Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Border Wall

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Oct 5, 2023.

1. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    We cannot allow hamas or anyone who poses a similar terrorist threat to the US through the border.
    That data, confirmed by multiple CBP sources and reflects apprehensions between ports of entry between October 2021 and October 2023, shows that agents encountered 6,386 nationals from Afghanistan in that period as well as 3,153 from Egypt, 659 from Iran and 538 from Syria.
    Agents also encountered 13,624 from Uzbekistan, 30,830 from Turkey, 1,613 from Pakistan, 164 from Lebanon, 185 from Jordan, 139 from Yemen, 123 from Iraq and 15,594 from Mauritania. The data does not include information on how many of those migrants were removed or who were released into the U.S. with a court date.
    Thousands of 'special interest aliens' from Middle East countries stopped at southern border since 2021: data

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    Well stated as your arguments on this topic always are. You’re arguing with trolls who have no interest in debate. The next time that duo posts a link or a rational argument it will be the first.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I lived in Texas as a kid. I know the border well. The fact that you use proud and Chavez in the same sentence tells me everything I need to know…that and the fact that you didn’t get a history degree from UF.

I stand by my opinion of you and continue to suggest you read some actual history books and biographies on D-Day and surrounding events. Your myopic view of that event demonstrates gross ignorance.

P.S. you are not a Freedom Fighter. LOL

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I read your post above and I have a gif for you…

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I've read a lot of books, if you want to compare the border to D-Day, aren't we the Germans?

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
  7. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    You have nothing as usual. Even lboy agrees the wall is needed and we need to enforce the law to restrict a wide open border.
    You’re in over your head and shame on you for encouraging illegals and god knows who to come here, break the law and possibly hurt our citizens.
    You’re a sick dude.

Last edited: Oct 11, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Reading and comprehending are two completely different acts.

9. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    What's unjust is our demand for immigrant labor isn't being allowed to be filled legally. It forces the supply of labor to go black market and illegally fill the demand. And this has been going on for generations. This isn't a new phenomenon.

Meanwhile, our citizen unemployment is low and we are still experiencing labor shortages in several verticals. What's just about not allowing a supply of labor willing and able to work to meet the demand legally? Who wins or benefits when we don't allow it?

Change the law to a Gang of 8 style law and allow labor supply to legally meet demand. To not do so is to invite the status quo because no politician is going to spend billions deporting immigrants when the result is stagflation and families torn apart. Politicians are too invested in winning the next election, and causing mass stagflation is a losing proposition. And also unfair to everyone who lives here.

Oh, and Chavez was actually very anti-immigrant. He v didn't want new arrivals taking jobs away from Hispanic citizens. A fear that didn't come to pass during Chavez' life or since. That's because those that stay, their children climb the economic ladder and do better than their parents. And many, after saving some money, return home.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    "Fake asylum" - I think this says everything here, particularly about your commitment to due process. You say you don't want people to skip the line and respect the process of entry, but you are perfectly willing to do that when it comes to asylum seekers for the sake of expedience. Process for thee and not for me, that's the border hawk way!

11. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    I think the point is not all of the asylum seekers are facing bonafide persecution by their governments, not specifically directed at them anyway. Just saying “I’m here and I’m from a shithole country, grant me asylum” on its own isn’t necessarily a valid claim. Asylum is more for an oppressed minority population facing imminent threat of genocide or violence, or those refugees fleeing war conditions. Maybe we can argue in some nations (Venezuela comes to mind), the condition of the state defacto qualifies, but it’s not like the U.S. could or should just take on the entire population of Venezuela. If you made the claim of asylum too generous it feeds further migrant flows. That’s a valid concern, especially when jobs market is poor (as of right now, we can afford to take on more immigrants because our economy is actually constrained by a lack of labor).

That being said, there is some obvious hypocrisy in that we don’t treat all groups the same. That there are Cuban MAGA aligned groups in FL who are now border hawks is simply mind boggling to me.

12. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Ahhh, but I didn’t compare the border to the Germans….So try harder next time.

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Look if there is an imaginary line to get into the country the right way, there is an imaginary line to have your asylum claim heard and adjudicated, not just dismissed arbitrarily because the line is so long and its backed up. Its the same disrespect for process, really. You cant blame people for choosing expedience in getting here when you yourself are like we need expedience because these lines are ridiculous. Anyways, they are both symptoms of the immigration process being a total failure at every level. It should be much easier to immigrate and/or work here legally, and if that were true, the number of people trying their hand at asylum would be much fewer too.

• Like Like x 1
  14. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Ultimately the southern border and our policy has nothing to do with nuts and bolts or trying the wrong policy and not succeeding, its about population control and ethnocentric concerns, that have nothing to do with good policy making. The solution is fairly obvious its just that its politically untenable in a racist country concerned about its identity in that regard. So the choices range from "do we have to be so obvious about this" and "yes, we should be obvious about this."

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. BLING

BLING GC Hall of Fame

Apr 16, 2007
    Oh I don’t disagree, the people running with the idea there is a legal process are either clowns or being disingenuous for other “reasons”.

Effectively there is no true legal pathway from many of these countries. I recognize that, and as such I don’t have much issue with the way they turn themselves in for asylum claims. The only requirement I have is that immigrants cannot be wards of the state.

17. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I don’t think you could have made a more erroneous post.
    But I guess it’s possible.

18. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    @AzCatFan — you see..even your fellow liberals think your demand for more immigrants to pick your crops is racist.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  19. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    I could have made a more erroneous post by cutting and pasting one of yours

20. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    A legal process creates clowns? You mean like FSU?