Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden Dividing Again…What a nasty speech

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Orange_and_Bluke, Nov 3, 2022.

1. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    What?! That’s total gaslighting. Your premise is that Biden speaking against the election deniers makes him a divider. Your original premise is just not sound.

Now, you’ve changed the entire paradigm and suggest Biden has not proven himself to be a great uniter. As I said above, that is factually accurate, regardless of cause. But it’s an entirely different point than the one you stared this thread,

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  2. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    But Biden chose to speak about the past instead of displaying his ideas of a better future. Wonder why? Because his party has overspent and exacerbated inflation. Everyone knows it, even the libbie speech writers acknowledge it with every word Biden utters about maga.
    Divisive and ugly.

• Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  3. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    So your argument is that you don't want to talk about the fact that Trump is, to this day, requiring his candidates to support this attack on democracy, and has been very successful in getting those candidates on the ballot in big races for the US Senate and Governor, where they have been doing what he instructed them to do? Because it is divisive to point out that is happening? Even though it actually is happening. But you have nothing negative to say about the people actually doing it, only those calling it out?

• Winner Winner x 6
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  4. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I totally disagree. When you make the predicate of the thread Biden speaking against election deniers, you make this about the leader of the election denying movement, Trump, when anyone open to objective evidence knows beyond a shadow of a doubt that Trump made it all up, with zero regard to democracy.

Biden, on this point, is 100% factually. Accurate - democracy is under direct attack by the Election Deniers and their “trumped up” claims.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 2
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    This pathetic speech defines why democracy is about to send biden supporters home on November 8th.

Keep stirring up resentment about a non issue while by the leader of those who kept kids out of school. And to this day is pushing a drug on kids they don’t need. The leader who coerced and fired people from their jobs for not taking a drug. A drug they did not need. A leader who has caused massive inflation and has no clue what he is doing with energy or the border. Leads the country and democrats.

Democracy is about to send a massive message to biden and all those that somehow still support the pathetic man. It will be a good lesson for many on this board. Maybe they will realize what a pathetic speech this was after November 8th.

Unfortunately some are not about democracy. Like biden. They are authoritarians.

Last edited: Nov 3, 2022
    • Funny Funny x 3
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  6. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    I don’t think I changed anything. I said it in the OP. Biden is no better than trump in his divisive speech. I also said Biden is not unifying like a real leader. I have been consistent throughout this entire thread on this point.

7. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Why?!?! Because that has been a leading issue for many of the candidates IN THE ELECTION NEXT WEEK - an election in which results certain MAGA candidates say they will not recognize unless they won. It is timely. It is monumentally important.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. gator95

gator95 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    If the President is so against election deniers, why does he have one in his press secretary?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  9. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    So Biden shouldn't talk about the past that Trump and all the Trump wannabes now running for office bring up every chance they get. The stuff they talk about that angers their base so much that one of them tried to assassinate the Speaker of the House.

As soon at the GOP abandons the MAGAts and Trump and goes back to the Paul Ryan types, the Democrats can quit talking about the deplorables. Not a minute sooner.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    You think the scale of the contrivances by Trump, which continue to this day by his followers - many of whom are running, are the equivalent of “questioning elections” in the past?

11. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    You’re proving my point. Biden is leading only for the libbie party. Mostly only the dems care about the silly election deniers. He has no interest in winning over cons with this speech. There is nothing in his speech that works for uniting all Americans.
    Period.

• Agree Agree x 2
  12. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Oh? Were you all ready to get united behind Biden before he said this?

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  13. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    I'm afraid that's never going to happen. We are stuck with these insane undemocratic Republicans for good now. I don't see how it gets better.

• Agree Agree x 3
  14. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    It’s really not like this at all. You’re really worked up over political rhetoric?
    Biden is the president though, and we should all expect more. I’m disappointed because we’re just getting more trump and no real change.

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    Yeah, none of the Republicans care about this. Also, they nominated election deniers all over the country at all levels who talk about this often. Because they care so little.

• Winner Winner x 3
  16. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

17. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    I’m talking about an entirely different point than the one you’re trying to make.

You think Biden should sing Coom-by-ya all day, while Trumpians lie and lie about his 2020 defeat, lies which have translated to this election, where the liars are warning they will not recognize the results of they lose. A President’s job is not to sit in a corner and sing songs; he needs to face real threats. And this is a real threat.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  18. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    It won’t improve with Biden leading with a middle school student govt speech. He might as well said he’ll give out free cookies at lunch for anyone who will vote for the libbies next week.

19. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    The silly election deniers dominate your party.

• Agree Agree x 5
  20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I assume that you're referring to statements she may have made regarding the 2016 election. Although she may have complained about the results did she ever suggest that Hillary Clinton should have refused to accept the results of the election and should have opposed the certification of the election by Congress in 2016? By the way the few token symbolic votes by Democrats refusing to certify the results of the 2000 and 2016 elections are in no way comparable with the certification refusal following the 2020 election when over 147 Republicans in the House and a significant number albeit not a majority of Republicans in the Senate refused to certify the results.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1