Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball vs. FAMU, Fri 6/2, 5:30 pm

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, May 31, 2023.

1. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    Different NCAA old guy this year. He could pass for 75, but maybe he's just had a hard life. He was prepared to get through ankle high water and still keep his pants dry. I did like him better than the other guy.

• Funny Funny x 1
  2. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville

3. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    It was a clean infield hit. Not hit hard, but it found the right spot. Josh did well to keep it out of right center- no shift, but he still got to it well to the right of 2B. He immediately threw home, no hesitation or checking out what was happening. If the guy had scored, it would have been a heads up ply, but he was 20 feet from home when BT took the throw. FAMU guy was wrong, but Josh gets credit for a very good play.

• Agree Agree x 3
  4. TheBoss

TheBoss Premium Member

Jun 22, 2010
    Gainesville
    Sorry so many people didn't enjoy the game. I thought it was the match up we deserve in a Regional. We've had some tough games from 4 seeds over the years and this was a game both teams played well, but Gators seemed in control from the tart. I like blowouts, but this was simply a well played game. I agree the final two outs were bad, but FAMU guys knew they had to make magic to win. Both times, Gators made good defensive plays, fast heads up throws, good catches and tags by BT. Winning play, Gators.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  5. WESGATORS

WESGATORS Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    First shut out in the postseason since TCU in 2017 to advance to the Championship Series, I believe.

First home shut out in the postseason since SWAC in the 2016 Super.

First postseason opening shutout since FAMU in 2015.

Go GATORS!
    ,WESGATORS

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  6. gtr2x

gtr2x GC Hall of Fame

Aug 21, 2007
    Just glad Cags brought his A game to the mound.

• Like Like x 2