Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs. St. Mary's, Sat 3/9, 1:00 pm

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Mar 8, 2024.

1. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    Man - Not too disappointed about missing this game. Pitching becoming a major issue. Get 'em tomorrow and take the series.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Win, lose, or draw,........ GO GATORS!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  3. Gator40

Gator40 Avada Kedavra

Apr 3, 2007
    Coach yes, but only he can do so much especially when one of the most important parts of the team is struggling. Someone already quoted Coach Sully from last night's game saying "we'll let them enjoy this win, but we have some notes for them for tomorrow's game." Didn't look like it worked. Sometimes you are who you are. Obviously you hope to see improvement and we shall see how the season progresses. Outside of taking 2 out of 3 from an average Miami team, there hasn't been much to write home about. We've played 14 games out of now 55, which is already a quarter of the season gone. We are giving up 6 runs per game overall and 9 runs in our losses.

Plenty of talent on this team, much of it young, so it will take time to gel and coach it up, but sometimes what you see is what you get. Look at LSU, they are 13-1 and haven't missed a beat.

4. toprowgator

toprowgator GC Legend

Jun 24, 2019
    No coach can compete, and I'm not advocating that we should compete, with NIL and the current transfer rules if the money isn't there. College athletics is in trouble.

5. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I have caught myself checking in on your updates from the future while sitting in the stadium.:emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing::emoji_laughing:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  6. uf1998

uf1998 Senior

Aug 19, 2023
    Why on earth would you be sour on the softball team? That team will be in the WCWS, THIS YEAR. I guarantee it. It's already one of the best trio of pitchers ever assembled, and they're all freshmen. This is a very exciting time for the softball program..

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1