Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Asking for prayers [Updates at Posts #113, #131 and #157]

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by DawgFanFromAlabam, Aug 15, 2022.

1. AuldG8R

AuldG8R All American

Dec 11, 2007
    Prayers and get well wishes for you Dawg.

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  2. Crikey

Crikey GC Hall of Fame

Feb 25, 2011
    :emoji_pray:

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  3. 2oldgator

2oldgator GC Legend

Jul 14, 2021
    Dunnellon fl
    My prayers are with you, Dawg.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Mods, please merge with my earlier post about having cancer and post the post # in the title should that be how it’s done. Thx.

First trip to MD Anderson early last month scan showed 2 of the 3 “suspicious” lymph nodes had returned to normal and the Tumor Board would review my case the following week. Tumor had increased from 5.5 cm when diagnosed early August to 6.6 cm.

Second visit early this month had a lymph node biopsy that came back negative - no cancer in lymph system and no metastasis elsewhere. Met with the radioembolization team (y-90 therapy, implanted isotopes) and radiation oncology (CT-guided radiation, their “gold standard”) team. Chose the latter. So impressed with that team.

Third trip was last week. Tumor had only grown to 6.7 cm and still no involvement with vascular system. “Perfect candidate” according to the doctor. Had fiducial markers (small carbon seeds) implanted alongside tumor to help aim the radiation. Had a Simulation lab done where they make a mold to lay in to immobilize me during treatment and used video googles to train me how much to hold my breath.

Start 3 weeks of 5 day a week treatment after the WLOCP. Nurse Practitioner and Doctor have both said they believe I will be cured. Doctor, head of the lab there, returned a call last Friday while on travel at a conference at Harvard. What doctor does that these days?!

God stopped the aggressive tumor from growing before it hit a vein or artery. Another miracle. EVERYTHING I’ve needed, prayed for has been delivered. I’m humbled.

Please continue prayers or good thoughts. They’re working! And having you guys show up for me means the world to me. So grateful.

• Like Like x 18
    • Friendly Friendly x 5
  5. lerxst6

lerxst6 GC Legend

Apr 11, 2007
    Naples
    Great news for you and your family Dawg!

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. igabradley

igabradley GC Hall of Fame

Apr 9, 2007
    Chattahoochee
    Great news! Just remember this is the same God that parted the sea and the Hebrews crossed on dry ground. Nothing is impossible for him!

• Winner Winner x 3
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. AuldG8R

AuldG8R All American

Dec 11, 2007
    Motor on through Dawg. This weekend in particular we Gators are unlikely to feel kindly towards any Dawg, but in your case I'm sure we can make an exception. Get better for the next WLOCP!

• Like Like x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  8. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Sounds like really encouraging news DFFA. Extremely happy for you!

9. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Best wishes for good health!

10. GornGator

GornGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Winter Park, FL.
    PRAISE to our GOD for all of HIS help to all of your Doctors and staff, and to you for believing! Great news and outlook for you and your family.
    Dear LORD, we thank YOU for this wonderful news for this man and his family. AMEN

• Friendly Friendly x 1
  11. njgator

njgator GC Legend

Apr 9, 2007
    I don’t know what to say except Praise God. You are a walking testament to prayer and faith. God has something else for you brother. You’re not done.

12. G8torsRUL

G8torsRUL GC Hall of Fame

Apr 14, 2007
    Pensacola
    Thoughts and prayers!

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. DawgFanFromAlabam

DawgFanFromAlabam GC Hall of Fame

Apr 18, 2007
    Update on my cancer journey. Finished 3 weeks of radiation at MD Anderson before Thanksgiving. Doctor is confident the tumor will die off over next 3-6 months. Getting post-procedure scans mid-January. Feel pretty good, get a little fatigued at times but shouldn’t complain as SO many good folks I met have it so much worse. Met a woman in bad shape and her husband had on a nice Gator jacket, we had a friendly talk about football.

Doctor told me two things that were so unusual with my case:

1) It was caught so early. They had trouble staging it (stage 1b/2) because they almost always get patients at stage 4 or some at 3. NEVER at my stage! Pancreatitis that let them find it best thing to happen to me! BTW, haven’t had pancreatitis since. Hmmm…

2) Tumor was growing at rate of 1.1cm per month. Just grew 0.1cm before treatment started, stopping just short of a vein where it would have spread. As it is, tumor remained contained to liver only and they hit it with as much radiation as possible.

Doctor said those two things made him think I had someone looking out for me. I told him I did. I talk to Him every day and call Him by name.

Thx for your support GatorNation. You guys are awesome. Plz keep the prayers and good thoughts going!!

Last edited: Nov 30, 2022
    • Like x 12
    • Friendly x 12
    • Best Post Ever x 8
    • Winner x 5
    • Dislike x 1
  14. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    I'll have to find it later.

Thanks for the great update!

• Agree Agree x 2
  15. hawaiigator

hawaiigator GC Legend

Sep 9, 2018
    Great news, kick it’s a$$

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. sierragator

sierragator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Great news. I bet your family and friends are relieved!

17. insuragator

insuragator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Got me crying my friend. So awesome. Stay on it. Cancer is an evil!

• Friendly Friendly x 2
    • Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Porschegator

Porschegator GC Hall of Fame

Aug 15, 2016
    Canton Ohio
    I have been a patient at MD Anderson. Most efficient hospital I have ever been to. You picked the right place. My prayers are with you.

• Like Like x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  19. 06GATORS08

06GATORS08 GC Hall of Fame

Dec 12, 2009
    Good luck! You may be a Dawg but when it comes to cancer we are all on the same team..BEAT CANCER!!!

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  20. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

The great Physician doing great things brother. Thrilled to hear your news my friend!

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1