Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

**Buzz Buzz Buzz** - What are we even Doering?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 16, 2024.

Were you here for The Thread?

This poll will close on Jan 24, 2025 at 7:00 AM.
  1. Yes. I get this thread. I lived through page 136

143 vote(s)
    88.3%
  2. No. I have no idea what is going on. This place is weird.

19 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    All I said was that there was a coach who did it.
    There may be more- I have no idea. I dont' follow this stuff that closely outside the Gators.
    I didn't say they were equivalent or even compare them.
    Agree on your words about Spurrier- so few people know what an amazing high character guy he is- and has shown over and over.

Go back to him turning over the Heisman to his school- the first one to ever do it.
    Then about him unretiring his own number, and refusing to let the school paint his number on the stadium wall.
    And then walking away from the REdskins and USCe...
    It goes on and on. "Harder right over an easier wrong." You said it. Perfectly put.

• Like Like x 5
  2. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

While I gather some here find his internet antics amusing, I am pretty sure that stuff will get him in hot water if he comes to UF. The news media is all over us and blast UF and our coaches for every little thing. His schtick will not play well here.

And there are his past antics, which will undoubtedly come up as well.

Besides, he isn't exactly setting the world on fire this year. His first four wins came against Furman, Middle Tennessee, Wake Forest and Georgia Southern. Hell, Napier could beat them

He then lost 2 of the next 3 SEC games, losing to Kentucky, and LSU, but beating USCe.

His schedule gets tougher and more beatdowns are on the way.

This is our savior?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    The fact that he hasn't been fired now doesn't mean approval by higher ups. The only way he saves his job is finishing with a winning season and it ain't gonna happen. I'm convinced he will be let go at the end of the season for various reasons stated earlier in this post. To think 3 consecutive losing seasons, abysmal record verses our rivals and a horrid record on away games is going to cut it, one would be very wrong

Last edited by a moderator: Oct 14, 2024 at 7:27 PM
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    But he has SwAgGgEr!

5. 96Gatorcise

96Gatorcise GC Hall of Fame

Aug 6, 2008
    Tampa
    Anyone thinking he's not going to take the full buyout is delusional. That's generational money for his family.

• Agree Agree x 6
  6. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    they have a right to criticize Beamer - for being 0-2 vs Billy. The only SEC coach to go 0-2 vs him.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  7. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007

My only contrarian comment on this…in most scenarios where a coach or player has left a team in the middle of a season they have called him a quitter, not a high character guy. Some National media ripped him pretty good. (See below).

Steve Spurrier did the unthinkable: He quit on his team | Sporting News

He did take the blame for south Carolina playing poorly but…resigning mid season isn’t always seen as doing the right thing.

all your other points I agree with. I’m not sure why this thread even has anything about Spurrier in it. Maybe it helps us get up the page count?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Yea
    That's his 27 year old GF

10. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

#18 Kansas State just dumped the Neon Buffaloes. Chris Klieman deserves a serious look, and it should be easy to lure anybody out of Kansas

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Guy is still a douche

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019

He looks dejected in this clip. I'll say this, as much as I've piled on lately I don't enjoy it. This guy doesn't look like a guy checked out smiling after losses like Mac or Mullen. Yes he has generational wealth now but the guy wants success as a coach and he is failing despite his efforts. Apparently Dooley claims he hasn't lost the lockeroom yet either.

With that said, I personally have some vitriol over failing to give up the play calling duties while also claiming he studied the past failures of prior coaches. If he did the 2nd part he would know he had to get this right this year and focus on the program not try to be a game caller at the same time.

• Agree Agree x 5
  13. gainesvillegreen44

gainesvillegreen44 GC Legend

Nov 5, 2015
    Omnipresent
    Just the talent Kiffen will get ALONE will make up for some coaching deficits/ which btw are NEGLIGIBLE compared to cbn. Kids wanna play in his system and wanna play for him. Anyone who doesn’t think he wins 10 a year here is a dolt

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I have no problem with him taking his buyout, that’s what it’s for. I also had admiration for spurrier leaving the bag on the table when he quit. Napier hasn’t quit though.

• Like Like x 2
  15. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    It's not his fault or responsibility that we signed a bad deal. It's a contract signed in good faith, though in hindsight one side has gotten the enormously better end of the deal. The message for me concerning how this buyout plays out isn't "is Napier a stand up guy" but "will we make better buyout decisions on future contracts?"

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  16. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    Damn, man, it's bad enough when rivals use that bullcrap against us.

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Obviously the problem wasn't primarily the personnel.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  18. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    To this day I’ve never seen a Gator fan in jorts.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. filamg8torfan

filamg8torfan GC Hall of Fame

Mar 17, 2019
    Most people here already have Kiffin pegged as the main target. I did mention Day in my list. Didn't know about the K State coach. Who else they should call?

20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Yet he’s
    already made generational wealth.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1