Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden Won't Allow Production - OPEC Starts Cutting

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Sep 5, 2022.

1. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Do you ever present facts that aren't so easily denied as to their veracity?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  2. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You figure out energy independence and explain it to all of your misinformed buddies.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Do you ever read anything posted with link? I don't think so and your posts show it.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I would define it as exporting more than we import. Does that definition work for you?

5. oragator1

oragator1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    We have never been energy independent and will never be in the current economic structure. Not sure how many different ways I can say the same thing. We buy oil from abroad even when we have a surplus and sell even when we are short because it’s sold on the open market. It’s why prices spiked here despite us producing enough to cover ourselves. We could double our production, and if OPEC cut in response prices and availability would go nowhere.
    Energy independence would imply a self contained production sale distribution and consumption process that we don’t have. Nor could we, unless we went to either a nationalized system, or mandated by law who producers were allowed to sell to. Neither of which republicans would ever do.
    If we can’t agree on that basic definition, there really isn’t much more to discuss.

• Winner Winner x 1
  6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    West Texas crude down 5.5% today. It's at its lowest price since early January.

7. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    US rig count is + 263 YOY

8. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  9. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Aw darn a scathing critique? I might be a stretch of poster's attention span but simply go back to post # 49 to see my review of your four links. Poster's links are below average at best. Sigh

• Like Like x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  10. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    And yet more evidence how inept Biden is. He can’t even shut down oil production.
    The fool actually increases it!

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  11. slocala

slocala VIP Member

Jan 11, 2009
    Truth is in the middle. The hyperbolic statements are half-truths from people with no clue about the O&G industry. There is definitely a real push to weaponize energy.

12. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
  13. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
  14. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Stock market up today too so are you a buyer?

15. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It's no pivot when Dictator Biden's energy policies have led to both inflation and recession. It all started with the energy policies along with poor fiscal policy which amounts to a drunken sailor on Saturday night shore leave.

Dang, who could have predicted energy and spending would end up in inflation which would so high as to put the US in recession? Larry Summers knew and advised Dictator Biden way back in the spring of 2021. Clearly, Dictator Biden listens to no one except his far-left loonies in the White House.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  16. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes, we do have that capability and we were energy independent under Trump. OPEC can do a lot to hurt us only if we don't produce at higher levels ourselves.

Two articles:

Energy Independence: Trump Just Achieved What Every President Since Nixon Promised | Investor's Business Daily (investors.com)

Biden Orders Reversal of Trump’s ‘Energy Independence’ Policies - OILMAN Magazine

You can strut all you want about Trump not accomplishing what clearly was a first. Be advised though, you are off base and wrong.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  17. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I'd add producing enough oil so OPEC and Russia can't affect the US internally, they can't touch us, but I have no problem with your definition.

• Dislike Dislike x 1
  18. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Okay, so you are accepting the definition of "energy independence" that is exporting more oil than we import.

You will be pleased to know that we are currently energy independent.

U.S. Net Imports of Crude Oil and Petroleum Products (Thousand Barrels per Day)

19. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I addressed you direct with a caveat to the definition knowing you'd pull up something that doesn't make sense to anyone who has to buy gasoline for their cars.

Tell me all-knowing one, why is our gasoline internally in the US still way above where it was under Trump even with recession and selling down the SPR? As a follow up, why does it have to be this way?

Separately, did you just choose NOT to read the linked articles?

BTW, that graph tell me nothing more than Dictator Biden is strangling the US off of oil. Suggest you find somebody to put this in perspective in real terms of how this affects the American people.

Last edited: Sep 7, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 1
  20. philnotfil

Apr 8, 2007
    Global supplies are tight due to Russia being under sanctions.

It doesn't have to be this way, we could just let Russia annex Ukraine.

They didn't do a very good job of supporting your claims. I was left with the impression that you didn't read them, or you couldn't find anything better to support your claims.

• Agree Agree x 1