Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Charlie Christ Calls Ron DeSantis a Dictator

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Aug 26, 2022.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

I also mentioned the current White House or do you consider them fringe too? And I left the other party because their "platform" led by the orange buffoon was not accomplishing what I voted for.

Try again.

• Like Like x 1
  2. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007

It doesn't matter who the REP is that will run in 24, the far left will label that person "worse than trump". The left has done it with every candidate in the past 4 elections.

Also, weren't these same people the ones who were for lockdowns and school closures? Yeah, once you see how stupid those choices were, it's easy to ignore anything from those "folks".

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    So I guess we’ll wait for you guys to help us decide on a worthy pub candidate. Since you’re clearly smarter than half the country. You are a real piece of work.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. orangeblue_coop

orangeblue_coop GC Hall of Fame

Nov 19, 2016
    Ok cool. A few years from now no one is going to want to hear you groveling about how terrible a leader DeSantis is lol. Although I must give you credit for your acknowledgment that Trump was bad, that’s something a lot of folks don’t have the courage to do.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Since you ended your post with "We're pRoGrESsIvE" That is obviously your focus. What platform does DeSantis give you that allows you to ignore his punitive big government stance?

6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Tilly favors socialized healthcare and gun control. He's certainly not getting that from DeSantis. And Tilly wants to ban abortion, but he's not going to get that from DeSantis either. But what he is getting is DeSantis owning the pRoGrESsIvEs, and I guess that's the most important thing.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This is just more woke BS. It's not biblical and it is not historical. It is wokeism run amok by people like you who can't show they have a basic understanding of biology.

This is exactly why this crap can't be allowed in our schools and why parents are right to have stood up to the woke falsehoods being promoted to our children in the schools. It's a religion, a false religion, and it should be banned from all schools in all states just like other religions.

Again, thank you Governor DeSantis.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. WestCoastGator

WestCoastGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 12, 2007
    Here's a list of non-binary sexual development disorders.

9. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    How do you believe sex is defined biologically?

10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    How can you not see the human species exists with males and females? There is no it. What else said will it take for you to understand this simple fact of life as I already stated above?

11. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    If religions should be banned from all schools, what's the point of referencing the Bible here?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  12. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Which category do you put a person with a penis and ovaries? What about someone with XX chromosomes and testes? A person with ovaries and testes?

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Rare, so why is this a subject for our children?

Differences in sex development (DSD) is a group of rare conditions involving genes, hormones and reproductive organs, including genitals.

Seek help if you are of an age to know the difference, but it doesn't change the fact that you are either a male or a female. Anything beyond that is personal preference. Don't push your preferences in our schools. Leave the children alone!

Voting, drinking, driving, and military service all have minimum ages. Changing a child's sex can be done at any age and without consultation or parental permission in blue states. This is completely screwed up in the heads of people pushing this woke BS on society. It is evil to the core.

14. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    Actual biologists:
    Our Biology Is Not Binary
    Sex isn't binary, and we should stop acting like it is
    Opinion | Why Sex Is Not Binary (Published 2018)
    The Science of Biological Sex

• Informative Informative x 1
  15. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    See post 153.

16. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    So full of fail. Numerous times you and Desantis have been asked and FAILED to show where in Fl. this was taught in k-3. Zilch. As usual, high on rhetoric... zero evidence. Then. please elaborate how "It's not biblical and it is not historical." has ANY scientific bearing at all, since you brought up "have a basic understanding of biology." We'll wait.... but again probably uselessly. Sigh

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Rare is different from doesn't exist. Biologically, while rare, there are a couple hundred thousand people in the US who didn't fit the comforting binary definition of sex.

18. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    I would be quite happy if the Republican Party stopped leaning into anti-democratic and illiberal values. I don't expect the Republican Party to be progressive, just like I don't expect the Democratic Party to be conservative. But your MAGA party is acting insane. And Ron DeSantis is just as anti-democratic, illiberal, and extreme as the others.

But I fully expect you to continue to ignore that because he's the only alternative to Trump, and you badly want an excuse to vote for a Republican.

• Winner x 3
    • Like x 1
    • Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    is weaponizing the IRS to attack your political enemies a good thing

is relieving elected officials that don't agree with you a good thing

is trying to pass unconstitutional laws just to be shot down by the courts a good thing

is appointing unqualified judges to supreme court just because they agree with you a good thing

DeSantis is just as bad as Trump. People tried to tell you about DT and you dismissed them and now you are being told about DeSantis and turning a willful blind eye again

The reason we can't get moderate pubs with good governiship skill sis because moderate pubs continue to support radical pubs. You are part of the problem whether you want to realize it or not.

• Agree Agree x 4
  20. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    no, only the ones who want to pass unconstitutional laws, appoint unqualified judges, and weaponize the executive branch to punish those with opposing thoughts. you know, the ones that want to act like dictators with no respect for the rule of law

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1