Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

CNN: Biden's "devastating" latest poll, could give Trump the White House.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 7, 2023.

1. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I expect most of your flock will run away from the applied logic of your flock’s specious position.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Yes, it's called freedom of speech. If it continues, that's a different story all together. If it is fueled constantly and becomes a threat to our democracy, then you can be called a "horrid election denier". Was she an election dinier? Possibly, but the question would be does she still feel that way today? See, the difference is we don't know, because she hasn't made it a THING.
    Well, we all have opinions don't we?
    Oh,,,, and back at ya.

3. snatchmagnet

snatchmagnet Bring On The Bacon Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Parts Unknown
    Did you actually watch that video? It basically backed up what uf lawyer just posted. I’m not sure what your intention was

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    What exactly is the opponent who just lost the election, calling the elected victor “illegitimate” supposed to mean? Doesn’t illegitimate mean “not fairly elected”. (Which, btw is how I think Hillary actually defined it).

If it quacks like a duck, then…..

I do appreciate your concession that Hillary was at least wrong, but it wasn’t just her. It was the majority of leadership in your party.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My opinion of Trump is my own, based on things he has done and not on the opinions of others. When he won the election in 2016, I was of the opinion that he should be given a chance to see if he could rise to the occasion and make a decent president. Well, he sunk like a stone. Things (in no particular order) like suddenly and without warning (after a phone call with Erdogen) pulling our troops from the Turkish-Syrian border area, thus abandoning our Kurdish allies to an immediate Turkish assault, forcing thousands of Kurds to flee their homes and with who know how many killed. Like separating immigrant children at the border from their parents without even keeping records of which children were sent where. IOW he turned the children into orphans. Like his gross negligence as our “leader” during the pandemic, at first saying the virus would “just disappear,” then going against his own administration’s guidelines, and in the course of his negligence contributing to the deaths of thousands and thousands of Americans. Like his obsequiousness to Putin and his “love” for Kim Jong Un. And of course there’s his treatment of/attitude toward women. Was it a dozen who accused him of sexual assault? Historically “stars” like him, he says in a deposition, have been grabbing women by the p---y for “a million years.” And how does he cap it all off? With an attempted coup after the 2020 election. These are things that have led to my own personal opinion that Trump is an unadulterated POS.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. FutureGatorMom

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I don't like any divisive rhetoric, so in that respect she should have just shut her trap regardless of whatever her thoughts were. But, it also means it's an opinion, that because of all the known russian trolls on social media, the large amount of people who were on the fence, were swayed to vote for trumph as the "lesser of the two evils". On you're other point:

First, not my party. I don't belong to either of them, just right now it is especially not the republicans. I'm registered NPA which can be a pain in the ass during primaries, but it is what it is.
    Second, opinions that are made and not translated into actions are VERY different than what we have seen play out since the big orange baby lost the election. It wasn't his opinion alone that he won, or Rudy's, it was that they put it into action like they had absolute evidence that it happened. We know that they didn't. That is my take.

7. FutureGatorMom

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    So many talking points, so little time. I forgot about some of that stuff. Sheesh, what a damaging time for our country.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Although I didn’t vote for trump, I voted for Gary Johnson. I too gave him a chance. I thought maybe talking to brutal dictators hadn’t been tried in a while so let’s try it and see what happens. But Trump was more influenced by the dictators than the dictators were influenced by trump. His only goal was to enrich himself. The graft was so over the top it wasn’t funny. The Trump apologists ignored the billions the Kuchners were bribed with and still carp on Hunter Biden’s sleaze which while wasn’t good was a magnitude less sleazy than the trumps.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    that would require thought and effort…so probably not

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    are their unicorns where your thoughts and ideas reside?

• Funny Funny x 1
  11. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Rubber glue.

12. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Cannot speak for him and while Trump never directly suggested that bleach injections should used as a treatment for Covid he did strongly suggest that bleach should investigated as a possible treatment for the virus, although not the quite the same it was almost as absurd. Anyone with even a minimal knowledge of biology would have enough common sense to realize the enough bleach to kill the virus would almost certainly be lethal to the person receiving the injection.

13. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Trump made no mention or suggestion of bleach and there are hundreds of disinfectant which do not contain chlorine. Further, a disinfectant is defined generally as a process of removing or destroying pathogenic microorganisms on inert surfaces. An antibiotic shares a similar definition except instead of inert surfaces, it applies to microorganisms in or on the body. Hydrogen Peroxide, for example is both a common disinfectant and a common antiseptic (used both on hard surfaces and the body to kill microorganisms.) Both a disinfectant and antibiotic describe the near identical process, but just a different application depending upon the treatment medium.

Antiseptics and disinfectants are both widely used to control infections. They kill microorganisms such as bacteria, viruses, and fungi using chemicals called biocides. Disinfectants are used to kill germs on nonliving surfaces. Antiseptics kill microorganisms on your skin

https://www.webmd.com/a-to-z-guides/difference-between-disinfectants-antiseptics

The ridiculous irony of you and others using misinformation in claiming Trump gave out misinformation is not lost on most of us. As I said in another post, there is at least one medical paper/study discussing the process of using a “disinfection” (the word used in the study) process to treat the human body. I posted a link here or on Facebook about 4 years ago.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Last I checked, he isn't charged with failing to recognize the election. He is charged with the criminal conduct arising from that perspective (including organizing fake electors and pressuring state officials to find him votes). You can't unring that bell.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  15. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    We’ve all seen this video.

This infamous video will never be anything but Trump having absolutely zero clue what he’s taking about. Not a hill to die on 3 years later.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    You certainly take extraordinary and irrational leaps to defend Trump.

Of course disinfectants kill viruses and bacteria. But they are used on the skin or on hard surfaces, and using too much even on the skin can cause harm. Link to a product or medical treatment that would commonly be referred to as a “disinfectant” to treat an active infection inside the body? Trump clearly talks about injecting disinfectants.

You can believe the man read some obscure study (even though he famously doesn’t read anything), I’ll stick with the more obvious idea that he was just grasping for *any* miracle cure to make himself look good, even fictional ones. When he riffs about “powerful UV light” I think his understanding of that extends to tanning booths and the sun, when he refers to “disinfectants” there is nothing else to go on. But when he says “disinfectants that knock it out in a minute” it pretty well gives away that he thinks it could work like simply spraying some Lysol or Clorox or swilling some Listerine, I.e. his concept actually was for the doctors to “look into” whether using those types of disinfectants inside the body or inside the lungs would work.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
  17. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007

• Funny Funny x 3
  18. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Even conceding that I may have misheard what he said, it was still obvious that Trump was referring to chemical disinfectants used to kill microbes on surfaces not anti-virals. Not matter how you try to spin he spoke out of ignorance.

19. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
  20. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    Esp. the people who are not in jail.