Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs LSU, Mon 6/26, 7:00 pm EDT

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Jun 25, 2023.

1. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    Eh, he gets a lot of calls out of the zone. Both Waldrep and Sproat had a bunch of pitches called balls that were well inside the statcast box. Not really even borderline, fully inside the box.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  2. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    Truthfully, teams move on after a loss. I do not think such a huge loss is demoralizing to lsu who expects to win it all. I believe they will be determined as ever to make up for yesterdays embarrassment. I just hope our bats stay hot.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  3. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    There was a point in the game when I was telling one of my lsu buddies, you guys may want to put someone in to stop the bleeding. You’re giving some of our guys that really needed a boost in confidence a huge boost. Then at some point I went, damn, now we’re getting into big head territory not just a little boost. :D

Hopefully Cags has a good game today. He got some much needed confidence back yesterday. Someone mentioned that he has been very overwhelmed since arriving in Omaha. Hopefully the big game yesterday will help him get over the hump a bit. Bottom of the order continued to do their thing, and top of the order finally came alive. The bullpen is well rested. If the bats stay heated up, Cags gets us into the 6th or so with minimal damage, I really like our chances. We’ve been competitive even with our one and two only going four, but it sure would be nice to get a little deeper today.

Lets get it done, boys! We’ll be there with you!

• Like Like x 5
  4. deathroll

deathroll GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    St. Petersburg, FL
    I don’t need 24 runs. I’ll take 20. Well, as long as they come early, of course.

• Funny Funny x 1
  5. bayou_gator

bayou_gator Sophomore

Sep 8, 2013
    Among the savages
    Skenes is 21 years old and 6’6” @ 247 lbs. He last pitched Thursday. If he wants to start, he will.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  6. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Well, looks like you were correct, and I was wrong.

(from Tigerdroppings--so, assuming this is an accurate characteirzation).

JonTheTigerFan [​IMG]
    LSU Fan
    Central, LA
    Member since Nov 2003
    6548 posts
    [​IMG] Online
    Skip said he would start Hurd
    Posted on 6/26/23 at 12:30 pm
    [​IMG]109[​IMG]5
    And bring Skenes in for 3 innings.

Said it on 104.5 with Ott

EDIT: i misread the quote. He's basically saying if he were coach, he's start. I figured he was in the know, and was relaying the decision before the announcedment. So, it appears the jury's still out.

Last edited: Jun 26, 2023
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  7. Jonesie

Jonesie Recruit

Sep 13, 2014
    We don't need to save anyone. There is no tomorrow. Throw everything and everyone we have at them!

8. Distant Gator

Distant Gator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Upstate, SC
    My 2 cents as a former athlete..the loss will not hurt LSU.
    IMO they put it behind them yesterday before the final out.

But the big win will help us. Momentum is a real thing especially in baseball.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    We love it whenever Florida plays for another Championship!

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
  10. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I didn’t say we needed to save anyone. Our starter making it deeper into the game is generally a good sign though.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    They big mad after that whooping and they are certainly going to want to exact some revenge. Both for yesterday and ‘17. Hopefully that means they’re pressing and continue to make some mistakes. I would sure like to get out on top early and crush their souls!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  12. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    @ocalaman

Follow up/Edit to above: I misread the quote. He's basically saying if he were coach, he's start Hurd. I figured he was in the know, and was relaying the decision before the announcement--and the ensuing thread seemed to take it so.

But it appears the jury's still out.

fwiw.

13. phatGator

phatGator GC Hall of Fame

Dec 3, 2007
    Dayton, Ohio
    I was at lunch today at a restaurant here in Ohio and the group in the booth behind me were discussing the Gator clobbering of LSU yesterday. It was so nice to hear!

• Like Like x 6
    • Funny Funny x 1
  14. Jonesie

Jonesie Recruit

Sep 13, 2014
    I was piling on to your comment, not countering it.

15. ocalaman

ocalaman GC Hall of Fame

Jun 30, 2018
    No problem. We'll all know soon enough. :)

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. Gatorcola

Gatorcola GC Legend

Jun 14, 2014
    Moving on is true for both teams. A college team that I announced games for this summer won a game 26-6 in game one of a double header and lost the second game 22-12. Longest DH you could imagine.

• Funny Funny x 2
  17. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    I've seen comments about Cags being dragged down by the pressure of the CWS. I don't doubt there are guys on the team who are wide-eyed at the big crowds and the odd level of media attention and such, but that is exactly the reason Sully has notes from seven past CWS trips and has applied the lessons from successes and mistakes he has made himself and observed in other coaches.

While any player has slumps and streaks, my opinion is that Jac, with Wyatt, has been a top focus from opponents, in the same way Gators try extra hard to prevent Crews and White from beating them.

Good pitching is tough for even the best batters, but batters as good as Cags often jump on any pitching mistake. On Sunday, LSU put somewhat lesser arms on the mound- the weakest Gators have faced in Omaha- and the whole team devoured them. When the Gators brought in their own second level relievers, LSU had no answer. The LSU late HR on Saturday was a killer. Did anyone notice they also had a late HR on Sunday? The LSU pitchers today likely will do better, but I hope they fall short again.

Finally, Gators have the huge advantage of starting the CWS on Friday- while LSU waited until Saturday- and then having sailed through their bracket in three games, while LSU had to play five. That's why Skenes won't get a regular, rested start against UF.

We have a couple more hours to toss around blather like I just did, but it will be a fun evening and I hope, an even more fun off-season.

• Like Like x 3
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. BillyBall89

BillyBall89 GC Legend

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  19. bayou_gator

bayou_gator Sophomore

Sep 8, 2013
    Among the savages

• Like Like x 1
  20. maxgator

maxgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Perhaps, I can't count
    I don't care when they come or how many... Just more than LSU.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1