Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at TX Tech, Sat 6/3, 6:00 pm

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Jun 2, 2023.

1. subrogator

subrogator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Sometimes it takes me three or four tries opening the ESPN+ app to find our game.

2. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    We're the #2 National Seed and we're not on the regular ESPN channels? The SEC channel is broadcasting Kentucky vs Indiana? Makes no sense. We're the top ranked SEC team in the tournament- how about a little love.

• Agree Agree x 4
  3. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

We had no problem with it here.

4. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    Yes there is a large lot behind Fifield Hall (not 50 acres but large) the problem there - as evidenced last night-- is on departure heading North. The Gator Nation spirit is always on display with courteous behavior by drivers but there is a bottle neck leaving the lot onto Memorial Drive and another one at the corner of Museum and Memorial Drive. There is need for traffic control personnel at that corner as some cars try to turn south and have to wait for courtesy from the line of cars heading N on Musuem. It was complete grid lock last night and in frustration many drivers turned around and headed out via Hull Rd -counter traffic flow - causing more issues. First time I've encountered gridlock of this magnitude this year.
    One suggestion: UPD develops a plan for one way traffic flow for 30 minutes after the game and deploys more traffic control personnel post game.

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    What else was going on, on campus? I know there was something going on at the performing arts center, and they had the garage closed off to baseball traffic, but I’ve been to games with crowds that large without that much traffic. Whatever was going on at the pac isn’t what was clogging things up before the game. I still was able to park pretty easily and was on 75 heading to Alachua about five minutes after getting to my car after the game. There was definitely something extra going on yesterday, but the impact was minimal, imo. I sometimes wonder if any of you guys have ever attended a football game.

6. crescent_beach

crescent_beach GC Legend

Sep 25, 2016
    A postgame “soda pop” or three from your cooler tends to take the edge off a lot of traffic issues. Drive responsibly, etc etc.

7. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Oh yes, paid my 10 bucks for the bus ride in plenty of times. 85,000 is a little more than 7,000. BHG is mostly pinned in and the parking is what it is, not much chance to change it. Baseball has several plots of land that could be used for parking. I'm not picking any one spot. That's for others to decide. My issue if I park 8n Fifield they dont let you head South so I get there extra early to park in the main lot. So why not give more people access to Baseball way from Fifield.

8. NitroSmoke

NitroSmoke GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    For whatever reason I couldnt get ESPN to work on my Firestick. But it worked on the TV with the internal app loaded on it. Was kind of weird.

9. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    I know 85k is a lot more than 7. That was kinda my point. It clears out pretty quick after baseball, comparatively speaking. I just don’t seem to have all the issues some others seem to always have. Yesterday was busy, and there were some other things going on around campus. I drove through the main lot, it was full, parked within 5 minutes of clearing the main lot, and got to 75 in about 5 minutes of reaching my vehicle after the game. That’s not my preferred route home, but it’s the quickest way for me to get moving after the game. I’ve never been delayed more than 5-10 minutes leaving a baseball or softball game. Yesterday was one of the busier days and I had no issues at all. The only thing that would have made it better was if traffic just cleared an open lane for me directly from my spot on campus into my garage at home and I almost had that as it was.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I'm more interested in reducing my walk and access and not have to leave my house 3 hours before the game. I have no problem with the traffic as long as I park in the main lot but it fills up so fast. Im one of those that stand by the stairs before the last out and then rush to my car before the crowds hit the main lot. Baseball Way is great for us that live south of Gainesville but you can only use it if you park in the main lot.

11. crescent_beach

crescent_beach GC Legend

Sep 25, 2016
    You sound like those auto insurance commercials about “how to not turn into your parents”. No worries, I give my folks the same amount of ——. :D

• Funny Funny x 4
  12. KidProQuo

KidProQuo Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I live 10 miles from the stadium, I leave 40 minutes before game time, I always find a place to park, the walk is never more than 10 minutes and I never miss the first pitch. I’m 71 years old. You young people sure bellyache a lot.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  13. propagator

propagator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida plays Football?

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  14. Gatorgal04

Gatorgal04 Lowly Fan Moderator

Apr 3, 2007
    Titletown, FL
    At game 1. FAMU up 2-1 due to 2 HR’s. Their #1 pitcher is doing a great job so far. They also threw out a UConn player at home.
    UConn just tied it up with a single up the middle, T4. And they add two. Looks like FAMU wore out their #1 guy in the past week (90 pitches after 4 today). UConn 4-2, B4.
    FAMU with another homer.
    FAMU finally sits Viets after 103 pitches. UConn up 5-3, T5 with 2 outs.
    After 5, tied at 5. UConn catcher tried to gun down a runner going to 2B and threw it into center field, scoring 1.
    After 7, still tied at 5.
    Final UConn 9-6.

Last edited: Jun 3, 2023
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  15. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    Baseball way is the old research drive? I left that way yesterday, but was not parked in the main lot. I stay in my seat until the game is over, so I’m never one of the first to my car. Usually I can park in the main lot if I’m an hour early. Yesterday I was just over an hour early, but the lot was full, and my second choice was closed to baseball fans. I prefer to exit onto Hull and take radio road back to 34th, but when it’s busy, I slip out the back and take williston road to 75.

• Informative Informative x 1
  16. paidinfull

Feb 22, 2017
    The 4th was not so kind to the FAMU pitcher. Look for UCONN to keep pulling away. I’m pulling for FAMU, but not very optimistic. And as I type this, FAMU hits another dinger.

17. gatorstevelp

gatorstevelp Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    The orange trees themselves are no big deal but the ongoing research going on with them is something you just don’t want to throw away without completing.

• Agree Agree x 4
  18. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

UCONN safety squeeze with success for a run in the 8th and 9th innings. Bottom of 9th — UCONN 9/ FAMU 6 rattlers coming to bat.

• Informative Informative x 1
  19. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    Too bad for FAMU- was hoping they could win one.
    BTW- got home from running errands and was searching for a competitive baseball game on TV and all were near blowouts and...SEC channel had the LSU spring football game on-- are you kidding me?
    Looking forward to a good game in a few hours at the Park.

20. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

77—

Auburn vs SoMiss has just started.

• Like Like x 1