Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

**Buzz Buzz Buzz** - What are we even Doering?

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 16, 2024.

Were you here for The Thread?

This poll will close on Jan 24, 2025 at 7:00 AM.
  1. Yes. I get this thread. I lived through page 136

143 vote(s)
    88.3%
  2. No. I have no idea what is going on. This place is weird.

19 vote(s)
    11.7%
  1. gbranton

gbranton GC Legend

In my opinion they should have gotten the death penalty. For me anything less is a slap on the wrist. I root for them to lose every game they play until the end of time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  2. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

You and I will just have to disagree on this one. I have no use for flopping and faking injuries. Take a little extra time getting to your feet, sure. Danny used to get up slow every down so it wouldn’t be obvious if he was hurt. But flop and fake an injury? That’s straight out of the douche bag handbook.

And if one more person tries to draw parallels between Kiffy and our legendary hero Steve Spurrier I’m gonna hurl. Spurrier won and lost with dignity. Lots of people hated him but in no way was he ever referred to as a douchebag. Asshole yes. Evil Genius yes. A douche? No way in hell. To imply that is a giant disservice to Steve Spurrier. In fact, it’s an insult

Last edited: Oct 4, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. SewaneeGator

SewaneeGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You weren't the only one to feel thst way.

• Agree Agree x 4
  4. WindoverG8tr

WindoverG8tr GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yep he's a sometimes a d-bag but win a championship and he's our d-bag. Within the rules of the game just like scoring when you already have the game in hand. The other team thinks your a jerk, but it helps your team so you score again. The whole league can hate you because you rang up 50+ points on a team with no chance, but you don't care -your fans don't care what the rest of the league thinks. Your coach asks what the most points ever scored in this stadium? I say good question coach LET"S GO!

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  5. Claygator

Claygator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Our rivals hated Spurrier because he kicked their asses and they couldn't stand that, or the fact that UF was kicking their asses. Cocky yes, douchy never.

They hated Meyer for the same reason, and he wasn't even very cocky.

As for Spurrier telling Danny to do the things you allude to that Kiffin does, guess what? He never did, but Kiffin does. Big difference.

I see zero similarities between Spurrier and Kiffin.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  6. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Two totally different issues. I have no problem with running up the score. Spurrier justified it by explaining that the backups have family and friends in the stands too and they should be able to do more than just take a handoff and run off tackle. And most times we ran up the score it wasn’t all with starters. I think it was Schottenheimer who threw the TD pass that put us up by ‘half a hundred’ in Athens.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

^ This

8. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Maaan I agree with everything except the Meyer wasn't cocky part. I was in Salt Lake city for both of his years and the transition was not popular at first in no small part because of his cockiness. They learned to like it obviously.

I moved back to Florida in 05 and a few highschool coaches I know hated him right off the bat. Meyer was very cocky. So was spurrier but in a different way.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    That's one whopper of an "if." I realize it was just a hypothetical, but SoS simply would never do that. He's too much of a staunch rules/fairness advocate. To your point, though, I'm of a mindset that flopping should have no place in the game of football. It's garbage, imo, and yet another reason I have no interest in LK as coach at my alma mater.

10. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Skink. I literally know rival fans that called Spurs a DB. 100% happened.

People hurl all kinds of stuff.

Totally understand your opinion irt flopping. I dont feel the same, but I get the sentiment.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Cktownsend27

Cktownsend27 Sophomore

Feb 3, 2016

12. Cktownsend27

Cktownsend27 Sophomore

Feb 3, 2016
    I agree, I would fake injuries to slow down Tennessee's hurry up offense. It is unfair , sometimes trying to get the right personell into the game and line up correctly.

• Like Like x 1
  13. TrueGator

TrueGator GC Hall of Fame

Nov 11, 2014
    And, if he does commit, and then decommits, we will have to respect his decision.

• Funny Funny x 3
  14. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Watson will either never get on the field, or, get stuck and never get off the field for the whole TN drive in full uptempo.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Yep, we are always looking for the new guy to be the anti-old-guy. That's why we keep thrashing back and forth.

• Agree Agree x 3
  16. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

You guys are missing my point. The similarities are found in how rival fans hate them.

You think the UT/Citrus quip by Spurrier didnt have people in Knoxville calling him a douche?

You think UGA fans didn't think Urban calling all our timeouts was a douche move?

Heck UK fans were saying it when he was at USCe:
    Spurrier = Supreme Loser

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  17. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    Comedic talents would not be on my checklist for a new head coach.

18. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    The best part was that Spurrier did all that on purpose to get under his opponent's skin. It usually worked.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. CHFG8R

CHFG8R GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    St. Augustine, FL
    Just so you know what total DB's the rest of the SEC are, they would whine simply because we dared to throw with a lead. Just throwing at all when leading was seen and called out as "classless" by our redneck friends. Say what you want, but the SEC is what it is today because of SOS. Literally dragged them all (save for UT) out of their double TE sets and 52 defenses kicking and screaming.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. TrueGator

Nov 11, 2014
    I've never looked at IMG kids as locals, and, most of them don't care where they have to go to get a job. They're like the kid who suddenly "lived with his grandmother" and showed up to register in the state champion's school district overnight. Just on a grand scale.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1