Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Are they serious?? (GA indictment of Trump)

Discussion in 'Too Hot for Swamp Gas' started by okeechobee, Aug 14, 2023.

1. okeechobee

okeechobee GC Hall of Fame

Sep 11, 2022
    This will end up helping Trump more than it will hurt him.

1. he has a decent chance of getting a mistrial due to jury tampering
    2. this feeds the Trump narrative that the Georgia results were rigged. “See they can’t even keep a presidential summary of charges sealed. But you trust them to count the votes fairly?”
    3. The broader Trump narrative of all cases and charges are a weaponization of the DOJ and local DAs against him for the purposes of stopping his re-election.

What they did today was wrong, but it will backfire. Like I said earlier, if I was in your shoes, I’d be pissed at the Fulton County DA for sabotaging their case against Trump. Stuff like this will simply validate what Trump has been saying.

• Like Like x 2
  2. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    What you posted is not an indictment.

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. mutz87

mutz87 p=.06 VIP Member

Aug 30, 2014
    Not sure what you're getting at. Are you asking whether prosecutors can have charges before they put accusations to a grand jury? If so, that's how it works and GJ will decide on whether prosecutors can officially indict the accused.

Might be a mistake, might not. Both are plausible. Not the first time something like this happened

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 1
  4. mdgator05

mdgator05 Premium Member

Dec 9, 2010
    I suspect that the legal system isn't going to work at all like you are guessing it will. We will see.

• Agree Agree x 2
  5. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Perhaps. Posting it on the web wasn’t a mistake. If you believe it was, I feel sorry for you.

6. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't know if it was posted by mistake or not, and in any case I don't need your sympathy. And no Trump supporter gets my sympathy by a long shot.

7. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Yes ... telling the grand jury the list of charges they are considering is "jury tampering" ... awesome legal analysis, there.

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  8. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    Grand juries aren't supposed to see the charges before they are convened. That's jury tampering. There are certain times where fumbling the football is simply not an option. When you're charging a former POTUS, that would be one of those times. I can't classify it as a "mistake." Mistakes like that don't happen to a former POTUS. Well, unless...

9. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    More like wishful thinking on your part. The charges and indictment will be public before trial or jury selection anyway - same with the classified docs case and Jan 6th. We know what Trump is being charged with and we're nowhere close to jury selection. Is that also jury tampering?

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    I'm not aware of any Trump supporters here who've asked for your sympathy or any sympathy at all, but especially sympathy from you.

11. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    You can't release anything like this before the grand jury convenes. A grand jury should never know the charges or against whom they're being leveled until they convene. Only Trump haters are struggling with this.

12. cocodrilo

cocodrilo GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    I don't know of any either. And now they don't need to ask.

13. ridgetop

ridgetop GC Hall of Fame

Aug 4, 2020
    Top of the ridge
    Not a trump supporter by any measure. He represents the worst of our political theater. At the same time this isn’t a “good” look and can easily be assumed to be of concern.
    If anyone here believes for a single minute that the left won’t do everything possible to sink Trump, even bend or break a few rules.. you’re more senile than Biden. I know there will be plenty of finger pointing, point scoring and a lot of your
    “Your team is dirtier than mine” but the sad reality is we have allowed our politicians to be corrupted by the power we allow them to obtain. Both sides are full garbage. But hey, at least every four years a bunch of Americans can say they won… when we really just all lost.

• Winner Winner x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  14. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    The office of the Fulton County courts clerk later released a statement that seemed to only raise more questions, calling the posted document “fictitious,” but failing to explain how it got on the court’s website. The clerk’s office said documents without official case numbers “are not considered official filings and should not be treated as such.” But the document that appeared online did have a case number on it.

When asked by The Associated Press why there was a case number on the document, the clerk, Che Alexander, declined to comment.

Trump and and his allies, who have characterized the investigation as politically motivated, immediately seized on the apparent error to claim that the process is rigged. Trump’s campaign aimed to fundraise off of it, sending out an email with the since-deleted document embedded.

Georgia court website publishes, then takes down, list of criminal charges against Trump

15. WarDamnGator

WarDamnGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Link? Or are you just making stuff up?

16. docspor

docspor GC Hall of Fame

Nov 30, 2010
    So, how do you think the Trumpers got it & posted it?

17. mikemcd810

mikemcd810 Premium Member

Apr 3, 2007
    I'm not an expert on these things but I feel pretty confident that you aren't either. I find it pretty hard to believe that a grand jury, who has been seeing evidence and hearing from witnesses (i) has no idea what charges they're supposed to be evaluating and (ii) doesn't know that the evidence and witnesses are pointing to Trump.

Wishful thinking hoping this gets thrown out on a technicality. It's not happening and Trump's about to be indicted for the fourth time. I don't care even a little that this was leaked. I care that one of our two major political parties has a leading candidate who is about to be indicted for the fourth time.

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. okeechobee

Sep 11, 2022
    One thing is for sure, I'm not going to hold my breath and wait for the Fulton County Clerk to explain it.

19. ursidman

ursidman VIP Member

Sep 27, 2007
    Bug Tussle NC
    Well, it doesn’t even mention Conspiracy to commit election fraud, a charge likely to be brought against trump so it is, at best, an incomplete list.

20. ajoseph

ajoseph Premium Member

Jan 15, 2008
    Trumpeteers right now:
    [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 5
    • Like Like x 1