Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

CNN: Biden's "devastating" latest poll, could give Trump the White House.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 7, 2023.

1. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The 2024 election, if it's Biden vs. Trump, will be a referendum on democracy, pure and simple. If America's voters choose Trump, they will deserve to lose their democracy and will have chosen to do so. The people know what's at stake and will have spoken.

The age question is kind of a red herring. Both are old men, and I'd be willing to wager that overall Biden is healthier than MAGA Man, who is too much overall.

I am as old as Biden. A lot of people worry whether Biden, if reelected, will live through a second term. I'm more concerned about whether I will live through a second term.

Last edited: Sep 20, 2023
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    All good points. I suspect many people think (whether fairly or correctly) that Biden is physically healthier but that Trump is cognitively the more spry of the two. Of course, I've never gotten the sense that public speaking comes as naturally to Biden as with some other politicians, particularly given his struggle with stuttering.

I didn't realize your age. I hope and trust you will be with us for a very long time! What's a bit interesting and counter-intuitive to me personally is that the folks I know in their 70s seem more negative about the advanced age of our leaders than I am. There are extremes of course, but all else equal, I feel like there's something to be said for experience and the wisdom that hopefully comes with it. I'm personally more concerned about the emergence of untested up-and-comers like Ramaswamy than I am with guys like Biden or Romney.

3. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Thanks. I plan to hang around as long as I can.

I certainly have some concern about how spry Biden is cognitively. Hell, I can walk into a room and have trouble remembering what I went there for. Hopefully Biden can at least find the Oval Office all right. The Secret Service can always point the way. As for Biden tumbling down the Air Force One steps etc., I'm reminded of the title of an old Warren Beatty movie, "All Fall Down." That can apply generally to old folks like Joe and me. We don't know how often Trump may fall, though I would think that any fall of his at Mar-a-Lago would register on Palm Beach County seismographs.

4. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Here in the real world where people don't pay attention to GOP skewed polls, the Dems won elections last night in Pennsylvania that let them keep control of the state house and another in New Hampshire by 12 in a +1 Trump district.

• Informative Informative x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    If I recall correctly Ford was very Milk toast plus I think he had a couple falls, Carter used the southern folksy to win people over. (coupled with Ford pardoning Nixon).

• Agree Agree x 1