Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

CNN: Biden's "devastating" latest poll, could give Trump the White House.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 7, 2023.

1. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    duck, dodge and weave……as always.

at the end of the day, you hear what you want to hear, and base your opinions on that filtered information. Certainly not unique, but is very myopic nonetheless.

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    What are you talking about?

BS. I hear what I hear. Do you think I WANT to hear anything from or about Trump? It's all I hear nowadays on CNN, I don't even have to listen to FoxNews or NewsMax. It's all Trump this and Trump that. Just what I want to hear! This country is just going to hell. Thanks largely to one evil and rotten human being.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. chemgator

chemgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Uhhh, yes he did. When Alabama beat Florida for the SEC championship, did Tebow start demanding that the score be changed? Hell, no. He accepted the loss like a grownup.

When Mississippi State beat Florida, did any part of his speech after the game include an insistence that Florida actually won the game? He did not. He accepted the loss, again, like a grownup.

Sounds like you still have some growing up to do. Good luck with that.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  4. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    on the first issue, you didn’t answer my question. On the second issue, maybe I need to clarify. When I say you filter what you hear, I don’t necessarily mean by its source, I mean by your listening. You don’t like Trump, that is obvious. As a result, like many people, you only pay attention to the negative things said about him. On the other side of the spectrum, there are people who only listen to the positive things about him. That is part of society’s content overload. Most people don’t have the ability to not filter. There’s too much information coming at you at any given time. I do it too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    What was the question?

"People who only listen to the positive things about him" are people, I assume, who are listening to things Trump says about himself. And they damn sure won't hear anything negative. Take "I've done nothing wrong" (over and over). Boy, you can't get more positive than that!

6. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Your problem is you don’t understand how successful people become successful. If you think Tebow accepted second place by the conduct you describe above, you don’t know anything about success. There are many ways to be unacceptable of failure. In Tebow‘s case, he vowed to fight back harder. He vowed to work harder. He vowed to force the people around him to fight and work harder. He willed himself and his team to win the national championship that year. That is what leadership is about. You don’t take second place and just say “oh well.”

When the Gators lost that game to Ole Miss (not MSU), Tebow apologized. He blamed himself. He got angry. He got motivated. The people around him got motivated, then they went out every Saturday and committed horrific violence on groups of other men, humiliating most in the process. Tebow insured he took all necessary steps to insure victory.

Bottom line…successful people don’t take defeat and just go home, and leaders always inspire others to fight with them and for them.

Now, I don’t support violence, nor do I support criminal activity, and I did not vote for Trump because I supported different candidates. But I can recognize that Trump has some great leadership qualities by observing the people around him. If you can’t, then you don’t know what leadership is…..and I certainly don’t convict a man of criminal conduct without seeing both sides present their evidence and arguments. I’m an American.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  7. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    This one…
    You think Trump is the only one who talks positive about Trump? Have you seen the polls?

8. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    So what you were saying is, his secretary of state calling Trump a "moron" means nothing. I don't see the point of trying to convince you of something that is so obviously true. As an example, when Trump in a nationally televised press conference suggests using bleach as a treatment for Covid, you don't think that's moronic? Then I can't help you. Just keep dodging and weaving.

What the polls are saying is that there are people who will vote for Trump no matter what. Especially those who are members of a cult of personality and/or see authoritarianism or fascism in a positive light, and this country is crawling with such people.

• Winner Winner x 2
  9. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

He didnt post a meme. He posted a gif.;)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  10. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    so once again you can’t provide a simple response to a simple question. Let me make my position crystal clear:

no person is a moron because someone calls them a moron.

Do you agree, or disagree with that proclamation? Give a simple, one word answer.

as for the bleach comment by Trump, you are once again mistaken. This is likely because you watch too much late night TV. Trump never said anything about injecting bleach. He talked about research on the use of chemical disinfectants to kill the virus in the body. That doesn’t make him a moron, it just means he knows more about emerging science and medicine than you and Jay Leno do.

At the time Trump said that, there was at least one medical study either completed or in progress that involved the use or concept of “disinfectants” to treat human disease internally. Not bleach, lol. I don’t remember if it was related specifically to Covid or not. I’m sure there are plenty of doctors on this message board who can confirm the research or study of using some type of medical “disinfectant” to kill things such as viruses in body. Disinfectant is such a generic term.

I posted a link to at that study I found back when Trump said this and all the hullabaloo was being published. You can either find my link or look it up yourself. I have to do yard work at the instruction of the boss.

Last edited: Sep 10, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 2
  11. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    No, Trump is a moron.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    No, it's called "Damn I lost, what can I do better next time to win?!" Not, "lets create a sense of distrust in our democratic system because I wanted to win"!

• Winner Winner x 3
  13. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    are you referring to Al Gore and Hillary Clinton, or is your disdain focused solely on Trump? Asking for a friend. #hugs

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. FutureGatorMom

FutureGatorMom Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Neither one of them made it a mantra, gathered a few hundred or thousand people for a rally while the official count was being made, called a single election official to get them to over turn the vote in that state, or enlisted a single attorney to take it to not one court, but many (68??).
    No, instead they quickly conceded the election. That is American and that is how we do things. It's what they did, and it's NOT what trumph did. Any other questions?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Attempting to be funny. You missed the mark.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Nope you just don't have a sense of humor like most libbies

• Winner Winner x 1
  18. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    I am not a libbie. I am a fiscally conservative socially moderate independent. Calling me a libbie is about as accurate as calling you a fascist.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  19. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    Agree. Trump is not a moron because Tillerson called him one. Tillerson called him one because Trump is a moron.

No, it was Dr. Birx who watches too much late night TV. That's why she was trying to keep a straight face while the moron was talking and looked at her. She kept silent rather than call him a moron.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. cocodrilo

Apr 8, 2007
    BTW if the "disinfectant" thing is not considered by you as an example of stupidity, there are others. Like asking in a cabinet meeting if illegal immigrants couldn't just be shot down at the border. You know, shoot first and ask questions later (or not). Or stating on an international stage that his buddy Vladimir Putin had to be telling him the truth, all intelligence evidence to the contrary, because Putin told him it's the truth. To paraphrase a Sunday School song sung by six-year-olds, "Vlad is truthful, this I know, for Vladimir Putin tells me so."