Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Colorado Supreme Court removes Trump from the ballot

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Dec 19, 2023.

1. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    No, it's not solid. In fact, the judges were so hesitant about the decision that they stayed the decision.

I'm sorry, January 6th makes Trump literally Hitler, and that is the only factor anyone should consider in the 2024 election. Satisfied?

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    To be honest, I was going to vote for Trump, then I saw his Christmas message and it simply changed everything. Now I will never vote for him.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I'm still voting for Trump, he's by far our best candidate. I truly don't understand why other conservatives keep saying they're not voting him.
    When Trump wins the nomination he will be our candidate and for any conservative or republican to openly say they're never voting for him is like saying they're voting for Biden.
    I believe most in the end will still give Trump their vote over Biden. I'm sure we have a few that cliam they're voting for Kennedy which is still a vote for the left, any true conservative would never do that

• Funny Funny x 3
  4. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Bro, I was being sarcastic. :D

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    Just because you think it doesn't make it so.
    The metal protectors were at his speech not at the capitol!!
    The entering of the capital started before Trump finished his speech.
    This all great but fictious and a thought of your mind not Trump's.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Did any mass of persons bypass the speech completely to go straight to the Capitol? No. So if the metal detectors stopped the masses from being armed at the speech location, did they not also help keep the Capitol insurrectionist from being armed?

And while Hitler too had a failed insurrection attempt, the biggest parallel from Trump to Hitler is the "poisoning the blood," which Trump said, and is a direct quote from Mein Kampf. Still, I wonder why anyone who thinks a person who tried to illegally overturn a free and fair election, and who's word cloud for his Presidency includes "dictatorship" is a good candidate for POTUS?

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. Gatoragman

Jan 4, 2008
    Oh!!!! I didn't realize you had to go through the security at the speech in order to go to the capital.
    Glad you cleared that up!
    Sticks and stones may break my bones, but words will never hurt me!

8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Follow the simple logic, please. The overwhelming majority of people went to listen to Trump speak before heading to the Capitol. If all these people had to go through a metal detectors before they heard Trump speak, and they marched directly from the speech to the Capitol, then the metal detectors stopped many from being armed at the Capitol. Now, ask yourself, why was Trump unhappy there were metal detectors stopping armed people from listening to him speak?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gatoragman

Jan 4, 2008
    Well ask yourself why the protest at the capital started and they were entering the capital before Trump finished his speech?
    If he is the cult leader wouldn't all his minions want to hear every word of instruction to destroy democracy before they actually tried?

10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Perhaps the advanced scouts were the most cult committed. They didn't need to hear every word before starting their advance on the Capitol. Now answer the question, why was Trump pissed there were metal detectors that prevented a lot of armed people from hearing him speak?

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. Gatoragman

Jan 4, 2008
    He was mad because it was slowing people from coming into his speech?
    Answer mine, did they have to go through the metal detector at the speech to go protest at the capital?

12. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The president was warned by a Secret Service official that protesters outside security magnetometers were carrying weapons.

Trump said: “I don’t fucking care that they have weapons, they’re not here to hurt me. They’re not here to hurt me. Take the fucking mags away. Let my people in. They can march to the Capitol from here, let the people in and take the mags away.”

Trump knew crowd at rally was armed yet demanded they be allowed to march

• Informative Informative x 3
  13. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Trump also demanded he be taken to the Capitol after his speech. Trump wanted more armed people at his speech. And he wanted to lead this armed group in the march to the Capitol. The fact that this doesn't happen doesn't mean it's not what Trump wanted. Now all yourself, what purpose would Trump want armed followers at his speech and following him to the Capitol?

14. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

How about we stop making up a new definition of what it means to be conservative.

Many TRUE conservatives find the man to be tragically inadequate to hold office in an HOA, much less Pennsylvania Avenue.

I dare say that true conservatives are the ones with the balls to see the bigger picture.

Trump Is damaging the right in an irreparable manner.

• Agree x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  15. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I've never met or heard of a true conservative voting for a liberal.

All True conservatives would disagree with you and your opinion, Trump did a great job while he was President, get away from the ledge with your ridiculous thinking, damaging the right, lol. You and others who won't support Trump if he gets the nomination will be the cause of the left maintaining control, I hope you can see the big picture

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    Thank for summarizing how a country can end up with authoritarian rule - people who refuse to vote for the other side no matter what.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol, this coming from one of our local libbies

18. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    Registered and voted Republican up until 2016. Switched to Democrat and voted Democrat since. Thought that Trump would be unfit to be President so I was willing to switch. I'd switch back again if the situation was reversed and Biden pulled the same thing that Trump did and tried to stay in power rather than admit defeat and transitioning power to the new President. I'm not a blind follower so I can acknowledge shortcomings of the candidates and make a decision in totality of the pros and cons.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Maine disqualifies Trump from presidential primary ballot, citing insurrection clause | Donald Trump | The Guardian

Maine’s secretary of state has removed Donald Trump from the state’s presidential primary ballot under the insurrection clause of the US constitution.

The move follows a recent decision made by Colorado’s supreme court to remove Trump from the state primary ballot, citing the same constitutional cause and setting up a legal showdown at the US supreme court.

Maine’s election official is the first to take action unilaterally, and the move has potential electoral college consequences.

While Maine has just four electoral votes, it’s one of two states to split them. Trump won one of Maine’s electors in 2020, so having him off the ballot there should he emerge as the Republican general election candidate could have outsized implications in a race that is expected to be narrowly decided.

• Like Like x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  20. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    The righties want to blame Democrats but it is Republicans that have filed lawsuits against Trump in all of these states

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1