Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden Dividing Again…What a nasty speech

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by Orange_and_Bluke, Nov 3, 2022.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Other than the occasional person getting sick from it the only time I hear about COVID and school shutdowns is from you on this board.

Republicans will do well because this is a historical time for the non-controlling party to have massive gains, and inflation (a worldwide issue). These other issues you’ve contrived are not going to be the reason the Democrats lose seats in both the House and Senate.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh, I’m wholly dissatisfied with our national politicians. I’m of the opinion that our system inherently results in a two-party political environment which then naturally moves to the extremes. I have hope that ranked choice voting, which is in 2/50 states, could be the solution to what ails our system.

• Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  3. gatorchamps960608

gatorchamps960608 GC Hall of Fame

Jul 4, 2020
    Biden's comments had nothing to do with next Tuesday. They were his reaction to the Paul Pelosi attack. As I type this, synagogues in NJ are under lockdown due to a credible terrorist threat.

There can be no uniting with a political party that chooses to try and get their way to power by employing violence as a tool. How many prominent republicans spoke up about Mr. Pelosi? I can count Rick Scott and maybe one other. The rest just laughed and went along with the conspiracy theories.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  4. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Yes, it's perfectly within one's rights to be an ignorant idiot. But it's sad for our country that so many ignorant idiots are denying the validity of the 2020 election, and it does not bode well for the future of our democracy.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Not supporting the foundation of our democracy is a BFD. It’s enough.

• Agree Agree x 3
  6. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    The right to free speech actually bodes very well for democracy, even if said free speech is misguided. It is suppression of speech that actually bodes badly for democracy. Even radical leftists and reactionary conservatives should be given a very long leash on free speech. It is vital to our survival that these voices not be suppressed. If you want to call them idiots, have at it, but stop trying to censor them. That is not what the founding fathers had in mind.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  7. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    That's not the point of this thread. The point is that Biden should go hug the folks that think Trump is still president with JFK, Jr. as his VP and that Dems drink kid blood.

8. Orange_and_Bluke

Orange_and_Bluke Premium Member

Dec 16, 2015
    [​IMG]

9. dangolegators

dangolegators GC Hall of Fame

Apr 26, 2007
    Who is suppressing their speech? And who is arguing that their speech should be suppressed?

10. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Joe Biden. He’s the POTUS. Let law enforcement take care of any real threats on the ground. He’s crying about people exercising their 1st amendment rights. If there is a real threat, let law enforcement handle. What does he hope to achieve with these speeches if it’s not suppression or free speech? He’s desperate and knows the red wave is rolling in. Very possible that his agenda will be shut down in full less than a week from today. He’s looking at a 50, 55 seat deficit in the House and probably a 6 seat deficit in the Senate. Guy is desperate and lashing out because he knows he’s 5 days away from being a lame duck.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  11. mrhansduck

mrhansduck GC Hall of Fame

Nov 23, 2021
    I think you're probably right in terms of policy. Both sides seem to accuse the other side's leader as being the most ideologically extreme of all time.

But I genuinely don't see DeSantis, Cruz, or Rubio trying to use the office for personal financial gain the way Trump did. Or having their children help run the White House. Or pushing their way through foreign leaders to get to the front of the line. Or trying to bribe a foreign ally for dirt to help them politically. Or saying they couldn't have raped a particular woman because she wasn't good looking enough for them. Or telling American women to go back to their own countries. Or publicly endorsing Q stuff. This list goes on. I have a hard time imagining we could do worse. If DeSantis is elected, we will revisit this, and I will do my best to keep perspective.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  12. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Sounds like you understand 2020 will have no bearing on peoples decisions in a meaningful way.

If you do not think shutting kids out of school and the cdc recommending the covid shot for children is an issue. Get ready. It is far more of an issue than 2020. AZ and the border…absolutely an issue.

• Agree x 1
    • Disagree Bacon! x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny x 1
    • Off-topic x 1
  13. gator_fever

gator_fever GC Legend

Nov 3, 2013
    People working full time can't even buy their normal groceries or pay the rent due to Biden's inflation and the Dems thought it was a good idea to have him make some silly speech that democracy would die or some nonsense like that if you didn't vote for more of the same. I guess I am glad they have strategists that though it was a good idea.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    It’s almost like Biden’s strategist don’t want him to run again. Lol.

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. PITBOSS

PITBOSS GC Hall of Fame

Apr 13, 2007
    Jan 6th was not “perfectly fine” due to trump supporters.

most Americans don’t think our democracy is working well.

“Only around 9% of all U.S. adults believe that democracy in the U.S. is working “extremely” or “very” well while 52% feel it is not working well”

https://www.forbes.com/sites/siladi...-americans-think-democracy-is-in-trouble/amp/

16. gatorchamps960608

Jul 4, 2020
    As I type this, there is a rally going on for Chuck Grassley with MTG speaking. She goaded the crowd into booing Paul Pelosi.

But yeah, Biden is being too divisive.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  17. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    From your link…
    Slightly more than half of all American adults believe democracy is not working well, according to a new Associated Press/NORC poll published on Wednesday, with a larger number of Republicans than Democrats holding a dimmer view of the state of democracy and the sanctity of the electoral process ahead of next month’s midterm elections.

18. Orange_and_Bluke

Dec 16, 2015
    Biden is the freakin President. Somebody must stand alone and accept that responsibility. I’m tired of leaders acting like babies. Biden is turning out to be more like Trump.

19. G8trGr8t

G8trGr8t Premium Member

Aug 26, 2008
    Just disullisioned with flat earthers who ignore reality to support the ego of a narcissistic idiot. If we cant agree on something that well documented, we can never share a source or agree to facts. MAGA refuses to recognize the most factual data collection machine ever created. Why?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Let’s see….
    January 6th, 2021….
    Many people can no longer afford groceries…
    That’s a tough one.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1