Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Conservatives, what are you conserving?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by citygator, Sep 4, 2024.

1. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    what is the unifying world view?

2. agigator

agigator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
  3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You're not allowed to say that out loud. You have to get the manual and find the code words for that.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  4. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I have been thinking about this. Here is what I have decided. Some people support Trump because he is a successful scammer who has been scamming people forever. They wish they were him.

Then there are the Christians who don’t read the Bible and support Trump only because he claims to be against abortion even though there is nothing else Christian about him.

The third part are supporting their team like they have their whole lives. We who have supported Billy Napier know something about this. There are transformational elections where people desert a party en masse. I think we are in one of these now.

5. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    thanks for sharing. Personally I find that description at best simplistic and at worst incoherent. It does nothing to reconcile how both Jack Kemp and JD Vance identify as conservative.

It mentions Alexander Hamilton as fitting the conservative mold. Yet I often hear Thomas Jefferson was conservative (that seems how Docspor is leaning).