Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

As we approach May 11…

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by QGator2414, May 8, 2023.

1. demosthenes

demosthenes Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    His facile arguments have been repeatedly debunked but he continually acts like he knows more than the learned professionals. There’s no need to rehash or for OP to have created yet another Covid thread (what is this, #239 and counting???).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. Spurffelbow833

Spurffelbow833 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 9, 2009
    They may have been idiotic, but at least they were only suggestions. Nobody was cramming them down anyone's throat under color of authority. We were all groping about in the dark. Nobody was God in that situation, including your Lord Fauci, but he was all too happy to play the part.

3. g8trjax

g8trjax GC Hall of Fame

Jun 1, 2007
    LOL, still a lot of post covid butthurt...they were so close.

Globalists like Gideon Lichfield at MIT told us exactly what the plan was in March of 2020. In an article titled 'We're Not Going Back To Normal', he suggests that mandates and vaccine passport restrictions should last for many years to come, if not forever. From the article:

“Ultimately, however, I predict that we’ll restore the ability to socialize safely by developing more sophisticated ways to identify who is a disease risk and who isn’t, and discriminating—legally—against those who are.

…One can imagine a world in which, to get on a flight, perhaps you’ll have to be signed up to a service that tracks your movements via your phone. The airline wouldn’t be able to see where you’d gone, but it would get an alert if you’d been close to known infected people or disease hot spots. There’d be similar requirements at the entrance to large venues, government buildings, or public transport hubs. There would be temperature scanners everywhere, and your workplace might demand you wear a monitor that tracks your temperature or other vital signs. Where nightclubs ask for proof of age, in future they might ask for proof of immunity—an identity card or some kind of digital verification via your phone, showing you’ve already recovered from or been vaccinated against the latest virus strains.”

• Like Like x 1
  4. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

The vaccinated just get sick again too. (I am vaccinated btw). My assistant just got her second case in 6 months. This one is kicking her butt and she is all boosted up.

I'm pro vax, but I do think we were sold a bit more than we should have been perhaps.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  5. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Such an ignorant statement. And ironic.

While many “experts” were wrong. Most now understand how wrong they were. And are able to admit how right people like Bhattacharya, Gupta and Kulldorff were on Covid.

But you keep on drinking the propaganda…

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    You don’t need to agree with me. You can choose ignorance if you would like. It is unfortunate you have decided to believe in the propaganda and not the facts. But propaganda is powerful. Most have gotten past it and understand reality now.

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Leaned Professionals???? That’s a good one.

8. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Informative Informative x 1
  9. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Yes I believe in my post you’re quoting that I said protection does wane in both groups, but I am curious as to what we were sold as being too much.

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I believe Dr. Fauci was suggesting tools we could use to help protect us is all. He didn’t know everything but he was far more qualified to make those suggestions than anyone else. It would make more sense to go after Trump’s suggestions, at least with the same vigor, as was being done with Dr. Fauci.

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Creative Creative x 1
  11. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I already have and won because his only defense is suggesting I’m an idiot and no one agrees with me which shows he wasn’t able to defend his argument. So for that reason there is no possible positive outcome for me to continue battling a defeated opponent, nor any desire to participate in anyone’s celebration of ignorance.

Have a nice day.

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
  13. duggers_dad

duggers_dad GC Hall of Fame

Jan 5, 2022
    upload_2023-5-9_9-37-11.jpeg

14. AgingGator

AgingGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 24, 2007
    Well, fortunately for you there’s no law against ignorance, so you are well within your rights to keep your eyes closed. You have a nice day and enjoy that next “vaccine” that they want you to take

15. tilly

tilly Superhero Mod. Fast witted. Bulletproof posts. Moderator VIP Member

The need to lock down everything. Closing businesses. Schools in some places for too long. Some businesses could have remained open and not created an issue.

Masking (in my state for instance) well beyond many others and to an extent that it became window dressing.

I was an open supporter of pretty much every measure. But some things lacked very deep evidence. (Masking kids).

Some things caused other very deep issues. (My daughter lost much of her Junior and Senior years of high school.) I saw very difficult impacts that she is just now coming out of. The bright shining person is just starting to be completely normal again. It took going away to App State to kinda break her out of it. Parents of teenagers. Especially active, social types saw some profound impacts from shutting down schools, dance studios, sports etc for longer than needed.

My guess is you and I are in pretty common agreement as to the handling of the pandemic. Especially early on. I just think the blanket approach proved damaging in other ways.

Hopefully... If we ever see anything like this again, we take a better path.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    [​IMG]
    At this point I can’t tell if you just want the last word or if you ate a lot of paint chips as a kid. Regardless, you’re one peculiar person. Good luck with that.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
  17. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    Here is fauci in late 2019 before the pandemic and any of this was news discussing respiratory/infectious diseases. In the last few minutes he even addresses “masks”. This is before this fool became an authoritarian nut and threw all of his credibility away. He is truly one of the worst people. To knowingly do what he did…

18. jjgator55

jjgator55 VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    Thank you. I just got my pneumonia shot yesterday.

19. Gatoragman

Gatoragman GC Hall of Fame

Jan 4, 2008
    Pretty comical!!!
    You just described the vast majority of the folks that post regularly on this board.

• Disagree Bacon! Disagree Bacon! x 1
  20. QGator2414

QGator2414 VIP Member

Aug 24, 2009
    Ocala
    of April 2020

:devil: