Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Can this place too tone things down?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Jul 15, 2024.

1. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    If there is a comp to this guy, it's the Vegas shooter. If the Trump team keeps up with this "Democrats did it" nonsense it's going to backfire. Nobody with a brain (See: Swing Voters) is buying that. And everything that comes out about this kid seems to back that up.

2. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    I have never claimed to be exempt and most certainly have failures of my own to contend with. Anyone who participates in this hell hole is not above the fray, which is in large part what I have given considerable thought to the last few weeks. But in declaring I am "clearly a leftist" you are flat out wrong.

You should perhaps give more time and attention to your own intentions and motives.

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    You HONESTLY believe this? If this was the case, don't you think they would have picked a more competent shooter? Seriously, you're just throwing shit against the wall here. Honestly, as someone who wished he was a better shot, I pray you guys keep up this line of rhetoric because it's going to fail miserably. You think you can beat this already dead horse for 3.5 more months?

4. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    This is the failed mind of the true believer. Anyone that isn't in 100% lockstep with their pinhead beliefs is AUTOMATICALLY a card-carrying member of the "other team". These people couldn't grasp nuance if it was a Louisville slugger crashing into the bridge of their noses. Just completely lost and why I pray for some kind of "civil war" and the resulting military crackdown. These people - on both sides - just need to be culled from the population so the country can move forward.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    don't hold back, it isn't healthy

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  6. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    I apologize if you saw my post as judgmental. My post was directly given in response to the content of your posts. I am disappointed to hear that you are uninterested in thinking about how to town things down, but I will respect your wishes and not bother you about it again. Take care, ET.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Your prickly barbs are almost exclusively directed at Trump supporters. To be sure, I'll be on the lookout to see when and if you do chastise anyone on the left. I'll give you a thumbs up to let you know when I see it.

Insofar as "attention to your own intentions and motives," is that what you were doing in your response to 92gator? That's a funny way of showing it.

• Winner Winner x 1
  8. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    And you? Do you insult and flame?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Thank you. I do appreciate your caring about my wellbeing, but I can assure you I'm fine, well balanced, and happy.

What confounded me is that usually I have a ratio of close to 10 to 1 to deal with. I have seen it referred to by other conservatives here as a circle jerk so not coined by me. Unfortunately, I'm the one in the middle of the circle. It's these people who could use your good advice far more than me.

Last edited: Jul 16, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    This just sounds like you are giving yourself permission to believe whatever you want.

• Winner Winner x 1
  11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I speak my mind. Since you are on the left and cannot accept speech that differs from your own, it is the appearance of insulting and flaming due to your not liking a different view. That's your problem, not mine. Bottom line, what I do doesn't rise to insults and flaming. Do I get prickly from time to time, yep. Show me a poster here who doesn't.

And you? Do you insult and flame?

12. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Will I accept anything generated by Dictator Biden, Alexandro Mayorkas, Kim Cheadle, and the KGB, not a snowball's chance in hell!

13. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Being a mod doesn't mean you can't post your own opinions. Your moderating (editing, deleting ...) needs to be balanced. But your own posts don't have to be.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree and I like it. Lacuna gets on a high horse of judgment and usually against Trump supporters. I had no problem telling this to Lacuna, the fellow poster.

I don't hold any mod above the fray. Tilly started a horrible Trump bashing thread and has openly admitted to hating Trump. I well know your position as well concerning Trump and the republican party deserting you and you know I think you are wrong, but that's the way it goes. Lacuna gets too one-sided preachy, pushes up to the hypocritical line.

Bottom line, while disagreements do get heated, most of the time this place is fun to be around. When the election season comes and goes, I don't know if I'll be here much, lefties breathe a sigh of thank you, as I enjoy sports so much more and is the primary reason I have been coming to Gator Country since 1998.

• Winner Winner x 1
  15. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I'm all about Deep State/Pentagon Coup 2024. I even have a name for it: Special Executive Administration. Just appoint the executive for the next 4 years, seat the House and Senate as normal (purges of "certain individuals" notwithstanding) and do it again when these two idiots are under 6' of dirt. I have ZERO FAITH in anyone in our current political system to guide us through what may be one of if not the most crucial decade in our history. Military isn't perfect, but it's still somewhat merit and results based.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  16. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Oh, and you're "so" excepting of the opposition. Sorry dude, but you completely gave yourself away as a member of the flag-waving brigade with that second sentence. This is why nobody outside of your bubble takes you seriously. Rah! Rah! Go Team!!! And it goes no farther than that intellectually.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
  17. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    I thought the KGB (now FSB BTW) were the good guys? You know, Russia good. America bad. Mean 'ole NATO. Putin (and his FSB cronies) as the victim? Isn't that the MAGA pillow-biter point of view?

18. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Hmm, I'm insulted, but this can't be flaming even though it is a personal shot. Everyone on the left here does this like an afterthought, even up to circle jerking like this with others of like tainted minds.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's whatever you perceive it to be.

20. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    So in your opinion, everyone else is insulting and inflaming but you’re just “speaking your mind”?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1