Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Border Wall

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Oct 5, 2023.

1. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    What are we doing differently at the border now vs years past?
    Answer: nothing
    There are more crossing because there are more coming because condotions in their home countries have deteriorated so bad.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  2. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The wall in Israel corresponds with a decline in terrorist attacks. However, correlation doesn't mean causation. And as for stopping Palestinian people looking for work in Israel? As they say, a picture is worth 1000 words.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    See? Explaining away the drop in terrorist attacks LOL. Can't make this up.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    What part of correlation doesn't mean causation do you not understand? Meanwhile, do you know the number of terrorist attacks the US has endured from people who snuck in through the S. border illegally? ZERO. We have no real reason to fear a terrorist attack from people sneaking in through our S. border.

Meanwhile, here are more Palestinians showing just how effective the Israeli wall is at stopping them from entering:

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Did you not see the pic in the post immediately above yours? While terrorist attacks in Israel did indeed decline the decline wasn't attributable to an easily scalable wall or for that matter a fence that could be easily penetrated.
    Here's another image of the security barrier.
    upload_2023-10-5_14-58-7.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. GratefulGator

GratefulGator GC Hall of Fame

Oct 15, 2016
    Boulder Colorado
    I was against the Wall when Trump was building it and I'm against the Wall now that Biden is building it.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida

[​IMG]

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    And here's an article explaining how the Israeli wall doesn't stop immigration.

This doesn’t mean that the barrier doesn’t exist. It’s there, it’s cruel, and it makes life for Palestinians extremely difficult, separating them from each other and from their land, or from their work places in Israel. But even on a normal day, and more so in recent years, it does not prevent tens of thousands of Palestinians from entering Israel — whether they have permits or not, through holes in the barrier, or from the dozens of kilometers-long stretches of land where the barrier remains incomplete.
    So a wall that may have had some effect in lowering terrorist attacks, which isn't an issue in the US, but hasn't stopped immigration in Israel, and the 30 years of wall built in the US that hasn't been effective will suddenly, for some reason, actually work because....?

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I feel like this is an example of our nation often having a simplistic food fight about an issue that is multi-layered and complicated.

There are different categories of people coming here for different reasons, whether that be for work, to escape persecution by gangs or governments, to seek a better life, or yes some for criminal enterprises. Physical barriers aren't inherently wrong or hateful IMO, but they're not some sort of magic bullet either. I suppose they slow people down at least and maybe that's helpful for border patrol. Of course, there are financial and environmental tradeoffs with physical barriers as well. Ultimately, I think we need comprehensive reform addressing the War on Drugs, labor issues, conditions in other countries, etc., but it seems, more and more, that nuance and compromise are frowned upon in a lot of safe gerrymandered districts where money and clicks prevail over problem solving.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  10. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Lol. What a hoot.
    Please don’t be so serious.
    You’re gonna die early from stress related issues.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Easily scalable? Yeah, looks super easy...

upload_2023-10-5_15-25-24.png

• Winner Winner x 1
  12. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Wow, you give the democrats a pass.
    They’ve created the conditions for an easy entrance into America.
    That’s hard to dispute.

• Winner Winner x 2
  13. Tjgators

Tjgators Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    and that the occupant of the WH is a liar.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Avoidance: the action of keeping away from or not doing something

You keep avoiding answering the questions. Why would building more wall work this time when it hasn't helped in the past 30 years? And at what cost? Simple questions. You respond with something you find humorous. I have a dark sense of humor, but I fail to find murdering innocent immigrants funny in any way, shape, or form.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  15. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    News Flash: Homo sapiens have been migrating for millennia. As will a sensible immigration policy, a wall might slow migration, but it won't stop it. Of course, we could do it the way the former East Germans did. There are a bunch of folks in America who'd do that in a heartbeat.

BTW, from what I read, our system isn't imploding from migration, but rather benefiting from it. It seems what you really mean is you don't want brown people coming here. Also, Rome didn't fall in a day. It fell gradually from internal rot. I see the far right under TODAY'S GOP "leadership" as the rot in America.

• Like Like x 2
  16. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Humour me and post a thread where you referred to Trump as a liar.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  17. gatorin1963

gatorin1963 Junior

Nov 20, 2016
    Ask border agents and the parents of those young people who died of Fentanyl for their opinion.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Really? Ask the mayor of NYC and Chicago if they have a problem with immigration. Sticking your head in the sand doesn't make the problem disappear. This is a serious issue and the status quo isn't working. I'm not far right at all, I'm independent.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. oaklandroadie2

oaklandroadie2 Freshman

Nov 14, 2017
    In the past month the loudest voices for closing the border have been the well known far right elected leaders that are the Governors of Massachusetts, New York, and Illinois, and the mayors of New York City and Chicago. Does it ever get tiring to just blame all your political differences on WhITe SuPRemaCy?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. oaklandroadie2

oaklandroadie2 Freshman

Nov 14, 2017
    You can't murder invaders.