Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Can this place too tone things down?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by gator34654, Jul 15, 2024.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. The kid has a "yet" undiscovered motive. You don't just pick up your daddy's gun, have bombs in a van with an Arizona license plate in Pennsylvania, and bomb making materials at home without forethought, a motive, maybe a patsy. Patsy is possible as he was allowed to shoot before being taken out by the sharp shooters. A dead patsy can't talk.

2. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I was referring to vulgar sign guy and the angry bird flippers.

Those ugly and aggrieved people are very much not “the other side of the sane coin” from me. If you, Mr. 2000 mules guy, want to throw your lot in with that irrationality, then you do you boo.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  3. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007

This was you in that very post:

"...Even though that guy is just one individual, I think that’s still the general tenor of Trumps base. Even right at the scene of the shooting, you may have noticed some in the crowd turning around and flipping off the cameras for… reasons. ...."

You took the one anecdote, and projected it unto Trump's base in general--because that IS how you think--Mr. "Covid came from a magic bat shitting at on a wet market (only coinkdinly in the back yard of the Chicom's viroweapnos lab in Wuhan)" guy.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gaterzfan

gaterzfan GC Hall of Fame

Feb 6, 2020
    This thread made me think of this song:

• Like Like x 1
  5. SotaGator

SotaGator Junior

Apr 4, 2014
    COOL! 10 Years After and Alvin Lee. Fastest Guitarist in the West on the Gibson 335.

• Like Like x 1
  6. gatorpa

gatorpa GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2010
    East Coast of FL
    Sorry Bling I see just as many posts on social media from “highly educated” people about Trump voters from day one.

I did see the crowd members flipping off the cameras and really wasn’t sure why, it was disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    So you think somebody else planned to find a guy who is a notoriously bad shooter and then make a patsy out of him?

8. danmanne65

danmanne65 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 2, 2022
    DeLand
    Truly seemed to be a suicide by cop situation. I keep waiting for a manifesto of some sort to come out but don’t think we are getting one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Depressing stuff ET. I also think it misunderstands the goal, which isn’t for us all to like the same thing. I frankly think there are very good reasons to reject Trump as a candidate, and you think the same of Biden. Why is that a problem? My wife and I disagree on whether Little Shop of Horrors is a good movie (it is!), but we still don’t see fit to call each other gross names like “circle jerkers”.

I think we’ve gotten our wires crossed seeing these politicians as family and feeling for them as such. Trump isn’t your family, and it should not draw you to anger to see someone claim that he doesn’t have high respect for the constitution. Either the claim is baseless, in which case it doesn’t deserve any emotion, or it’s reasonable, and therefore something you can learn from.

I know these politicians and parties play on our emotions, which can be difficult to resist, but imagine another ET who doesn’t read the news or know anything about national politics (or better yet become this person for a week). What is different about that ET’s life? What meaningful parts of your existence is he really giving up? And what meaningful parts of his life might you be giving up? If we are honest, I think we’ll agree that this potential life with actual friends and family, fishing, dinners, biking, movies, checkers, etc. is the fulfilling one, and much less healthy is this life where we get upset at strangers on the internet for saying something that might be true about a person we have never met.

Maybe you are right that it isn’t possible for you to give up your personal investment in politics, but it sure as hell seems like a goal worth fighting for to find out. I’ll be rooting for you, ET.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Biden can't make it one day. See the video interview of Biden on NBC News with Lester Holt. He has no stop button for his hate of Trump and 1/2 of the country.

I give Biden credit, he gave RFK Jr. a secret service detail and a bullet proof convertible for transportation, supposedly beefed-up Trump's detail which I read was whittled down for protection of Jill Biden. I'll believe both when I see it. I don't think we've seen our last assassination attempt.

Desperate democrats will resort to desperate measures, maybe even starting foreign wars. I'll be praying for the United States to be able to survive intact until Biden leaves office.

• Like Like x 1
  11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I think attitudes and decisions in government provided for the situation that allowed the patsy. It was just a matter of time and the right patsy to show up.

Fact, we now know the shooter was known about and was a concern 30 minutes before Trump spoke and he was allowed to shoot before being fired upon resulting in Trump's wound, a killing, and two in the hospital still fighting for their lives. What do you call this, besides incompetence?

One thing is certain, there will be more investigations than the FBI investigation and the "independent" investigation ordered by Biden.

12. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    You’re just disappointed it was a gun nut who was a member of a local gun range who flipped out and used his 2A rights to shoot the ex-president. You all looking for liberal conspiracies can circle jerk away.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    This is what I mean, ET. My post was about you. Your response was about Biden. You are consumed with people hundreds of miles away at the expense of the here and now. I like to take the counsel of Marcus Aurelius and I think it would be good for you too:

“Stop whatever you're doing for a moment and ask yourself: Am I afraid of death because I won't be able to do this anymore?”

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    What country do we live in again? We still have no clue about the motivation for lots of shootings. Why did the guy in Vegas do what he did? No one knows, years later.

15. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    They are just so mad they want to fight the world. But the world always wins. Always.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    What goes around comes around. You're not exempt.

17. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You don't know me to be giving unsolicited personal advice.

We have tons of lefties here so you should be very busy here giving them your advice for their personal lives.

Even moderators here can't help themselves. I had Dictator Biden and KGB edited out of a post in the Judge Cannon dismisses the case thread as it is inflammatory to the left. I'm not going to argue with the mod who did this, it's against the rules, but in the same thread on the same page as I recall, a poster put the most disgusting and inflammatory pictures up on Trump, inflammatory to me and any Trump supporter. I reported as inflammatory based on my experience of being edited. What do you think happened? Zippity Do Da, the inflammatory pictures were still up this morning. Trump was also called a POS POTUS by the same poster, has been called far worse here with no editing. Yet here I sit with words I intend to use in the future whether lefties like it or not, Dictator Biden and KGB.

Do yourself a favor and work on these lefties who can't get around their all-consuming hatred of Trump. They have that in common with Dictator Biden.

• Winner Winner x 2
  18. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Neither are you, clearly a leftist who only thinks oneself to be above the fray. Just because you insult and inflame in a flowery way, that doesn't make your vitriol one drop less than the worst lefties spewing hatred at Trump and Trump supporters.

• Winner Winner x 2
  19. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If he has been radicalized by Dictator Biden and his administration, we'll never know. Do you think congressional hearings will ever get access to the shooters cell phone and laptop? No, me either. Bottom line, this government cannot be trusted by any fair minded American. I think the polls, besides Biden's age, are showing just that.

20. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    I want to see the results of the doctor's examination of Trump's ear and any other wounds.

No bandage the next day but a Kotex pad on his ear at the convention.

• Off-topic Off-topic x 1