Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Colorado Supreme Court removes Trump from the ballot

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Gator515151, Dec 19, 2023.

1. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    That wasn't my question though. Once it was clear that a large number of people were getting violent with Capitol Police and attempting to enter the Capitol, did Trump do whatever he could in his capacity as President to stop it?

2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This is the exact BS lie that makes people believe the false narrative. I have posted the speech. Stop trying to take it out of context to push a false narrative just because you do not like trump. It is dishonest and shows you have no credibility.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I disagree. He called them all to DC on that specific day and provoked them to storm the capitol building. I don’t think the militias do anything close to what they did had he not egged them on.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Biggest nastiest bully to ever cry victim.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    There is nothing he could do. Clearly you just wanted him to say stop. That would have done nothing to change anything that day. As noted. There were groups there that were going to do what they did regardless. They even started during the speech.

Here is a question for you. Do you think the Capitol police did all they could to make sure the situation did not get out of hand?

There is a lot to unpack if we want to really get to the bottom of Jan 6. But the only thing the media wants you to believe is trump led an insurrection. And there is absolutely zero evidence of anything remotely close to that.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
  7. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    You don't think there's anything he could have done to help? Not calling in reinforcements? Not immediately going on TV and Twitter calling for the violence to stop?

I think the Capitol Police were outnumbered and overwhelmed which caused the situation to escalate. If the National Guard had immediately been dispatched to even the numbers then it would have prevented the escalation of violence that everyone saw on TV that day.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    Here's my prediction of trump Wednesday election:

Near the end of Trump's turn he will push to suspend all elections until we can be sure that all elections are " free and fair". His supporters will then come up with a million different reasons of why they support such action

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  9. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    There is enough evidence that the Capitol Police allowed the people there to go beyond barriers and then it got out of control? Why would they do that?

10. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    To fall back to a better defense position when they were being attacked, overrun, and were unable to hold the line.

You're avoiding answering the question though. If Trump didn't support the violence that was happening, why didn't he do anything to stop it?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. G8tas

G8tas GC Hall of Fame

Sep 22, 2008
    And why were Ivanka and Kevin McCarthy begging him to stop it as well?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I read the entire transcript. He used the word "peaceful" once in a roughly hour long speech. It's obvious that he was trying to gin up the crowd and although this was over two months earlier and it's rather obvious where Trump stood regarding violence.
    Trump to far-right extremists: 'Stand back and stand by'
    While Trump's attorneys could probably make a valid argument that he explicitly didn't call for violence on January 6th he also had no problem with the violent assault on the Capitol was evidenced by the fact that he was aware of what was happening and waited hours before calling off his cult.

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    All the people were there at Trumps invitation. There is actually very little to “unpack” here.

Trump, with conspirators like Guiliani, Steve Bannon, Sidney Powell, and dozens of others, coordinated a campaign of lies in the public sphere, the so-called “Stop the Steal”. 1/6 was a planned event with Trumps blessings. Plenty of online chatter about violence leading up to it. We even talked about it on here in the days ahead. Trump himself “it’s going to be wild”. Trump after the event “this is what you get when a sacred election is stolen from meeeee”. Were you asleep?

Without the actions of Trump, his co-conspirators and media sycophants: there is no crazed 1/6 rally. Without the rally of crazy cultists, there is no sacking of the Capitol. No debate to be had as to whether those events constitute an insurrection.

The notion there is “nothing he could do” when all of it revolved around him and his band of liars is patently ridiculous.

Last edited: Dec 21, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 7
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    It is complete and total revisionism. It’s like the slogans of, “Trial by combat” were never spoken.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I remember seeing a psychologist in an article somewhere, before the election predicting exactly what would happen. She basically said that when narcissists lose, they burn the house down to get even. That’s exactly what he did.
    He spent months propagating a lie about election fraud even before the election, in case he lost. Then he turned it on full throttle after the election because his eg shell fragile ego couldn’t accept he lost, helped organize fake electors, called governors and election heads demanding they “find” him votes, encouraged his minions to go around the country making crazy unsubstantiated claims about voting machines, begged his VP to intercede illegally, called his supporters to DC the day of the congressional certification, gave a one hour speech largely about how aggrieved he was, threw in one line about “peaceful” while basically telling them their democracy had been stolen and they had to fight, and then sat back and watched it on TV as they rioted, even as people around him were begging him to come out and talk to calm things down.
    That anyone can’t see what he is is just completely beyond me.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. GatorNorth

GatorNorth Premium Member Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Atlanta
    • Informative Informative x 3
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    That is not what they originally did. After it got out of control I could agree.

There is nothing trump could have done. These fringe groups had showed up. He did not call for them to show up and so what they were doing. And there is no way the secret service was going to allow him to go down to the Capitol. The people at the Capitol were not watching tv or listening to the radio for trump to tell them what to do.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    He never once called for violence. The fight line is clearly taken out of context. The fringe groups that were the real problem were at the Capitol. Not the speech as well. Did people from the speech make their way eventually to the Capitol. Absolutely. But this was not an insurrection led by trump. As the media wants you to believe.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    What Trump said about "peacefully" in that speech was nothing but an observation. Trumpers have spun it into an instruction in an attempt to defend him. When he said "fight like hell" that WAS an instruction. There's nothing false about what I said.

And there is no way to spin how he just watched the violence on tv for 2-3 hours without calling in the national guard or local police. Especially since the national guard were told to stand down and not respond to what was happening in advance.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  20. mikemcd810

Apr 3, 2007
    Why didn't he send in reinforcements from the National Guard or other agencies? He's the freaking President and our Capitol building was being overrun.

You don't want to answer the question because you can't, and while you may be able to squint hard enough to avoid blaming him for the events leading up to it, there's no defending his failure to act in response.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1