Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Baseball at LSU, Fri 3/22, 8:00 pm ET

Discussion in 'GatorGrowl's Diamond Gators' started by Gatorgal04, Mar 20, 2024.

1. shane4three

shane4three GC Hall of Fame

Dec 24, 2014
    Yeah, I just can’t even believe that this may contact once in a while style keeps people in the lineup. Just so old-school in my mindset à la Pete, Rose, and make contact. Baseball guys from the past that proved it on the field like Pete always said they would take three or four singles over one homer normally. Of course the game-winning walk off is great and I think we all get that but a guy that has 3 singles could end up driving in 4-5 runs.

2. jaxg8r

jaxg8r VIP Member

Jan 21, 2008
    So, here we go with the Gators Baseball fans are spoiled spin. Here are a few thoughts from a spoiled Gator Baseball fan.

No top ranked major college baseball team should ever have (17) strikeouts in a nine inning game. I don't care who you're facing. As a reminder, they made Michael Roth from USCe look like the second coming of Sandy Koufax in the 2011 CWS. Make in game adjustments. There is zero chance you'll get on a base if you don't put the ball in play. The majority of their current lineup needs to take launch angle and exit velocity off the bat, out of their vernacular. Just square up the ball, and hit it hard. The results might surprise you.

Recruiting them and then developing players are two equally important parts of a successful baseball program. At the start of SEC play, and 21 games into the season, to say this team is a work in progress is being kind. And as an extension of this point. Getting rid of Craig Bell sooner would have likely helped in player development. I'm a Chuck Jeroloman fan, and hope he'll be on staff for a long time.

And I'll continue to beat this drum. Regardless of the sport. Good coaches have good players, and great coaches have great players.

Off the top of my head. 2017 Gator Baseball players that cashed checks at low to high levels of professional baseball. Notice a pattern? It rhymes with stitcher.
    Brady Singer
    Alex Faedo
    Michael Byrne
    Jackson Kowar
    Tyler Dyson
    Dalton Guthrie
    Johnathan India
    Mike Rivera

Go Gators!

3. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    I know Shelnut was as surprised as the rest of us.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. jhfxof

jhfxof GC Hall of Fame

Apr 21, 2007
    They only need 39 in next 2...;)

5. MatsideObserver

MatsideObserver GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2008
    Top 4 in the lineup 0-14 with 12 K’s.

6. apkgator

apkgator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I also am a huge Jeroloman fan, thought he was a fantastic pickup. But not sure how we can be talking about Craig Bell at this point. Jeroloman has been here 5 years....the recruiting and development solely lies with this staff and that includes Jeroloman.

• Agree Agree x 3
  7. 74nole

74nole GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Marianna, Fl

The team ended up with 17 K’s on the night. Obviously their approaches need some attention.

8. paidinfull

paidinfull GC Hall of Fame

Feb 22, 2017
    If we can figure out how to split the fridays and saturdays, we’ll be in good shape for series wins most weekends. A tall task though.

Some idiot a few rows behind me a few nights ago made a Craig Bell comment every time one of our hitters made an out. The first time, I thought it was a joke. The tenth time, I thought I’d singled out pete the repeater from diamond gators.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  9. albertasdad

albertasdad Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Central Gla
    Yep. To a perfect day! :)