Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden Took Showers With His Daughter

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Jun 2, 2024.

1. citygator

citygator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Charlotte
    If 100% accurate, at the worse, she didn’t accuse Joe of anything but making her uncomfortable. There are 17 women who accused Trump of sexual assault and harassment. Your transparent feigned outrage impresses no one.

Okee defending Trump and calling him unfairly adjudicated for the assault in NY all throughout this thread:

Judge Kaplan says the quiet part out loud

Last edited: Jun 3, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    I'm not talking about the Biden story. I'm talking about posters here sexualizing showering with your kids, de facto.

3. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Nonsense. People’s childhood memories are not the same. Some people don’t remember much at all. I have a lot of memories of being 3 and 4. I even have a couple of very vivid memories from a trip we took when I was two. Nothing traumatic, just good memories.

This is just a stupid position to try to defend super creepy comments by the usual suspects on this thread.

If Biden is a creep, he should pay for it. But some of the posts here a really weird and creppy AF.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  4. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    Never saw the pressing need to take a shower with one of my kids, even when they were babies. A child's anatomy is vastly different than that of a full-grown adult. It's weird and it's unnecessary, but that's off-topic. The topic is that Joe Biden did it and it was noteworthy enough to make it into Ashley Biden's diary. That's not good, no matter how you slice it.

• Like Like x 1
  5. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    My wife showered with our boys and I think I probably did too. With a busy household and 2 working parents it was just more efficient and they learned how to wash themselves. We ceased the practice once they began to notice "things". It was no big deal. I kinda thought every family did this.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    What's creepy is people insinuating these showers between Biden and his daughter took place when she was 3 or 4 years old, which has no basis in reality and the context of the passage clearly indicates they were much later. I'm not buying that she chose to purposefully mention showers she took at 3 or 4 years old in her diary years later as she is recounting all the trouble she's had in life. It's super creepy that you're attempting to make that leap.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  7. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Overwhelming normal for most families. Weird pattern on this board.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  8. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Do you think there is a chance your kids will write a diary later in life and describe said showers as "inappropriate"?

• Funny Funny x 2
  9. GCNumber7

GCNumber7 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    You are the one talking about Biden. Most of us are talking about your creepy sexualization of children.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 4
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. channingcrowderhungry

channingcrowderhungry Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom of a pint glass
    That's your perogative.

When posters want to sexualize it and call it weird on a personal level, I'm gonna stray to stray off topic.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    “May have/probably (?) been inappropriate” were the words I’ve seen quoted. My kids - fortunately- haven’t experienced the trauma she did, did not experience addiction and are a great deal more stable -

12. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Happened when I was a kid as well (probably 4ish years old). Wasn't a regular thing but if we were on vacation and there was only one bathroom with a shower and no tub that was definitely the easiest way I'm sure.

If you pressed me generally to say if something like that is inappropriate I suppose i would say yes but it didn't scar me in any way.

My brother and I would also be away from the house along with other neighborhood children for the entire day during the summer with no cell phone or any way our parents to contact us without driving around to look for us. That would also be considered inappropriate today (if not worse).

With respect to Ashley Biden's diary, if she really thought it was any worse than just "probably inappropriate" in hindsight then she would have written so - it was her private diary after all.

13. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    I'll be generous and grant this is possibly not sexual, but it is definitely weird. I find it ironic, though, that Democrats of all people want to criticize people of other parties for supporting pervs. :rolleyes:

At the rate we are going...50 years from now anyone who uses the word perv in any context whatsoever for any reason will be doxxed and cancelled for being a bigot.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  14. tampajack1

tampajack1 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. Trickster

Trickster VIP Member

Sep 20, 2014
    Well, I guess that does it for you - no way are you going to vote for Biden now!

I just don't understand the purpose of your post. Do you honestly believe anyone is going to think Biden is a pedophile and therefore vote for Trump?

I think your post and its insinuations are disgusting.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    To be fair, you can make the same point about any of the Trump threads and posts here. Everyone on here pretty much has their mind made up between Trump and Biden.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Contra

Contra GC Hall of Fame

May 15, 2023
    FWIW, I am trying to exercise restraint here. I think we should avoid accusing Joe of being a pedophile. That is a serious serious accusation to level at someone, and you don't want to say that about someone unless if you are absolutely sure about it. There is some behavior there that is off. It is strange, but that does not mean he is a pedophile. Accusing someone of being a pedophile is a devastating accusation to lob at someone.

If the shoe was on the other foot and Trump's daughter had written this in a diary, I think we can all predict what would happen. Many zealots would come out of the woodwork and accuse us all of voting for a pedophile, even though we have not even voted yet. We all know this would happen.

I think part of not contributing to the highly polarized political tribalism we see is having some restraint when it comes to things like this. If one side is willing to get down in the gutter with this type of thing, and the other side says, "Oh, well...they did it. So we are going to do it too," then we all end up in the gutter.

I think we need to avoid being in a state of mind where we would devour any choice morsel of negativity that is within the realm of possibility of being true about the party on the other side or the candidate on the other side. If we give in to that frame of mind, then we become sad zealots condemning people for the projections that may exist in our minds only. If we are wrong, which the human heart often is, then we end up being guilty of slander.

The case against Biden and the DNC can be easily made without stooping and resorting to speculative mudslinging. There are things that are easily provable from facts that are morally reprehensible that Biden and his party support. That is where we should put our focus.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    You guys are bold putting this out on a public message board. :emoji_joy:

19. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Yes, she experienced trauma and it bothered her enough to write about it in her diary. That's what this thread is about. I'm not sure why you would even play around with conflating the two situations.

20. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    "Discuss.." is the best thread OP I've ever made.

• Funny Funny x 1