Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Border Wall

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by defensewinschampionships, Oct 5, 2023.

1. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Our border checkpoints are our front doors. It's also legal to enter from anywhere and surrender to an ICE Agent and request asylum.

As for your home, you sound like a peach. You can fortify it all you want, but if anyone wants to come in, they will get in. Statistically, gated neighborhoods are targets of crime at almost the same rate as non-gated. The safest neighborhoods? They have 24/7 guards. As the Great Wall teaches us, a barrier is only as effective as the people guarding it.

As for the economic impact of undocumented immigration, it's only negative if you look at costs without benefits. And those benefits are 8 million I our workforce that without them, we would see significant reduction in GDP, and significant increase in inflation due to labor shortages. If we legalized the current undocumented immigrants, it's estimated they will add $1.7 trillion to the GDP in the next decade. No cost comes close to this number, even if you use the incredibly biased FAIR report, which factors in costs of citizen children, and uses static scoring instead of dynamic.

2. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    Since someone asked

3. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    I believe this is your 1st post. Do you want me to show you more?

like I said, you have an altered reality. Try harder.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yep, not a single personal comment or insult in there. Just addressing an argument. Meanwhile, you started firing off personal insults immediately. Sorry that you don't like me addressing your arguments.

• Like Like x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    if someone wants to get into my house it will be by crawling in a window after spending a few minutes breaking a whole in it with a sledge hammer, assuming they brought one. Meanwhile, I already called the police and told them to bring an ambulance, and made myself a sandwich.

do you understand the difference between Gross and Net? There are more than a dozen studies out there in the last five years, and admittedly they’re all over the place. There is high as $150 billion net cost, and the lowest I’ve been able to find is about $ 50 billion net cost.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  6. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    lol. If that’s the way you address arguments, good luck. Ask yourself what do you think would happen if you made those comments to a stranger in a bar. Would you still have teeth?

You are just an innocent, respectful soul. I get it…

Keep trying harder. You may get there..

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yep, most people don't punch other people for addressing arguments. Sorry that is where your mind went. Don't lawyers address arguments? You must have very much enjoyed Socratic method...

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Post the studies. I'll dissect them and show the error of their ways easily. The the FAIR studies that again, uses static instead of dynamic scoring. This means, if an immigrant is a student today costing $10k a year to educate, the static scoring has that cost borne out until expected death. A dynamic score understands that post graduation, this person will start paying taxes like DREAMers are currently doing, and becoming a net positive to the country.

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    I’ve read the exchange and as usual, you are the delusional one.
    And since you’ve lost the debate, you pretend to be offended.
    Weird.

Last edited: Oct 9, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  10. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    1. You didn’t make an argument, you made a sarcastic comment. 2. You don’t know what the Socratic method is.

Keep digging

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    or, perhaps …the studies correctly assumes that every time an illegal immigrant has completed their consumption of our educational benefits another 3 illegal immigrant students take their place. That is not a DREAM it is a Nightmare.

Regardless, it’s all guessing because we have no idea how many immigrants are in our country illegally because we have not had a viable immigration policy since June, 1868.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    wrong again..

8 U.S. Code § 1325 - Improper entry by alien

8 U.S.C. § 1325
    (a)Improper time or place; avoidance of examination or inspection; misrepresentation and concealment of facts

Any alien who (1) enters or attempts to enter the United States at any time or place other than as designated by immigration officers,… shall, for the first commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18 or imprisoned not more than 6 months, or both, and, for a subsequent commission of any such offense, be fined under title 18, or imprisoned not more than 2 years, or both.​

• Winner Winner x 1
  13. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    We still using Israel as an example of walls working?

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
    • Off-topic Off-topic x 1
  14. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    A wall won't stop a military invasion. Will a wall stop people from trying to get into a country? Yes. Is it perfect? No. But at least you show yourself as being ignorant for everyone to see.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Aren't those are the same thing? The right wing rhetoric is fond of using "invasion" when it comes to the border.

16. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Post the economic studies you are looking at, please. Here's one from Rice University showing for every dollar spent, the government receives $1.21 from undocumented immigrants. This one from Penn Wharton is a few years older, but same conclusion.

I'd like to know your source. Because if it is a source like FAIR, pointing out their fatal flaws is easy.

17. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Nope. If you don't understand the difference than that's a you problem. Luckily most people aren't as ignorant.

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. wgbgator

wgbgator Premium Member

Apr 19, 2007
    Got it, the 'invasion' rhetoric is intentional hyperbole

• Winner Winner x 1
  19. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    It is an argument. You see, when you made the comment about talking to people in China or East Berlin that is an argument as well. So when I say, which of these people should we talk to, it is using the structure of your argument to make an argument, specifically, that the walls you claimed worked didn't do their intended jobs.

I do know what the Socratic method is. It is using questions to get to a point. But you can't handle anybody pushing on your arguments at all, so it would be problematic for you.

20. UFLawyer

UFLawyer GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida
    [​IMG]