Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Breaking: School shooting with multiple fatalities in Georgia.

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by tilly, Sep 4, 2024.

1. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

Love that.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. tilly

Ok. I hate to defend them, but what a misrepresentation.

He clearly says that the "fact of life" is that "psychos" see our schools are soft targets.

My guess is that you agree...
    But we just clip and post as per team orders

• Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  3. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    I don’t know, seems like guns are a common factor in mass shootings. Why aren’t we starting there? Especially when mental illness is prevalent all over the world but this problem only exists here.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    We do we have so much more mental illness than the rest of the developed world?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  5. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    You're 100% correct here. But here's a question that IMO seems pretty valid;

"They" lie about everything to the point that it is essentially no less than institutional lying - an organization which has to parrot the lies of Trump, from each individual up to all levels of leadership. They lie with AI, they encourage Russia to lie on their behalf, they lie about elections. They attack our democracy with lies on a scale that's never before been imagined except maybe outside of....a past European country or two. They can't even keep track of their lies!

And it seems acceptable to half the country. It's certainly tolerated by our judicial system. Pretty much forgotten about after the fact.

So why wouldn't a poster misrepresent, such as where you highlight? It's almost a quaint bit of old-fashioned political mischief compared to its political opposite.

6. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    We have more curly hair than most nations in the world also. In 8-10 years we just might need 15-20 years to explore whether or not that is the problem.

(but don't look at the guns!!!)

7. AndyGator

AndyGator VIP Member

Apr 10, 2007
    It's a shrug your shoulders nothing-one-can-do-about-it cavalier attitude. He totally deserves to be roasted, as does Trump and the Republican party. THAT is the point.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Posted by a teacher from the school:

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  9. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Maga leaders are scared to even discuss ideas on guns other than literally praise the ar15.

My biggest takeaway are his claims Harris wants to take our guns which seems like a ridiculous exaggeration. That’s a prime example of scare tactics nra/maga/gun nuts use:

“Gee I don’t want the ATF kicking in my door, we better push back on anything that might curtail very easy access to assault weapons to virtually everyone, even if they are used in mass shootings of children. In fact, let’s encourage acquiring AR15s as a way to “own the libs”.

Last edited: Sep 6, 2024
  10. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    There was similar concern with trump. 2 Days after a school shooting trump told Iowans “have to get over it”

“I want to send our support and our deepest sympathies to the victims and families touched by the terrible school shooting yesterday in Perry, Iowa, It’s just horrible, so surprising to see it here. But have to get over it, we have to move forward,”

Trump tells supporters 'we have to get over it' after Iowa school shooting

11. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I just drove through Andrew Clyde’s district in N. GA and the most prominent image on his yard sign is the silhouette of an AR15.

• Informative Informative x 1
  12. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    According to J.D. Vance, these shootings are a fact of life that we have to live with.

13. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    There are times when the role of our leaders is to aid and lend comfort to a nation in pain. After the Challenger space shuttle tragedy did Reagan give a speech about how complicated the shuttles were and that these type of disasters were inevitable? No, he gave one of the best speeches ever given by an American president. Here, in case you have forgotten.:

Vance is a tone deaf idiot. The man can't even order donuts in a donut shop. And now this is how that man offers comfort to a nation who has just seen more of its children murdered in cold blood at what should be a safe haven for every child in this country...their schools?

Maybe you just have listened to the other asshole for so long you are numb to what these people are saying.

He deserves everything that's coming to him and more for that garbage.

Or maybe I just don't get it.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  14. OklahomaGator

OklahomaGator Jedi Administrator Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Reagan was the Great Communicator. Thanks for sharing that speech.

15. GatorJMDZ

GatorJMDZ gatorjack VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007

The second of the two Warrington bombings, the one near Mothers Day 1993 as two children went to the store to buy Mother's Day cards and were killed by an IRA bomb. 2 children killed, 56 people injured.

RIP, Dolores.

16. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I agree that it’s overblown in that regard. The problem with his statement is that he doesn’t address the underlying causes and went straight to hardening targets. That was incredibly tone deaf but par for the course for Vance.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Didn’t even make it a week. Another student was shot and killed today in Joppatowne, MD.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. tilly

See, this is where people mock those of us that say both sides. So to be clear, my calling out one persons misrepresentation isnt a a defense of someone elses worse one.

19. tilly

Valid points.

20. gator_jo

gator_jo All American

Aug 9, 2024
    Yeah for sure. But we have a side that actively embraces deceptive artificial intelligence misinformation, and interference in elections from foreign adversaries. And institutionally lying for a criminal.

My point is; there can hardly be a lower low. It's hard to see what the Democrats could do to match this un-American conduct. It's hard to care if they tried.