Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden Dividing Again…What a nasty speech

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Orange_and_Bluke, Nov 3, 2022.

1. dynogator

dynogator VIP Member

Apr 9, 2007
    I appreciate your point. But Biden is the leader of this democracy, and if he thinks there's an existential threat to it's survival, it's his duty to call it out. Undermining elections to tilt towards desired outcomes is a massive threat to the country, and a phenomena Biden is absolutely justified in exposing.

• Agree Agree x 2
  2. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Who is running on that as their main campaign issue? Whose campaign is running on Trump won in 2020?

Now some like Kari Lake get asked about her questioning the results from 2020. And she responds accordingly. With all the democrats that questioned results in the past. The only ones focused on 2020 and trump are the democrats. The pubs get caught up having to deal with their obsession.

Keep it up. The pubs appreciate it when the dems are focused on such a foolish thing.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. gatorjnyc

gatorjnyc VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I know, right? Haha.

• Winner Winner x 1
  4. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    No, Trump is uniquely terrible. I feel supremely confident there will never be another American president as awful as he was.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  5. AzCatFan

AzCatFan GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    The dems caused runaway inflation? The US is right in the middle of this chart. Who knew Biden had so much power to cause inflation around the globe!

Border problems we've never seen? Equally wrong as with inflation. Here's border apprehensions by year. Here's a hint. It's been higher many times in the past.

[​IMG]

And Trump is a problem. Election denial is the central core message for every top R running in Arizona. It's every other bleeping commercial when I've watched TV the last six months. Every sign for a R candidate says "Trump endorsed!" Secretary of State R Candidate Finchem has made the fact he was there on Jan 6 and believes the election was stolen his entire message.

Biden and the Ds haven't been perfect. And a lot of things were out of there control, and yes, elections are often more about the economy than anything else. If the Rs win, this is why. But if the Rs do win, there's a good chance democracy loses.

As for W, the far left wanted him tried for war crimes. But was he impeached? Not even close. The moderates were against the agenda on many things, but W. wasn't a Fascist like Trump is. Again, last time, Trump's coup failed because there were good men and women in position of power that made the right decision to stop him. If those people are replaced by Trump lackeys this time around, the next time, we may not be so lucky.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    A legit question asked more than once during the Democratic primaries in 2008 was “will you prosecute George W Bush for war crimes?” Look it up. It was fun watching Obama dance around the question as many of his supporters expected him to take down Bush if he won.

You’re only saying this about Trump now, because he’s the de facto face of the GOP today. It’ll be a new enemy 10 years from now. Whoever steps into his place.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    so you condemn leaders that stir the anger pot? Trump, DeSantis, Rubio, Cruz, et al

• Like Like x 1
  8. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    There are no Democrats who stir the anger pot?

9. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    yes, but calling out MAGA election deniers isn't stirring the pot, it is identifying the threat to our system. MAGA, far and away, are the most rabid hate mongers and it isn't close

• Winner Winner x 1
  10. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    Yes. I did condemn Trump in this very thread.

11. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Seems that you have a rather selective memory. While there were people on the fringe who may have wanted George W. Bush tried as a war criminal Cindy Sheehan coming immdiately to mind the overwhelming majority of Democrats opposed him for a variety of reasons and even most of those who accused him of rallying support for the war in Iraq based on false pretenses never suggested he be tried as a war criminal. Trump will never voluntarily fade away and will disappear from the political scene only if he loses the 2024 presidential election either as the Republican nominee or in the Republican primaries and the latter doesn't appear likely now although a lot can change over the next year and a half. There is also the possibility as I have suggested before that Trump may decide not to run and instead endorse another candidate for the nomination most likely Ron DeSantis in exchange for the promise of a blanket pardon.

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Michael Fanone says it well.

“There are plenty of reasons to fear Trump and his bullies. But the biggest threat to democracy is indifference, which I believe will be our downfall as a nation. We don’t seem to care enough to pay attention to what’s happening to our country.

“I get it: People are busy living their lives. There are a million distractions. Elon Musk bought Twitter. Tom and Giselle are getting divorced. A Kardashian shared pictures of her new baby! This World Series is a barn burner.

“But Americans need to understand why this election is so different: It is our first chance since January 6, to reject fascism. And it’s perhaps our last chance to preserve democracy.”

Opinion: American indifference will be the death blow for democracy | CNN

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 2
  13. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    And you were a big trump supporter until Jan 6th? Right. Or did you dislike his divisiveness, the ugly rhetoric, the base pandering?

14. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

15. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You didn’t answer the full question. Nice deflect!!

16. buckeyegator

buckeyegator Premium Member

Oct 29, 2007
    gainesville, florida
    Border Patrol Has Already Set a New Yearly Apprehension Record at the Southwest Border so this article says 1.8 milliion in 10 months, your graph shows a little less than 1.2 million, why the vast difference since it comes from the biden administration border patrol?

17. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    One of the most disgusting posts in this thread.

• Funny Funny x 2
  18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Honestly, it’s perfectly within one’s rights to verbally deny the validity of the election results. First Amendment.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  19. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Oh my bad. I addressed this earlier too. I think you can’t chase all the flies so you have to hold the highest office to a higher standard. Trump stunk as a leader and now Biden is doing the same thing. It’s disappointing.

20. fda92045

fda92045 GC Legend

Feb 19, 2012
    Weird that you would find this speech divisive then.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1