Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Coronavirus in the United States - news and thoughts

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by GatorNorth, Feb 25, 2020.

1. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Election truther compared to a death that WAS ruled a covid death and when someone raised the issue only then was it corrected. So yeah, good analogy, comparing an "election truther" to something that actually happened. Strike one!

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. gators81

gators81 Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    atlanta
    Why start now?

3. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Yeah, you’re not a conspiracy type.:rolleyes:

4. RIP

RIP I like touchdowns Premium Member

Feb 2, 2015
    Wrong. Fraud and mistakes occur in every single election but not enough to have any meaningful impact on the overall number of votes. Death certification has mistakes but not enough to make any meaningful difference on the overall number of deaths. Fraudulently certifying deaths however is a completely made up myth. I don't know why I bother with you anymore. You have zero bend or flex to move from your original position. It's tiresome.

5. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

You have no idea if the Covid deaths are labeled correctly or not. Stop acting like everything is above board when you have no idea. Questioning whether numbers are accurate especially when there is a financial incentive to do so is not a conspiracy theory.

6. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hey, keep clinging to keeping schools shut down. I'm sure that data will work out in your favor soon...

7. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    I see over 300k extra deaths this year and a pandemic. You have absolutely zero evidence of actual DEATHS by suicide, just ideation increases. You also have presented zero proposed numbers of people dying in droves from missed diagnoses due to the pandemic but you are assuming they make up a large portion of the extra deaths.

In your opinion how many of the completely verified extra deaths are due to suicide, overdoses, and missed diagnoses?

8. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    What? I have already admitted that the spread from schools wasn't as bad as I thought it would be. You are so bad at this yet you think you win every argument. Dunning-Kruger in full effect here.

• Winner Winner x 3
  9. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Lets label everyone who dies in 2020 a Covid death and keep it easy for you guys. That's what you and the MSM want. Make it happen! I presented evidence and you don't like said evidence. Hey, maybe you guys will succeed in keeping schools closed long enough to do more permanent damage to our youth. Good job!

10. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You didn't admit it until I called you out on it. At least you admitted you were wrong and I give you credit for that. More than I can say for Md, who got caught in a lie and kept digging a deeper hole.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. RIP

Feb 2, 2015
    Yes, everyone just loves COVID deaths. When I go to bed at night I pray that God keeps the numbers going up so that I can....not go back to living a normal life? Continue to isolate so that I can fake-protect my elderly mother in law who lives with me? I won't be happy until every single death is labeled as a COVID death for completely logical and definitely not made up reasons. You really should take a step back.

This pandemic has been beyond inconvenient for most people including "coronabros" and downright devastating for millions more. What on Earth would our motivation actually be? I just don't think you'll ever be more than hyperbolic and down right conspiratorial on this subject. It is probably for the best that I refrain from engaging with you going forward. I stopped for a while in hopes that you would become more rational but it hasn't happen.

• Like Like x 1
  12. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    So we have 300k excess deaths this year(so far). And we have 300k Covid deaths. So lets break down what will go up and go down in 2020(best guess). Vehicle deaths(down significantly), Drug overdoses(up), Suicides(up and i'd wager a large amount that when the data for 2020 is full, suicide rates will be up significantly), cancer(up because of not seeing their doctor), Alzheimers and Dementia(up significantly), murders(up in big cities for sure). For sure there are a lot of Covid deaths. My uneducated guess is somewhere around 150K covid deaths(which is significant), but do think it's inflated to the 300k level. If you think of any deaths that would be down please provide.

Dementia Patients Dying At Higher Rates During Pandemic, Data Show

13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The evidence of increased suicide deaths doesn't exist. The evidence presented showed ideation was up, but the evidence actually shows the increase is minimal best. With dementia, the numbers show an increase of just over 5%, which is about 15,000. Some of these likely did have COVID, especially if they are elderly. Someone with Alzheimer's has problems fighting off any infection, as the brain signals for everything the body does gets blocked, which causes the body to shut down normal, everyday functions. This includes the body's immune response, meaning an Alzheimer's patient getting COVID would likely have a bad case, since the body would be sending mixed signals on how to fight the virus. Here's a good article on why those with Alzheimer's are more susceptible to COVID because one, they are likely living in an assisted living facility and two, COVID attacks the brain, which in a dementia patient, is already having issues. And here's a link to a study that death rates of patients with Alzheimer's who caught COVID were close to 42%!

Would these people with Alzheimer's die anyway even if they never caught COVID? Of course. We all do. But with a death rate at so significantly higher among those with Alzheimer's who caught COVID and just about every other group, COVID was a factors in COD for these patients.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. dingyibvs

dingyibvs Premium Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Are you referring to diabetes as the primary cause of death, or deaths related to diabetes? Most people with diabetes die of infections or cardiovascular disease as the primary cause of death. Unlike COVID, it's usually the chronic underlying cause rather than the inciting event.

15. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

Suicides up in Dane County, mental health experts see link to COVID-19

I'm sure Madison is alone in their findings...

16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Since it seems apparent that multiple causes can be listed and counted on a death certificate, perhaps our media...always in search of accuracy and truth...should tell the public that?

I think Covid is a huge deal. No hoax. Not an attempt to ruin Trump, etc.

But I do think the reporting has failed to educate Americans.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

2020 Was Especially Deadly. Covid Wasn’t the Only Culprit.

Here is some data that contradicts your "5%" number.

18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Doesn't contradict anything. There are extra Alzheimer's deaths from patients who didn't contract COVID. Alzheimer's patients like routine and family regular family visits. Having gone through this with my Father-in-Law, we kept a schedule where we visited every two weeks, and when we missed a visit, it had a negative effect. I don't disagree that some numbers are up that COVID had an unintended consequence, and no, COVID should not appear on these death certificates. But with over 40% of people with Alzheimer's who get COVID die, then COVID is also a reason why we have seen a 5% increase in Alzheimer's deaths in 2020.

19. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Read this article the other day. It shows that a very large majority of the excess deaths in 2020 were caused by covid. It also shows that many other excess deaths were indirectly caused by the covid pandemic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    As a trumpet player, this would be devastating. I wonder if there are potential lingering effects. Hard to imagine something like that just ceases altogether.