Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Bryant Chooses Canes

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jul 27, 2022.

1. GatorGhost

GatorGhost GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Guys, let's not forget Miami wasn't trending until they won a very public bidding war (JR) and got the reputation of outbidding anyone. They started this last cycle and even then had trouble getting recruits to choose them, until a big QB took the bait, plus the fact recruits right now don't care if accused of going to a lesser school for money.
    At the same time, top recruits that raved about UF, the staff, and couldn't get enough of Gville suddenly had us finishing 2nd, saying we weren't playing the NIL game, etc.

There's no magic recruiting spell Cristobal learned (or BN forgot) in that time, it's 99% top bid, signed deal and cash advance, going against billionaires that know it's a losing investment. We're doing REALLY WELL with the guys in our price range that are also mature enough to trust they'll get their deal whenever the paper rules say they can.

I don't agree with our philosophy but at least I understand it and still support the staff. I believe we're already half-way cheating and going all the way won't make a difference, that the prices will not regulate themselves for years until forced and would love to have boosters that could outbid for some of the top guys at a financial loss.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 4
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    You definitely don’t owe me. Recruiting is fluid. After this weekend we could be ranked 30th, or ranked 10th. And nothing will have changed with our coaches or their recruiting plan

3. GameTime1

GameTime1 GC Legend

Jul 27, 2015
    Are you saying you trust those boards more than ours? Why would a Gator fan do that? Post less, read more, find those who you believe.

4. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I don’t go to other school’s boards.

5. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    Of course you will. They are just like my Brother who has his head buried in his posterior region about Bama winning legitimately.

• Funny Funny x 2
  6. antny1

antny1 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2019
    There are a few people who will never believe that stuff happened or happens despite all the smoke and evidence. Jimbo admits it happened. Tennessee caught red handed multiple times now. Al Betar at Bama. Miami's titles were all documented cheating. Hell, Pruitt's wife who is accused of paying recruits was a compliance person at FSU. Pell learned from Bryant yet florida got nailed. Etc etc etc

For some it's easier to complain about florida and the coaching staff though. One thing that resonated with me was Napiers comment about Rashadas recruitment at the SEC Media Days where he openly states that we stayed true to our values during the recruitment. That is not a flippant or casual statement to make publicly considering the implications in my opinion.

• Like x 5
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Winner x 3
    • Agree x 1
    • Come On Man x 1
  7. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    If you ain’t cheating, you ain’t trying isn’t a saying for no reason.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    You're what my Limey Great Grandmother would have called "a big naughty thing." Don't ask how I became thoroughly familiar with the expression.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. nawlinsgator

nawlinsgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    Top kids go where the money is. Nothings changed.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    There's nothing new under the Son.

11. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    JR QBd team just lost to a team with an 8th grade Qb. Embarrassing. Already looking like a million dollar NIL bust.

• Like Like x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  12. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I guess time will tell

• Agree Agree x 3
  13. gator10

gator10 GC Legend

Nov 23, 2015
    Not true. Under Mullen, he always had about 1/2 the class being 3 stars right up until a few weeks before signing day then he would take several risky 4 stars to try and make the class look better. So many of those guys never even made it to campus. Also, so many of the 3 stars never made it on the field. If Napier finishes with adding 1 or 2 5 stars like Pemba and McClain this will be a whale of a class and a huge improvement.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. eastowest

eastowest GC Hall of Fame

May 13, 2007
    Relationships
    Product on the field
    Iron out the NIL issues
    Billy will have us rolling

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I'm no expert on much of anything, but it sure "feels" different to me - different as in not mired in the "high average" range with no hope of "excellent" in sight. Me likey.

• Like Like x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. kryptonite

kryptonite GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2008
    Mostly, but we overstate a bit. The 2020 class was a decent class that we will rely heavily on this year.

Some of the takes in this thread were really over the top. We are on track to get as many blue chips as the historic class of 2010.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  17. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    I'm acquainted with the saying, but I am ABSOLUTELY OPPOSED to participating in Miami's diabolical schemes!!! There's NOTHING to be gained in ridiculous bidding wars! Let the Miami's, Alabama's, Auburn's, Georgia's BUY championships, but I believe Napier operates by a different moral standard! I am not saying player's should not be paid anything, but when it becomes more about money it's EFFING CORRUPT!!!!!

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  18. ncgator015

ncgator015 Senior

Jun 23, 2022
    Lane said....."It's now legalized cheating".

Yep.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  19. doctorg8r

doctorg8r GC Hall of Fame

Dec 11, 2018
    Special thanks to Gator Nation for allowing me to vent my spleen. I don't like where things are headed in college football but it merely reflects the degradation of society in general!!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    It’s been currupt forever. This shouldn’t be so shiocking, it’s been the norm.

• Like Like x 1