Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Article: Montrell Johnson Set To Lead Gators’ Backfield In 2024

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Jul 21, 2024.

1. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

By: Nick Marcinko -- July 21, 2024

Florida running back Montrell Johnson is back for his senior season and is expected to lead the Gators’ backfield in 2024. In three seasons at the collegiate level and two in the SEC, Johnson’s totaled 2,496 rushing yards and 27 touchdowns, eclipsing 800 yards and 5.2 yards per carry in each of his three seasons.

Montrell Johnson set to lead Gators’ backfield in 2024 | GatorCountry.com

• Like Like x 4
  2. fox

fox GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Florida Beachland
    So glad he's a Gator. When he got here I was wishing we had a lot more like him as far as humility, work ethic, hunger... Now it seems like we do have a lot like him and they are hungry.

• Like Like x 7
    • Agree Agree x 2
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    I like Johnson and hope he breaks a 1,000 yards running and adds more in receiving yards too. But man, I still can't stop thinking about how badazz Jadan Baugh will be... If he comes out like LaMical Perine did as a freshman, then he's could be off to a good start. I mention Perine because I remember him absolutely destroying LSU's defense at LSU in his freshman year. He ran through that vaunted LSU defense like they were wet tissue. It was a thing of beauty.

So, yes, it's Montrell's job right now... but the future at running back looks just as bright behind Johnson.

• Like Like x 2
  4. lizardbreath

lizardbreath GC Hall of Fame

Aug 30, 2017
    Pace, FL
    This wouldn't be the first BN diamond in the rough that turned out not to be all that rough. How that much talent and those measurables added up to a three star is a wonderment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  5. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Treyaun Webb should be a guy that gets a lot of carries. Has been solid so far, right? 211lbs, plenty of weight.

Cam Carroll anyone? Do we know if he's healthy and getting reps in practice? 230lbs, physically mature. We need four guys that can play well. Going to be a long season.