Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at Vandy, Sat 4/20, 3:00 pm

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Apr 20, 2024.

1. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

Are you really serious about playing first base does not require physical exertion and is not a strenuous position shane??? Have you seen the stretches, spilts, jumps, bend-twists and tags that Cags has made for our defense? It takes one helluva athlete to play that position the way he does. He is able to do those things because he’s fresh……His play at first base exemplifies that.

If he’s moved up in the start rotation in post season so be it. But we’ve got to get there first.

• Winner Winner x 4
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  2. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    This non stop babble all season long is mind numbing.
    How the hell would we miss out on the ncaa tournament "waiting to pitch cags"?? He has been in the rotation all season and hasn't missed a start. He has exactly the same number of starts as if he were the Fri starter. If Cags is available and it's a must win single game he will throw...we all seem to understand that except for you.
    Here's another newsflash, if he started on Fri and our offense struggles against the opponents #1, then cags loses AND we don't have a quality Sunday starter, that spells sweep. Pitching backward makes all the sense in the world given the way the team is playing AND the fact Cags is a crucial defender and hitter

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Winner Winner x 4
  3. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Sully even mentioned that re his legs.....everyone seems to get it with the lone exception

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. gator7_5

gator7_5 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    May have been discussed in here, but why are there no severe penalties for cheating in baseball? I've seen multiple pitchers ejected this year. Is it, "oh well, that's baseball" mentality?

5. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. astrogator

astrogator Senior

Feb 20, 2024
    He can play first base on Sunday if he starts Friday, hence why I said he can only play first base one game a weekend if he starts Friday or Saturday. The different scenarios would be:

Fri P, Sat DH, Sun 1B
    Fri 1B, Sat P, Sun DH
    Fri 1B, Sat 1B, Sun P

If he moves up in the rotation during the regular season my guess is we pitch him on one Saturday followed by a Friday the next week that way his rest cycle isn’t messed up too much too fast. I know Sully was toying with that idea earlier in the year. For the SEC tournament he definitely should be the game 1 starter since we won’t be getting that first round bye. It’s win or go home. For regionals however I still would rather have Cags on the bump in game 2 probably facing a top seed host or with our backs against the wall trying to survive elimination. Then again that might be highly dependent on who we face. If we draw a tough 2 or 3 seed as our opponent then we might have to pitch Cags game 1.

• Winner Winner x 1
  7. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    I’ll worry about the regionals when and if we actually make a regional.

• Agree Agree x 4
  8. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    All further debate on this subject will cease in a game thread.
    Please use the thread made specifically for this topic. You'll find it on page 4 due to lack of use.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1