Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Asking for prayers [Updates at Posts #113, #131 and #157]

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by DawgFanFromAlabam, Aug 15, 2022.

1. username

username GC Hall of Fame

Aug 17, 2017
    Glad to hear it my guy

• Agree Agree x 1
  2. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    Fight the good fight, blessings my Brother.

3. tripsright

tripsright GC Legend

Dec 2, 2021
    Florida
    Wonderful update, Dawg!

4. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    Happy for you Dawg!

5. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Dawg, I am glad to here the good reports and I have been praying for you along the way. God can do amazing things.

I know some of you in this thread were praying for my cancer battle and I greatly appreciated that very much. I know prayers are what got me get through all of this.

Here is a recap and update of my cancer journey.

April 1 had routine colonoscopy that showed a pretty large tumor. After scans, cancer was seen in a few surrounding lymph nodes, and was diagnosed as stage three cancer because it had not metastasized.

In October I finished my chemo treatments. Those treatments are not fun and had to have three of the last four in the hospital (three 4 day stays). I was scanned again and the scans came back with no detectable tumor.

In November they scoped me again and found that the tumor had shrunk but was not gone. It did not show on the previous scan because it was covered by scar tissue. It had shrunk enough to do the ileostomy which was going to happen no matter what (even if tumor gone) because of years having ulcerative colitis.

Dec 1st: I had an ileostomy to remove my colon. That went very well.

Jan 6: Re-scanned and found no cancer. Pathology report showed tumor was contained in the colon and the lymph nodes that the cancer was in previously showed no cancer. Long story short is that currently all tests show that cancer is gone. Will be getting scanned every three months for the next two years and then every six months four an additional five years.

I currently am getting use to a new normal which is a good thing because I am not dealing with the UC anymore. I have two side effects from the chemo and would appreciate additional prayer. I have blood clots in my right leg and in the portal vein in my liver. I also have neuropathy in my hands and feet. I cant' feel my feet or my fingers. Hopefully these things go away soon.

Once again, thank you for all the prayers.

• Like Like x 3
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    Best news ever, isn't it. Amazing strides in the ongoing fight to defeat this beast. When I heard my diagnosis of stage 4 cancer just 4 years ago this month, I was almost certain I would never see the end of 2019. Yet here I am, 4 years later still enjoying my family and the extended years God has granted to me.

I rejoice with you and all who have defeated this pernicious disease.

Anyone reading this, please consider donating to St Jude and M D Anderson that others may live.

• Like Like x 2
    • Friendly Friendly x 2
  7. lacuna

lacuna The Conscience of Too Hot Moderator VIP Member

Apr 8, 2007
    Redlands, Colorado
    @bperkins10 ...They will continue. May God bless you in your struggle with this beast.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. kes

kes GC Hall of Fame

May 26, 2007
    DeLand, FL
    Glad to hear this news!

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Truly a miracle. God Blessed you. May his shining and healing light continue to protect you.:emoji_sun_with_face:

So happy for you. How cool is that? OMG. A miracle, for sure.:emoji_thumbsup:

Good for you!:emoji_vulcan:Live long and prosper!

Blessings

Go Gators:)

• Like Like x 1
  10. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    Great News Dawg!

Glad to hear it.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. seffnergator

seffnergator Sophomore

Apr 20, 2007
    seffner,fla.
    Good luck and healing going forward.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. gcger520

gcger520 Freshman

Jun 27, 2019
    Awesome. Too good not to believe!

13. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Bperkins, Lacuna, Dawgfan, Ray, and others -- thanks for having the courage to share your stories. And also reach out for support.

It's good to let folks know, and it must be somewhat cathartic to let it out and share your reality and truth- the struggles, the journey, and some wins. While I love this site, the true value for me is to be a part of the meaningful and mindful process. If I know, I can direct my prayers.

Thank you...

Blessings

Go Gators.

• Winner Winner x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Wish I would have said that Wish I would have said that x 1
  14. Mika

Mika Premium Member

Oct 31, 2010
    Dawgfan, that is Hom 100% looking out for you. This is Him reminding you that you still have purpose in your life. Give thanks and continue to give glory to God. He is better than we deserve. Thank you very much for being brave and letting us into your life. Know that you are not alone. He is with you always, and so are we despite our allegiance to different schools. Stay blessed.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  15. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Amazing story @Lacuna! ! Thank you for sharing your victory for all who fight with the beast. If I could see just one thing in my lifetime it would be the cure

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

What an amazing success story. Thank you for sharing with us DFFA — and CONGRATULATIONS!!

17. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Just had my 7 month post treatment liver cancer scan/bloodwork because of getting that pacemaker in month 6. The pacemaker is AWESOME, makes me feel 20-30 years younger!

Scan was clean! No sign of cancer anywhere. Bloodwork showed my liver tumor marker is WAY down. Doc said I’m not out the woods yet but it doesn’t ever look any better than this!!

I feel Christ’s presence in my body. He is healing me. He is answering my prayers and those of so many friends and folks I’ve never even met like “rival” Gator fans that opened their hearts to an old Dawg fan they don’t even know. I will take that feeling to my eventual grave. My words are inadequate to express my admiration and thanks. Please still lift me up - God is hearing us!!!

Without early detection that He provided, I would have died before the end of last year. Amazed and alive by Grace.

• Winner x 11
    • Like x 7
    • Friendly x 7
    • Best Post Ever x 3
    • Agree x 1
  18. incoldblood

incoldblood GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2016
    Great to hear Dawg, thanks for the update. If that 20 to 30 years younger is in dawg years, then 3 to 4 years for us humans.

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Agree Agree x 1
  19. bperkins10

bperkins10 GC Legend

May 25, 2007
    Illinois
    Thanks for the update. Glad to hear things are looking good. God is good.

I get my 6 month scans on 6 July. Praying those come back clean.

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’m glad to hear you’re going to be with us in the future. Jesus don’t love dawgs though so the debil must have given you a pass. Play that fiddle good boy.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1