Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Biden Administration's Janet Yellen Strikes Twice in One Week

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by ETGator1, Jun 27, 2024 at 9:01 AM.

1. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    First the dreadful Fox Business interview with Neil Cavuto. Now this, Janet Yellen can't see any difference in grocery store prices under Biden o_O:

Commentary: 'Sticker shock' at the grocery store? Not according to our Treasury Secretary (msn.com)

She says she grocery shops for herself. I'm sure another lie. Nothing new for democrats, I'm surprised the Ly'n Biden Administration hasn't place a gag order on Janet Yellen.

Perhaps, like many other Americans, you’re finding it harder and harder to deal with punishingly high food bills. Well, don’t look to Treasury Secretary Janet Yellen for any sympathy.

Asked recently by a Yahoo Finance reporter if she gets sticker shock at the grocery store, she twice responded with an unequivocal “no.” Even though she says she does her own food shopping “every week,” she apparently finds it quite affordable.

If one even believes the dubious claim that the multi-millionaire Yellen does her own grocery shopping, the fact that she doesn’t have sticker shock only illustrates her privileged position. Her high income and wealth have insulated her from such proletariat concerns as food prices.

For many Americans today, watching a cashier scan their groceries is an anxiety-ridden experience, with the sale total rising so fast it might enter low-Earth orbit. One can imagine Yellen in the checkout line paging through the tabloids, blissfully unaware of how much she’ll pay for food — out of her taxpayer-funded salary. This kind of “let-them-eat-cake” mentality from Yellen adds insult to injury because she was a key player in causing today’s stratospheric food price inflation.

Too bad I couldn't post more than 4 paragraphs. (chuckle)

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  2. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    You claimed she said she saw no difference in prices under Biden. That's not what she says in the story, is it?

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 4
    • Winner Winner x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. l_boy

l_boy 5500

Jan 6, 2009
    I like how ET has adopted the use of “privileged position”. Soon he will be calling out other posters for their micro aggressions.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  4. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Well, liberals here do behave like sharks in a feeding frenzy from time to time.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    You can interpret this any way you see fit. Repeat from what I posted above from the article:

Asked recently by a Yahoo Finance reporter if she gets sticker shock at the grocery store, she twice responded with an unequivocal “no.” Even though she says she does her own food shopping “every week,” she apparently finds it quite affordable.

Seems simple enough to me. If you want to split hairs, have at it. I think the meaning is clear enough.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  6. rivergator

rivergator Too Hot Mod Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    It's not a matter of splitting hairs. Words have meaning. She didn't say prices haven't risen. She said she's not in shock, not astonished when she walks into a grocery store and sees the prices. She also said she finds groceries affordable.
    She and her husband are worth between $8 and $20 million according to reports. My net worth is a good bit less than that. I have no trouble affording groceries.
    I'm not saying that no one does. I'm sure many do. But she was asked about herself.

At any rate, what she clearly didn't say is that prices haven't risen under Biden. You simply made that up.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  7. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    In my view, you did a great job of splitting hairs.

Our household can afford groceries too, but that doesn't stop my wife who does the grocery shopping from complaining about the high prices.

Bottom line, Janet Yellen is out of touch with the American people.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  8. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Typical of this poster, more deflection. Poster stated Yellen lied...with zero evidence. Poster called out on it, but it was "splitting hairs"? Typical Heritage Foundation opinion hit piece, low on any facts,

Last edited by a moderator: Jun 27, 2024 at 12:12 PM
    • Winner Winner x 2
  9. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Stop right there. Don't call me a liar. (shaking head)

Not true at all that there is no evidence. There is plenty of evidence in the article that I can't bring in due to posting policy. Go read it for yourself. How do I already know you won't do it?

• Dislike Dislike x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  10. coleg

coleg GC Hall of Fame

Sep 5, 2011
    Poster calls someone a liar, but it's "splitting hairs" when applied to him? No, I won't waste time on non-fact based Heritage hit piece. Feel free to present the "evidence" that Yellen lied though... how do we all know it won't be forthcoming?

11. ETGator1

ETGator1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Bottom line, insults are not allowed on this board. You are out of line calling me a liar, now a second time.

Again, read the story for yourself. Otherwise, stop addressing me.

There is absolutely nothing wrong in using the Heritage Foundation. Don't like it, don't participate.

12. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

She says SHE has no sticker shock. (Probably because she is a millionaire).

But she also admits that prices are up due to labor issues and "margin increases".

13. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    The column was a hit job on Yellen. Compared with prices a year ago or even two years ago I don't think anyone who went grocery shopping today would have sticker shock. Prices are only slightly higher. On the other hand if a consumer were magically transported from June 2020 to June 2024 he or she would indeed experience an extreme case of sticker shock. Yellen's reference was to the former not the latter.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. exiledgator

exiledgator Gruntled

Jan 5, 2010
    Maine
    This one doesn't even feel like a troll account like so many others do. I think this is genuine belief.

15. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Granpa Joe and granny Janet both need to retire (quickly).

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  16. BigCypressGator1981

BigCypressGator1981 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 11, 2011
    Out of touch with the American people is a fair criticism. You should have just lead with that instead of fabricating the part about her not seeing any price difference.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  17. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Unfortunately there isn't a viable alternative to "Grandpa Joe" at this point in time. The current alternative is even more cognitively diminished than Old Joe and on top his obvious decline he is also afflicted with Narcissistic Personality Disorder combined with extreme authoritarian tendencies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. philnotfil

philnotfil GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    You are repeating falsehoods, after having been corrected on them. What word would you like us to use to describe your behavior?

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  19. ThePlayer

ThePlayer VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The worst alternative is Kamala Harris actually making policy decisions.
    But of course, we all know this could be the 4th term of Barack Obama.

20. VAg8r1

VAg8r1 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    While Kamala Harris may have a likeability problem she is actually much better prepared for the presidency than Trump was back in 2016. She served four years as the Attorney General of the largest state in country, four years in the Senate and will have served at least four years as vice president. Despite the illusion that he was a business genius an image largely created by NBC to promote a successful reality television show Trump managed companies into bankruptcy six times including the only publicly-traded company that he managed which originally had a stock price of over $35 a share and ended up as a penny stock. He had to be bailed out by his father multiple times and he already a history of fraud including operating a fraudulent "university" and a charitable foundation whose primary charitable endeavor was enriching Donald Trump not to mention a history stiffing his employees and contractors. And although it wasn't public knowledge when he ran on a platform of controlling illegal immigration Trump also a history of hiring undocumented workers. In other words he contributed to a problem that he railed against.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1