Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Classified documents found in Biden’s old office and garage, and other office, and residence

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ursidman, Jan 9, 2023.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    I never attack normal rational people on TH, only the unhinged leftist wackos

• Like Like x 2
  3. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Stop with all these facts, you know that's sets them off

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
  5. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    It has been obfuscated but how many documents did Biden’s team find and turn over.

6. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    It's not uncommon for sensitive materials cases to be investigated. From this article dated from 2000:

It is impossible to know how often government employees take classified material home at night. Many agencies either do not compile, or refuse to release, statistics on security violations. But there are indications that the practice is far from rare. The State Department investigated 38 incidents last year, and Energy Department officials say security officers have looked into seven cases of unauthorized removal of sensitive information over the past 13 months.
    Most cases aren't publicized. And while military personnel are often punished, civilians either face little to no punishment as long as there was no bad intent, and full cooperation with the Feds.

• Funny Funny x 2
  7. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Ten files. That’s right ten. It doesn’t make it right but there is a difference in scale here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gatorbrian

gatorbrian Junior

Apr 3, 2007
    While that's the number offered by Biden, has it been verified or are we just taking his word for it? Also, not all classified docs are created equal and the quantity itself may be immaterial.

Other open questions (again, assuming that the reporting thus far has been accurate):
    • If Biden was "surprised" that they were in his office, who was authorized to relocate them on his behalf for six years?
    • Why were those specific docs being kept there, particularly the ones pertaining to Ukraine?
    • Why did donations from anonymous Chinese philanthropists exponentially grow after Biden became associated with it?
    • Is it common practice for federal lawyers to pack up office contents for their clients (even POTUS), when they happened upon the docs?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Ironically, probably yes. If you asked me to bet if Cheney had similar documents stashed somewhere, I'd probably guess he does.

But that's because most politicians including Presidents and Vice Presidents are stupid and/or jackasses, not because it's a good thing they do it, or that it's legal.

The point is, it looks like the enforcement standard suddenly changed with the Donald.

Last edited: Jan 11, 2023
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    #ImpeachandProsecuteJoeBiden

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The standard didn't change for Trump. Had Trump cooperated with the Feds and turned over all the docs without incident, we would never had heard about the story. But that's not what happened.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  12. jjgator55

jjgator55 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It was verified by the National Archives, not Biden.

• His legal team who acted responsibly. It’s not against the law to accidentally take documents if they’re returned. His legal team found them and immediately contacted the NA who wasn’t aware they were missing.
    • There’s no evidence there was anything specific about those documents as opposed to any others.
    • Why shouldn’t it? It comes across as racist to imply that it’s improper for someone of Asian decent to donate to various causes.
    I would say Trump would have been wise to follow Biden’s lead and used federal lawyers to review the thousands of documents he took. Instead he used his lawyers who tried to hide the documents, and fought the National Archives to keep the documents.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  13. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Didn’t Biden‘s team turn these over? Seems kinda weird to admit to having the documents in the first place but then lie about how many there were. Seems like if he was being dishonest he would have destroyed them or simply not turned them over.

• Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    If Trump was part of the establishment, and if he was "what a politician is supposed to be in the eyes of the right people" this would've never happened. That's what this is about.

Most investigations Trump-related are a case of LEOs following Trump around keeping an eye on him, then looking for a reason to get into this privacy-invading investigation that ends up coming up with embarrassing material, but not necessarily criminal material, and really not enough to prosecute.

I'm old enough to remember the hysteria over Trump's tax returns as though he was hiding something criminal. The fallout, he's not as rich as we thought he was and he pays Donald Jr. an allowance. I don't give a crap about that and no Republican should give a crap about that. We were promised criminality in the tax returns and that wasn't delivered.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  15. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    My understanding is that all of the documents in question have now been shipped to Mar-a-Lago for safekeeping.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Tell me you know nothing about the Trump MAL docs situation without saying you know nothing about the Trump MAL documents situation.

And btw, Trump's tax returns do show evidence of tax evasion. Whether it's prosecutable is another story.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. GatorFanCF

GatorFanCF Premium Member

Apr 14, 2007
    Hillary cooperation? Oh, yes, my faux pas:
    1. She used the Democrat approved bleach bit
    2. She used a union made hammer to destroy the physical evidence
    3. And, the bathroom the sensitive material was stored in complied with ADA standards.
    Why she’s a beacon of compliance that woman :rolleyes:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  18. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Let me guess, I bet you think Hillary poured bleach on her emails like Trump does.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    .....and then he proceeded to mention an "insurance policy", which, in retrospect, appears to have been a veiled reference to the bogus Steele dossier which undergirded all of the FISA apps for warrants.

So it appears they deployed the insurance after the fact, evidently reasoning if they couldn't prevent Trump's presidency, they could still wreck it.

DOJ: Two warrants letting FBI spy on ex-Trump aide Page were not valid

• Winner Winner x 1
  20. Gator715

Gator715 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 6, 2015
    Maybe I missed something, where is the evidence of tax evasion from Trump's tax returns?

• Like Like x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.