Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at LSU, Sun 6/25, 3:00 pm EDT

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Jun 24, 2023.

1. MCB51

MCB51 Moderator

Nov 23, 2015
    FL
    Bats did wake up :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  2. Matherly87

Matherly87 GC Hall of Fame

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Strange I read thru all of the thread and after the game was over I didn't find one poster complaining about how many runners we left on base. Huh I wonder if it was more than yesterday's game. Oh what do you know. Yesterday we left 6 runners on base. Today we left 8. Dang, sorry if I spoiled your mood.

Last edited: Jun 25, 2023
    • Funny Funny x 7
    • Like Like x 2
  3. GatorRade

GatorRade Rad Scientist

Apr 3, 2007
    Kurland had some game. Scored 4 runs by getting on base in basically every which way there is.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  4. Zepgator

Zepgator GC Legend

Oct 18, 2010
    I’m not sure if this is a joke or the lamest guilt trip towards fans with valid frustrations about our lack of hitting in the CWS prior to this game.

5. TWGator

TWGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Viera, FL
    They told Jobu to take a hike. LoathsomeBriskIchidna-mobile.jpg

• Funny Funny x 3
  6. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    Damn, I did not see anything like this outcome coming (who could?) but it was a delight to see it transpire. The Evans HR and Purnell (remember him?) getting White to bounce into the DP in the 3rd- turned this baby around in a flash. Scoring 24 in baseball is near impossible. Keep the bats in a hot room and with Cags back in the groove let's hope it carries over to the bump and his control. All hands on deck tomorrow with the exception of Sproat and Waldrep- so let's get it on and win this baby! Go Gators!

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  7. GatorLurker

GatorLurker GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Tomorrow is another game.

We can't use any runs we scored today in that game.

Skenes might pitch some and I expect him to do so. He is a real talent. I wish him no harm but damn he has thrown a lot of pitches lately for free when next year they will all be for a lot of $s.

I like Cags pitching tomorrow.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
  8. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    The point is winning solves all of your team's problems. That and this is the game of baseball.

• Like Like x 3
  9. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Sometimes it's good to be wrong.

Sometimes it's damn good to be reeeaaalllly wrong.

:p

• Like Like x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  10. gator34654

gator34654 GC Hall of Fame

Jun 5, 2007
    1. Top of the lineup needs to produce. Fail. 2. Need to win game one. Fail. 3. Need to limit the long ball. Fail.

Seems we were due for a bad game after winning so many in a row. So, what are my keys for todays game? 1 Limit LSU to no more than 4 runs. 2. Our bats must come alive as a team. 3. Our relief pitching without Fisher and Neely must come through.

In the event we lose today, what a great ride. This team is SEC champs and no worse than #2 in all college baseball. This team more than not gave us all something to enjoy and be proud of. Go Gators.

My post earlier today on a different post that I created. Pretty prophetic.

• Like Like x 5
  11. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    I really like the straight-forward way you call out some of the complaints about Sully, or some other heat-of-the-moment crap that doesn't age well. Most amusing...

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  12. 92gator

92gator GC Hall of Fame

Jun 14, 2007
    Perhaps it's just a reminder to keep perspective, and appreciate the process that got us:

To freakn Omaha...

....and to the finals.

There's been a whole lotta ugly along the way. And it's been a long damn way.

Even if we lose 25-2 tomorrow, it will go down as a helluva season.

The point then, as I read it, is that you can't separate the ugly from the ultimate beauty, bc maybe all you'd wind up with, is a clean, perfectly executed loss, in one of the many fugly win or go home wins.

Eggs get broke when you make an omlette....paint surely spilt when DaVinci painted the Mona Lisa...

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  13. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    I've read the gator1977 post twice and never find the word embarrassed or any other mention of it. It looks mainly positive to me about the turn around that surprised many of us and scoring 24 runs and getting ready for tomorrow. I don't see any of those suggestions as being embarrassing do you?
    Asking for a moderator friend....

• Like Like x 2
  14. gator1977

gator1977 GC Legend

Apr 15, 2019
    BTW, if you folks want a laugh, please see the headline under D1 Baseball's Kendall Rogers byline this morning...
    "K. Rogers: Once maligned, LSU pitching staff locked in more than ever"

Record setting implosion by that same LSU staff today- so perhaps a bit of an ill-timed article Kendall. Rogers is a TAM guy, a bit arrogant and seems to pick against the Gators a lot so enjoy! Hubris in a sports writer is annoying.

• Like Like x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Funny Funny x 1
  15. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    So,.... are we the Home team Monday night?

GO GATORS!!!!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Not only that, if he does play, how effective is he going to be after 240 or so pitches in a week' time? If he is not "on", it spells trouble for LSU. My guess is, he will start but have a short leash, for 2 reasons, his arm begans to hurt, or if we are hitting him solid early. I think it is a big risk for him to go beyond 2 or 3 innings.

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. gatormonk

gatormonk GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Love that cheer. One of my favorite memories of that cheer is walking down the concourse of the Orange bowl after we beat the Miami hurricanes with all the Gator fan shouting "It's great to be a Florida Gator!" The Miami fans were mad! lol.

• Like Like x 4
  18. Matherly87

Oct 3, 2016
    Ocala, FL
    Well that's fine but I wouldn't judge another valued poster on here by picking a few upsetting posts during a baseball year. Sure if you remember we got run ruled 3 times this year and lost a few other head scratchers to the likes of South Florida, JU and getting swept at Carolina. There were a few troubling losses along the way, its his opinion, but all the positive things 77 has added along the way mean far more tonight than where we stand right now. I just don't understand the attacks some posters on here try to dredge back up when we are on the verge of another National Championship. Others are so focused on giving out dislikes and disagrees to other posters instead of focusing on just winning the game. And we sit here and complain about all the stuck up LSU fans and how obnoxious they are. Please try and be true to others when it counts most so we all can enjoy the game tomorrow.
    And frankly paidinfull I think you are better than that and appreciate what you usually try to add.

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 2
  19. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Waldrep threw 83 pitches today, Sproat threw 111 yesterday......so no, everybody is NOT Available

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Informative Informative x 2
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  20. GATORAJE

GATORAJE GC Legend

Apr 8, 2007
    Has anyone visited any of the LSU boards? What are they saying? I have no desire to venture there.

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1