset about being called out on being wrong on lockdowns and school closures. I'd be upset too. And then you tried to lie and say you didn't support those positions.

Last edited by a moderator: May 20, 2021
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Who gets the covid 19 injected into their veins? Let's deal in real world here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    And idiots are worse than both

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  6. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Let's knock off the name calling and insults please.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  7. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    You're afraid of answering the question just like you're afraid of the vaccine. lol

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    The hilarious part is, he is lying about my position on schools. I already told him what my position was, how it was inconsistent with his claims, and this thread has the benefit of still existing, which let's that be verified. Despite it being explained and an open invitation to find any post that is not consistent with my stated position, he continues to come here and lie. Because that is who he is.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  9. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015

10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I did not "show up to defend him". I was stating my own position in multiple threads about the vaccine.
    I have been called a few nice names and insulted for that myself.

LOl. Some left this site because we were unfair to conservatives. Some say we are too unfair to the other side.

Whatever.

11. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Naw, he is actually a breath of fresh air needed to show both sides in here. He definitely won’t back down and it seems to bother you or else you’d cease posting in circles.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  12. tilly

I mean @mdgator05 is saying we did nothing.
    You are saying we actually closed the thread.

Which is it?

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Thanks Tilly. Not trying to argue with you or twist your arm; merely providing some additional info.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  14. BigCypressGator1981

Oct 11, 2011
    You're the mod. You tell me. This thread was definitely unpinned or closed for a period of time, no?

15. tilly

The vaccine is no guarantee.

What if they get the vax AND Covid? What then?
    What if they already had covid? What then?
    Maybe I want to only have them face one risk? Or better yet....zero if they avoid the virus. What then?

16. tilly

I feel ya. It's always all good with me my friend.

• Like Like x 1
  17. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I did not say that. I described your behavior as a poster. I did not address the activity of mods (who did close this thread for a while, largely driven by the fact that a certain poster chased off most contributors). However, the fact that you have turned this into "sides" when I didn't mention liberals or conservatives is a bit interesting. It is suggesting that the blind spot you have for 95's behavior on this thread is a bit because you view him as your "side" on a personal level.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I guess you could consider lying (which is what he does about me) the other side from telling the truth.

19. tilly

Yep it was. You are the one claiming to know why.

The point is, threads like this are crazy hard to moderate. We all end up getting insulted in a thread this long and this important.
    We closed the thread because it ran it's course. MULTIPLE people were using it to sling stones. Closing it was the very epitome of doing something.
    There are huge parts of this thread that I never read because I bailed on it for a while.

It was reopened because it once again made sense just as it originally did when River merged all the topics into the one thread.

But seriously...I have zero sympathy for anyone complaining about "insults" if they don't report them. Zero.
    Just like I have zero sympathy for some of the crybabies that left here because they got their feelings hurt.

I skim a lot. We cant possibly read it all. Report it or stop complaining. (Not aimed at you directly BCG81) just a general statement.

20. tilly

LOL. what?

My point was no matter what we do someone thinks we favor one side over the other. It happens on both sides. No part of that can be twisted fairly into me choosing sides.

Again. You realize I am the conservative most mentioned on the other site for not being fair to conservatives right...i am the king of RINO's there. Even worse since I dropped the R, I assume.?

And full disclosure. I rarely if ever edit conversations aimed directly at me. I report them just like you can so that they are handled fairly.