Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

**Buzz Buzz Buzz** - Temperature Stoops to a new low, but Kirb(y)ed enthusiasm is still wise.

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 16, 2024.

Were you here for The Thread?

This poll will close on Jan 24, 2025 at 7:00 AM.
  1. Yes. I get this thread. I lived through page 136

155 vote(s)
    86.6%
  2. No. I have no idea what is going on. This place is weird.

24 vote(s)
    13.4%
  1. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    L as
    That’s the point. Those are the teams we should be on par with. Collectively Billy has been at UF longer than the average tenure at those schools, and those schools were all dumpster fires. Billy should not be so far behind that tier

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    UCF and MSU are two of the worst P5 teams in the nation. They are at the bottom of their conference. Those teams stink. It means we beat teams nearly every other P5 team will beat. I’m thrilled we aren’t at the absolute bottom but that’s nothing to be proud of

3. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    Miami- 3rd year coached team blew out florida at home.

aTm- first year coach for a team that lost 6 games last year and a backup qb blew out florida at home.

Tennessee- 4th year coach that went 7-6, 11-2, 9-4 and is currently 6-1. Florida coaching error cost 3 points at a minimum which could have been the difference in the game.

How is this not pertinent? You and others claim its negativity and spin. There isn't anything to spin. Are recruits who decommit being negative because they haven't seen enough improvement?

And citing these facts doesn't mean people aren't hoping we somehow break the trends we've seen and change the narrative. We just know it's a hope that Napier and the team become something they haven't shown to be able to do yet. We aren't rooting against him. I hope he proves everyone wrong. Outside of cignetti and maybe one other, don't see anyone that looks up to the challenge of reinvigorating this program.

Respectfully, we went over this with Mike White over the years as well. Class act. Dealt with incredibly bad injury luck. Was totally behind him probably until the year after the Duke game choke when i realized he was what he was. Former staunch supporters were called negative and while there were certainly the usual negative nellies relatively early on, most had supporter him until the data was too much against doing so. Now we are looking Golden.

Miami was Napier's Duke game for me. Not that I'm fire Napier or bust but at this point but he has to put win some games going forward. That's all.

Last edited: Oct 26, 2024 at 6:06 PM
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Seriously? As if you are objective. :rolleyes:

You are quick to complain when people give you bacon instead of responding to your posts. I give you an honest and accurate response and you are whining about it. You brought up the 3 teams as examples that I referenced, not me. If you want an echo chamber for your posts you are in the wrong place. Be better.

Maybe if Napier had more wins there would be far less negativity. In fact after the KY win that has been the case. If he beats Georgia, I will be happy to give him credit.

5. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Is there some type of commission that you are paid every time you post this?

• Funny Funny x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. 62gator

62gator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 4, 2007
    Tampa, FL
    Curt Cignetti is the coaching story of the year, bar none. The subtle sniping of him here is laughable. No, I’m not crowning him as the next Nick Saban. What he’s done at Indiana in just year 1 is remarkable, understatement. Spin the schedule nonsense all you want. It’s In-di-ana, B1G doormat. He has an Urban-like resume, no he’s not Urban either. He started as a HC at a small program and has progressively moved up levels. He’s been very successful at all stops now. This after being on Nick’s staff at Alabama. I firmly believe this without hesitation, he would not go 5-7 at UF this season. If there’s an opening here this year, I just hope Cignetti gets serious consideration and vetting.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. murphree_hall

murphree_hall VIP Member

Jul 11, 2019
    We are simply having a discussion. Not sure why you are getting so upset. I disagree on the accuracy of your response, but that’s just my opinion.

8. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Vandy looking pretty sporty.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Its the bigger job but job security and hap may be better elsewhere. If you want a dhot at winning or getting fired, UF is far superior.