Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Border Wall

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Oct 5, 2023.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Show me where I said specifically, the immigrants we need have to be Hispanic. If you can't, then you are full of it.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  2. gatordavisl

gatordavisl VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    northern MN
    I would def say we need more Asian immigrants.

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
  3. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Won't disagree here. But it doesn't matter the ethnicity. As long as the immigrant can fill the job requirement.

4. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    when you want to be a masochist but you can’t find a girlfriend…..

[​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Now who is avoiding? Show me where I specifically said we need Hispanic immigrants or admit you're full of it.

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    OMG. That is not the standard here and is off topic. I never claimed you said immigrants had to be Hispanic. I would say you are a comedian, but you are not funny. You are trying to change the topic here.

this thread is about the border wall at the southern border between Mexico and the United States. You responded to a post in which myself and others claim that we need to build a wall in order to keep illegal immigrants out. Those illegal immigrants that we are keeping out are Hispanic people. You agreed to that in another post. You argued that we can’t keep those immigrants, who happen to be all Hispanic, out of our country because they need to pick our crops so you can have onions.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2023
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    1+1=2.

8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    You are backtracking so fast, I can't keep up. Geopolitical realities are why the majority of immigrants at our Southern border are Hispanic. Nothing we can do about this geographic truth. But since I say we need more immigrants, you claim that's racist because of the fact the majority of these Immigrants will likely be Hispanic. When I claim the ethnicity of the immigrants doesn't matter, and ask you to prove my statement is racist, you backtrack and start talking about the wall again.

Pathetic. My statement isn't racist. And we need immigrants. 8 million in our work force at current, and we will have labor shortage issues. A wall would be ineffective and cost billions; a true boondoggle. And deporting the undocumented here would be worse. It would split families apart, cause a massive drop in GDP, all while causing massive inflation due to huge labor shortages in key industries.

Nothing you have posted changes this. Just like you failed to prove my statement was racist, you have failed to show we need a wall, or deport millions.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 3
  9. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Enjoy your cheap onions. Please remember all the Hispanic people who were raped, died and became indentured on their journey through the desert so your burger tastes better.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  10. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Better for me to have cheap onions? Yes. Better for the farmers? Yes. Better for the towns that rely on the influx of labor? Yes. Better for the immigrants escaping horrid conditions so bad at home they feel they have no other recourse but to walk hundreds, if not thousands of miles to emigrate to a new country? Yes.

Hmmm. Who is losing here? Your argument, for sure.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  11. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    who is losing here? The poor immigrants who are dying and being raped for your condiments …that’s who. Sleep well.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Let's make it better for them. Legalize the ones already here and allow new ones in on a guest worker visa. The ones that make it are grateful for opportunity to make a living and feed themselves and their families. This they can't do back home. If they could, why risk the journey?

Still, we can make it better for them too. Follow the bipartisan 2007 and Gang of 8 recommendations. Surely better than losing 6% or more of our GDP and paying $9 for a gallon of milk.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  13. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    1. No foreigner is entitled to break our immigration law.
    2. No immigrant is entitled to cut in line.
    3. We need a better worker visa program to make it easier for immigrants but also stiffer criminal penalties against employers who hire undocumented immigrants.
    4. We need to enforce our laws without emotion or discretion, and give states concurrent jurisdiction to prosecute violations.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville

We know that's your weakness

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. defensewinschampionships

defensewinschampionships GC Hall of Fame

Sep 16, 2018
    Is this an AI generated image?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    It definitely looks fake or 'enhanced'

17. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I don’t know, they look kind of natural.

18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Lol, They haven't seen any action in years they would know if the real thing was standing in front of them.

• Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  19. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    "If a law is unjust, a man is not only right to disobey it, he is obligated to do so." - Thomas Jefferson

Our immigration laws make no sense when it comes to our immigration labor needs. Haven't done so in generations. They are wholly unjust, and I have no issue with people who break them. I do not fault the immigrant coming over to attempt to make a living. Nor do I fault the employer who has a choice of either hiring immigrants or losing his business. Given these choices, they are obligated to disobey the law.

I would accept stiffer penalties for those who hire undocumented workers, if we first fix our system to allow for labor supply to legally meet demand. Canada has a simpler system we can use as a model. All employers have to do is prove they have labor needs not being met and then they are allowed to hire immigrants who are newly arriving.

I also see no reason to punish those who are currently breaking the law. Is it worth decimating entire regions, forcing farmers and small business owners who rely on immigrant labor to go bankrupt because our laws are currently unjust? Is it worth forcing significant inflation on the entire country due to significant labor shortages because our current laws are unjust? Is it worth breaking families up, and causing more people to turn to welfare programs because our current laws are unjust? Tell me why this is necessary. Because I don't believe any of it is.

Last, I don't know if you have traveled any of our border regions. They are a lot harder to secure than a house. And has history has shown, any physical barrier is as good as the people guarding it. The cost to do so at our border would be astronomical. Fix our immigration labor laws first, however, and it makes guarding our border a little easier. No longer do we have the masses crossing with coyotes all over the border, because they are now entering legally at port facilities. So who is left to cross in the middle of nowhere? People we have a desire to catch.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Uhmmm…. Wow

[​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 2