Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Can someone explain what she said?

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by TheGator, Oct 23, 2024 at 2:45 AM.

1. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    But she wasn't replaced on the ticket prior to Biden's withdrawal. Seems to me "they" found their comfort.

A party could never nominate a candidate if unanimity was required.

2. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    The "They" Conspiracy huh? Good one. Let me know who "They" is.
    I agree. She is a coin flip from the Presidency with half the country thinking this great economy sucks. Her approval numbers are better than Donald's, up over 50% from low numbers before. The way she got her message out in no time at all is to be respected - win or lose.
    No man who was DA, Attorney General, Senator, and VP has ever been accused of not being "qualified". Check your prejudice at the door - SHE is very qualified. Biden did terrible in his runs at the WH and as VP was dead last until he got a key endorsement by Clyburn in South Carolina - then rose to greatness like our economy did under him. Leaders dont chose their challenges, they respond to them. She has responded outstandingly. Could she be better at stuff, sure.
    Donald Trump is her opponent. A wet noodle of shifting nonsense. Harris supporters are 10,000% sure she is a better option. Her approval numbers are way higher than Trump's. Good fight, win or lose. Hillary didnt do nearly as well campaigning - IMO.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  3. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Aaaarrrrmmmmyyyy training sir!

4. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Congratulations on being a doctor of law. That is an admirable achievement that certainly takes a lot of effort and smarts.

And you're really using the results of that undertaking to defend the most vile, corrupt and criminal person in modern American politics?

You're clearly an expert on the Constitution and law....and you're really trying to split hairs to defend a guy that coerced elected officials to "find votes", who established fake slates of electors, who knowingly told lies intended to disrupt the election process?

Fascinating. You're (at least here) in service to the most un-American politician in, well, probably in history.

All I can surmise is that someone who would train in such a manner, then by all appearances have so little regard for the framework and system they trained to be a part of.....only ever intended to be an agent of destruction to that system. Why else be beholden to someone who actively destroys it?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    You’re correct that no candidate could be nominated if unanimity was required.

When Biden dropped out the Democratic Party leaders had a choice. Do they open up the nomination for an open, contentious public fight, or do they just go with Harris, who’s in place as VP?

My speculation is that they went with the latter and decided they would just try to make it work. They would sell her as not Trump and hope that’s enough.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    And why wasn’t she running when the vote started? Because her campaign could not get even minimal traction.

The 844 number came from Wikipedia. It says she received 715 votes in Arkansas and 129 in New Hampshire.

Results of the 2020 Democratic Party presidential primaries - Wikipedia

7. gator_jo

gator_jo GC Legend

Aug 9, 2024
    Who cares. She's not a criminal. She didn't enact a criminal conspiracy to overturn an election. She's not guilty of sexual assault, and most likely rape.

8. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So you equated the entire primary with 2 states both contested well after she dropped out (in which she couldn't remove her name but which she wasn't contesting)? Do you think that is a reasonable assessment of her overall performance?

Regardless, she did gain traction. The issue is that she couldn't keep it as she ran out of money. A lot of her natural fundraisers were largely not backing candidates in that primary, as they wanted to see who would emerge opposite Bernie, as they wanted the strongest candidate to take on Trump. Basically, she ran out of money before Buttigieg, Biden, and Klobuchar. So those three got to compete for the spot opposite Bernie.

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    That she clearly possesses the inability to speak like a normal human being or anything resembling a normal human being should be very concerning to everyone. Back to my point about researching the background on “word salads.” The different accents depending on which part of the country she’s in. How about she truly believes she is all of those persons? She presents as borderline schizophrenic. I almost feel bad talking about it. You can see it. She really believes she’s a moderate Democrat now. Maybe I’m letting her off the hook too easy? I don’t know, but she displays many traits of a paranoid schizophrenic.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. magnetofsnatch

magnetofsnatch Rudy Ray Moore’s Idol Premium Member

Apr 10, 2020
    North Florida
    What if you have multiple UF degrees? Can I only forfeit one? I need some guidelines here.

11. pkaib01

pkaib01 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    When Biden dropped out, the Democratic Party leaders faced a choice: proceed with a fresh, contentious primary process or allow the delegates to select the nominee. It's important to understand that what happened was fully in line with party rules. Holding another round of primaries would have required a special act beyond the typical procedure.

In the primary process, voters elect delegates to represent their interests. The delegates supporting Biden after his primary win were subsequently released by him. At that point, those delegates were free to choose anyone, and they decided on Harris. This choice reflected Biden's own alignment with Harris, demonstrated by selecting her as his running mate in the first place.

The reality is that Harris was able to get the votes of the delegates who were not compelled by party rule to give them.