Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden Dividing Again…What a nasty speech

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Orange_and_Bluke, Nov 3, 2022.

1. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    No, he's not trying to unite the country in that speech. He's trying to inspire voters to reject the crap that Trump and his followers are spewing.
    Meanwhile, one on hand you claim the election was long ago and we need to move on, on the other you're saying that criticizing those who want to overthrow our democracy is 'arguing with half the country.'
    Which is it?

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. jhenderson251

jhenderson251 Premium Member

Aug 7, 2008
    Firstly, 60% represents a majority:

Poll: 61% of Republicans still believe Biden didn’t win fair and square in 2020
    Ipsos poll - nearly three in five Republican voters believe President Trump should be the Republican nominee for president in 2024

Secondly, you've had it explained to you exactly why Biden spoke on this topic. The 2022 election is riddled with Republican candidates at all levels actively campaigning that Trump won and the 2020 election was stolen. Biden is addressing the lie continuing to be perpetuated to voters by Republican candidates across the country, at the urging of Trump.

Lastly, he's not talking to you. Biden could give a speech about how excellent dogs are, and you would go adopt a cat.

He was speaking to Democrat voters in hopes of energizing them to turn out for the election, as well as to the ~5-10% of voters in many elections that have not yet completely made up their mind.

• Informative Informative x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Irony.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Again, if you find the truth divisive, there's nothing I can do about that. What Biden said about Trump and the Republicans is true.

And if you are so against divisive politicians, why are you such a big DeSantis supporter? He goes out of his way to troll liberals and stoke division. Florida has never had a more divisive governor.

• Winner Winner x 2
  5. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    You’re cool with the message and I get that much. It’s all politics and it’s all about your party. It’s also nonsense and not the huge issue you think it is.
    Here’s a buttload of truth for you Mr River.
    Inflation is high.
    Crime is high.
    Biden is a puppet.
    Biden has no unifying message.
    Polls show cons are coming on strong.
    Not even Obama can save y’all now.

6. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    It's insane, isn't it?

7. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    If you think people are voting on 2020…you are in for a big surprise when democracy removes a whole lot of democrats for the policies and generational damage they have caused in a very short period of time.

Inflation/Border/Education/Energy/Covid policy are going to be driving this thing. And the dems have failed miserably on all accounts.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  8. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Sorry but I disagree. I do care what the president says, and how he says it. It’s embarrassing to me as an American to hear this guy ramble and stumble on the big stage.
    You bet, trump was equally as embarrassing.
    That’s the point of this thread. Biden is no better than trump.

9. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Let’s worry about big Ron for another day. He isn’t running for president yet, and he is not the point of this thread.
    Be an adult and admit Biden is no better unifier than Trump or Obama for that matter.

10. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Many things can be true, but perhaps inappropriate for the leader of the free world to announce.
    You just can’t grasp it when your guy is on the mic.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  11. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    you didn't answer the question. just throwing out cliches. You shouldn't start this stuff if you're not able to keep up.

• Like Like x 1
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  12. swampbabe

swampbabe GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    I don't understand why y'all keep engaging this poster. It's attention seeking nonsense.

• Agree Agree x 7
    • Dislike Dislike x 1
  13. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Are you attempting to shut me down because you disagree with me?
    How very libbie of you.
    [​IMG]

14. jhenderson251

Aug 7, 2008
    Tell me how exactly you think Biden or anyone can "unify" the country when ~30-40% of it believes he stole the 2020 election?

If he could somehow get past that hurdle (which is impossible), then still, how does he unify the part of the population that, like you, thinks that even the most moderate of his agenda items like infrastructure are horrific liberal assaults on their freedom? What could he possibly do or say to bring the "Let's Go Brandon" people into the tent?

Biden isn't going to "unify" this country around politics any more than Billy Napier is going to "unify" this state around college football. A relationship of any level - even between representative and constituent - requires that both parties at a very minimum desire that relationship.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Good point. Thank you for making a strong case without the barbs.
    I didn’t say unifying would be easy. I agree we’ve got some extremes on each side. People are difficult to sway.
    But I think as the president you’ve got to try something in the middle. I’m also hoping for it, not expecting it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jhenderson251

Aug 7, 2008
    But the part of the population that hates (which is the appropriate verb for where we are right now) Biden will never view anything he does as unifying. And you may not hate him, but you view all of his words and deeds through your own bias that he represents the wrong side, the "libbies." Entrenched Republicans view him at worst as a traitorous liar that stole the Presidency and at best as standing for everything they believe is wrong.

If you've ever managed a group of employees, you've probably experienced this. No matter what you do, sometimes an employee is just toxic and hates you for what you represent, and they will view everything you say and do through the lens that you're "the enemy." There is no winning those people over.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  17. rivergator

Apr 8, 2007
    No, I'm not trying to shut you down. I'm simply suggesting you make a coherent argument.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    Let me get some popcorn, this is going to take a while

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  19. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, if that poster is true to his/her word, they will be taking a month long vacation from posting on TooHot next Wednesday.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. flgator2

flgator2 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Gainesville
    And you guys brought Trump yet again, just sad

• Agree Agree x 1