Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs LSU, Mon 6/26, 7:00 pm EDT

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Jun 25, 2023.

1. soonersfan

soonersfan Recruit

Jun 28, 2017
    I totally agree that LSU and Gators are both evenly matched teams, it was a fun series and congratulations to the Gators and fans on a fantastic season! The Gators will be back!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Yep no doubt, that was a huge momentum killer

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    We were one of the last two standing in the entire country. Hats off to these boys for a phenomenal year. Still glad we made the drive out to Omaha. We stayed until the last pitch and watched them dogpile on our way out. There were still lots of gators there at the end and we still got a ton of “Go Gators” walking to the car.

I would like to add, I never heard any of our fans yesterday yelling some of the vile things LSU fans were screaming at us today. We all have our asshats, but LSU fans are on another level. I’m proud of our team and all the fans that made the trip.

Go Gators! We’ll get em next year!

• Winner Winner x 5
    • Agree Agree x 2
  4. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Try living here in Louisiana, amongst these @$$holes !!!

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. bigDgator

bigDgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Thanks again Gal. Appreciate you very much. Sucks to lay an egg on the big stage like this. This is going to be like the Nebraska game in 1995. Hopefully the baseball team can do what the football team did the following season.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 2
  6. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Glad I don't know any lsu fans...none live around me down here

• Like Like x 2
  7. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I have a couple friends that are lsu fans and they are about as classy as they come, but man they seem to be in the minority, and they would tell you that. One of them was telling us we should get the f’ out of the stadium in the 8th. We were close to an exit going the opposite direction of home plate so we slipped out easily after the game.

• Like Like x 1
  8. MtownGator

MtownGator GC Hall of Fame

Sep 1, 2012
    Memphis,TN
    Win or lose. Congrats kids on making it this far. Loads of kids dream of getting here. We all wanted more, but that's a tall order.

• Like Like x 3
  9. jeffphillips21

jeffphillips21 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 20, 2009
    Vancouver
    we still outscored them by 5. let's go with that as the narrative. crap way to end, but what a ride...thanks Gators

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 2
  10. ilovethegators

ilovethegators Freshman

Jun 25, 2023
    That is sadly life in sports

• Agree Agree x 4
  11. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Be thankful !!! Unfortunately, I have family that bandwagon LSU fans. I try to ignore them

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  12. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    We will get even the next time...their football and basketball programs were proven to be cheaters, and forfeited a bunch of games...who knows what goes on with their baseball program and that coach..

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    My only laugh was that late in the game, the ESPN/LSU announcers finally addressed the fact that one of their favorite data points, the CWS ERA of the LSU bullpen. It had been a good number until they gave up 20 on Sunday. They presented a graphic of that ERA for the entire CWS, EXCLUDING Sunday's game. I hope the now will present Florida's 2023 record excluding Monday's game and will call us co-champions.

More on the topic of ESPN statistics, they again cited White's amazinly high BA when Crews is on base, but used the BA he achieved all season- an amazing number- without recomputing it with his performance in the three final games. White had a terrific season, CWS and performance against UF. He was worthy of MVP (was he?), but ESPN was oddly stupid about the matchup.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  14. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    I dont know about what goes on in baseball now. But, if they had ever investigated those Skip Bertman teams, it would not shock me if steroids were in play. Cant prove it, but it was a little odd how big those teams were back then.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    • Agree Agree x 1
  15. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    Was a fun ride with many Gator good times! Been a Gator fan for many years and have seen elation from big wins and have been deflated after tough losses, but,..... the sun always rises and hope springs eternal. Always great knowing it's great to be a Florida Gator!
    GO GATORS!!!!
    Thanks GatorGal for all you have done for all of us fans every game. I am not always able to join in ongoing game threads but have totally enjoyed being able to keep up with the game while checking g the stats game tracker (love it), then being able to chime in with the many knowledgeable fans on here.
    Great season Gators, get back there and win it!
    As always, GO GATORS!!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  16. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    It was fun ride while it happened... but (during interviews) I always felt like we had one player reaching for some other goal. And it felt like we have one cog in the team not quit plugged into the big picture...

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Me neither... I can't tell you how much I despise that whole university and their fans... I will not speak to "Gator fans" that congratulate them. They are to me human festering soil....

I will say that I am proud of our Gator baseball players... They are champions in my mind.

Last edited: Jun 27, 2023
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Come On Man Come On Man x 1
  18. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Cmon Rick. Human festering soil, for congratulating LSU?

I know LSU Fan can be pretty obnoxious and rude, their school cheats, and their AD, if he's still there, a classless prick.

But they have a very loyal following, a solid athletic program, and from my experience (i know a few), a lot of good ppl amongst that following.

...and the team they fielded was a damn worthy champion who earned their championship.

They advanced even uglier than we did, and had to take down the #1 & 2 teams in the country--back to back. They had to take us on, on a day's rest, while we got 4. And they bounced back brilliantly after that world class ass whoopn our boys laid on them last night.

I tip my hat to em in all sincerity, and with respect--and congratulate them.

Ultimately, they're Champs bc they rose to the occasion, and we did not, when it counted most.

Cest la vie.

It doesn't undo the extraordinary accomplishments this Gator team achieved, and tipping your hat to LSU doesn't either--just acknowledges that at the end of the day, when it was just our boys and theirs, theirs proved the worthier.

Jmho/fwiw.

• Like Like x 3
    • Winner Winner x 3
  19. Pnick81

Pnick81 All American

Feb 1, 2015
    At least we scored more runs than they did over the weekend. ‍

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Matthanuf06

Matthanuf06 GC Hall of Fame

Sep 13, 2007
    This doesn’t make sense. Baseball is not like other sports. It’s highly individual. Even if a players motivation isn’t fully team oriented, his personal motivation still helps the team. Do you think a pitcher that throws poorly helps his draft stock?

The only draft eligible player that this could potentially apply to is Rivera. And his approach was passive, so it’s closer to say the pressure got to him rather than saying his selfish desires caused him to push too hard.

Cags isn’t draft eligible but even if he was possibly included here….he is what he is. On the bump he is a thrower with serious command issues. That’s not new. Offensively he has massive power with a mediocre approach. Again not new. He’s just a far different type of hitter than Langford or Crews. We just got the bad side of the huge variance he can display