Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Border Crisis: Shocking Data Reveals Illegal Immigrants Outnumber American Births

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by studegator, Jan 17, 2024.

1. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Stop while you are way, way behind.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    As opposed to your left wing sources?
    Did you consider twitter a “weird fringe” website when our government was censoring it? Or just after Elon Musk bought it?
    I have found youtube to be very useful, watched it many times to understand how to do projects I am working on.
    It has been a great source of info.
    Should I check in with you first before doing any posting? I’m sure you have the correct answers. (whatever that is)

• Come On Man Come On Man x 4
    • Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I don't have left wing sources. I was taught at UF to look at data. If I want to learn about something I dig to the source material if I can. I don't need information packaged to me with opinions. If I can't access the original source material I don't really have interest it.

There's been so many debunked right wing videos and tweets on here I'm not sure why anyone would take them seriously at this point. 2000 mules and edited videos and all kinds of shit

YouTube is a great source for certain things for sure.

Last edited: Jan 18, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I haven't looked at the numbers, but we know that some conflate illegal immigration with refugees seeking asylum. Is that part of what's happening here?

5. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    If a migrant doesn't cross the border at a correct check point, are they illegal? Even if they are seeking asylum?

6. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    My guess is that the answer would be in the affirmative. Considering that it is illegal to knowingly transport undocumented aliens across state lines the chances that virtually all of the immigrants transported by Governors Abbott and DeSantis to "sanctuary cities" have pending asylum claims. Until their claims are resolved they are considered to be in the US legally and by the way the term "sanctuary city" is a term coined by right-wing media and politicians to refer to cities in which the decision has been made not to refer individuals to ICE if their only crime is illegal presence in the US, the rationale of which is to encourage undocumented immigrants to cooperate with local law enforcement authorities who are investigating crimes much more serious than simple illegal presence.

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    But if we push back who’s going to do our landscaping ?

8. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    To read international mainstream sources unchecked immigration is roiling Europe and producing discord and despair. This is so much the case that anti-immigration parties are ascendant.

Insouciant Americans say, “meh.”

9. studegator

studegator GC Legend

Feb 24, 2008
    This was actually sent to me by a UF grad with masters, who has worked with data for 20 years. Their medical data base is the largest one in the world. They had also told me in the summer of 2020 that the data concerning covid did not match what we were being told by the US government about covid.

10. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    Able bodied welfare recipients

• Funny Funny x 2
  11. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    2/3 of SNAP (food stamps) recipients are children, elderly, or disabled who aren't likely to be able to work hard labor jobs like landscaping. And the 1/3 who aren't are likely to already to be working low wage, unstable jobs that likely pay a little more than what the average landscaper makes. Try again.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  12. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Some high school kid that needs a job?

13. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    LOL, about the reaction you would expect in here.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    It may be legit it may not. It's why I like written articles from solid news sources that then hyperlink to the original source material. Sometimes you have to click through multiple sites until you actually get to the original source. It seems to me most youtube and Twitter stuff is just poorly sourced confirmation bias infotainment. Obviously there are legit feeds out there, but im always going to be skeptical

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. gator_lawyer

gator_lawyer VIP Member

Oct 30, 2017
    BREAKING: Biden's open borders policies too effective at seizing fentanyl and arresting gang members.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You mean like the major networks? How did they do with Covid? Simple question. Anyone being objective knows they were 100% wrong on Covid lockdowns, school closures, masks, natural immunity and how effective the vaccine is.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    tell you what, come here to gainesville and stand outside the welfare office, it will change your mind with all the well abeled people driving up in nice cars, gold watchs,etc gaming the system, i used to work right accross from there,saw it every day.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Am I supposed to take your anecdotal experience over actual data? LOL! And you know, foster parents are eligible for what you would consider welfare payments for taking care of foster kids. How do you know what you were seeing weren't foster parents not gaming the system, but taking payments to help them cover the costs of being a foster parent? How many of these people did you actually interact and talk to?

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. buckeyegator

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    hard to talk to people who are always on their high end cell phones. plus, do not know of very many 25-35 year old grandparents, do you? just admit you will never believe people out there cheat the system all the time.

• Funny Funny x 3
  20. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    I didn't say grandparents. I said foster parents. And you only need to be 21 years old to be a foster parent. And unfortunately, college towns tend to have a higher rate of foster parent need. Transient and young nature of college students who are sexually active, but not necessarily ready to be a parent. And locals who aren't college students who don't often have great job prospects, because every business tends to cater to the college kids over the locals.

I also never said there aren't people who cheat the system. But 2/3 who are kids, elderly, or obviously handicapped are not. And the majority of of the 1/3 who are already working a job aren't either. Fraud for any government program usually is small. Generally less than 1%. But hey, why look at the data when you can just look at the window and know everything about the person entering the welfare office just by sight!