Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Article: Dominant Defensive Performance Leads Gators Past Central Florida

Discussion in 'RayGator's Swamp Gas' started by ETGator, Oct 6, 2024 at 3:20 PM.

1. ETGator

ETGator Long-Time Gator Stuck In East Tennessee Moderator VIP Member

Sep 15, 2007
    [​IMG]

By: Nick Marcinko -- October 6, 2024

Florida football finally gave their home crowd something to cheer about early in the game, scoring a touchdown on their opening drive against the UCF Knights on Saturday night. Graham Mertz’s 13-yard touchdown pass to Elijhah Badger marked the first lead Florida has had at home against a power four opponent in 2024. It was also Florida’s first opening drive touchdown since Nov. 18th, 2023, vs Missouri. A true breath of fresh air for Gator Nation. The Gators would go on to hold the lead for the remainder of the game behind a dominant defensive performance, defeating UCF 24-13.

Dominant defensive performance leads Gators past Knights | GatorCountry.com

I should have gotten these up earlier. Also sorry Nick . . . you're too professional but the title got changed again on my thread. LOL! :)

• Like Like x 3
    • Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
    • Winner Winner x 1
  2. malscott

malscott GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    West Hills, Ca
    Thanks, ET. Good stuff!

I gotta tell ya, after years of mediocre "D" watching that game on Saturday reminded me how much more fun football is when you have a dominant defense. Maybe it's the shift of personnel, maybe it's the playcalling, maybe they're inspired. Maybe it's a little bit of all of that. Man, that felt good. And...the kids were having freaking fun again. It wasn't a punitive process, they were playing a game and loving life.

Good for them!! God bless them.

Go Gators.:D:cool:

• Like Like x 3
  3. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Whatever we did to get the defense to come alive, we need far more of it for the Tennessee game. We looked great on defense and had 5 sacks? That's unheard of... lately. I love seeing our players flying around making plays side of the ball. That's Gator football. And it's been a good while since I've been that excited to see our defense on the field, what a nice, nice surprise.

Now I just hope we build on that effort and get right for the next said opponent in Knoxville. We have to take that team from the start and punch them in the face... totally change their plans. Like Mike Tyson once said, "everyone has a plan... till they get punched in the mouth." :D;)