Welcome home, fellow Gator.

The Gator Nation's oldest and most active insider community
Join today!

Antwann Hill

Discussion in 'Awesome Recruiting' started by candymanfromgc, Jun 21, 2024.

1. candymanfromgc

candymanfromgc Moderator VIP Member

Apr 3, 2007
    QB target for UF will announce Saturday the 22nd between UF and Memphis. Im hearing Memphis is the pick Huge NIL and immediate playing time are tbe draw.

• Fistbump/Thanks! Fistbump/Thanks! x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. gator_n_sc

gator_n_sc GC Hall of Fame

Oct 8, 2013
    Don't forget, he also has publicly stated he's not sure he wants to sit behind lagway for a couple years.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    Any player that’s satisfied going to Memphis, let him go.

• Agree Agree x 6
    • Winner Winner x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  4. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    Sooo …he’s better than me, so I’ll go somewhere else.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Funny Funny x 1
  5. spike718

spike718 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 11, 2007
    I get this take, but no one knows the facts of what he thinks and feels. It is likely he..

1) thinks he is as good or better than Lagway. Most qbs think this
    2) realizes even if he is as good, he will be a year behind in learning the offense and thus a step behind from day 1 for starter job
    3) regardless of what coaches tell him during recruiting visits -that jobs are wide open, players do realize coaches play favorites sometime#. Billy isn’t Dan but you can look at our last coach -Jones playing over Richardson. I would not blindly trust what coaches say during recruiting about a fair shot at starting. Chiles would have to be lights out better to start, not just even with Lagway.
    4) Florida is not going to pay huge NIL for a qb this year after doing so last year. To Hill or any qb. Memphis is. That is huge.
    5) probably his best move IS to go to Memphis. Ball out for 2 years. Then….he can transfer as a sure fire starter to a bigger program for even bigger NIL. This is a likely scenario. - Florida could be that program.

I hope he chooses Florida but I doubt it happens. It makes more sense in the days of unlimited transfers to take $ and playing time when and where you can get it guaranteed first. And play the transfer portal market when established and shown your skill set. Just the way it is.

• Agree Agree x 5
    • Winner Winner x 1
    • Friendly Friendly x 1
    • Best Post Ever Best Post Ever x 1
  6. INGATORSWETRUST

INGATORSWETRUST GC Hall of Fame

Apr 8, 2007
    Florida
    Could be that we have another QB identified that will announce for us in future, such as QB that had visited 5 times in the last two months.

• Like Like x 1
  7. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    I agree with this. He looks to be a pocket passer who can run.

• Like Like x 1
  8. zman-1

zman-1 GC Legend

Mar 5, 2017
    West of the equator
    Refresh my memory. What was that QB's name again?

9. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

The FedEx NIL strikes again

10. scooterp

scooterp GC Hall of Fame

Feb 15, 2012
    I don’t disagree with any of that. And it seems reasonable. But I think it’s just natural to question someone’s competitive nature when they choose the path of least resistance.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

Hey he can take a giant bag of FedEx cash and whip up on a bunch of nobodys in whatever that shitty conference is

12. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    That combined with he doesn’t want to sit behind Lagway. That’ll be an issue for whoever comes here. Qb’s that aspire to go pro in three years likely won’t see the field here until DJ plays three years.

• Informative Informative x 1
    • Optimistic Optimistic x 1
  13. DieAGator

DieAGator GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Would be interesting to know his NIL offer at Memphis vs UF. If he's good and has good coaching, he has a good chance of being NFL ready at Memphis. No idea how good their QB staff is however.

I do understand the expectation we have for Lagway- hope he's literally a Game Changer. I wouldn't blame a recruit for waiting to commit to UF based on what we all see from Lagway this season but I also would not be surprised if he does not play often unless we are well ahead. Napier is very conservative and we will be in a lot of important close games where even a future Heisman candidate may not be best option as a true FR. With that in mind, I hope it turns out he gets a lot of snaps vs miami.

14. Crusher

Crusher GC Hall of Fame

Apr 19, 2007
    And then portal to a team that is a QB away from being a playoff team ala UDub

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Winner Winner x 1
  15. severnt

severnt Junior

Feb 2, 2012
    Not a Gator - he chose Memphis.

16. Skink

Skink GC Hall of Fame

If you’re not a Gator….

• Like Like x 1
  17. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2024
    • Agree Agree x 1
  18. Wanne15

Wanne15 GC Hall of Fame

Jan 18, 2015
    I’m sure he could get decent money elsewhere, but they probably are paying more and he doesn’t have to worry about five star quarterbacks. He gets to play right off the bat a big fish and a small pond. I’m talking about that kind of mentality will probably never win national championships nor Super Bowl.

• Agree Agree x 2
  19. Gatorrick22

Gatorrick22 GC Hall of Fame

Apr 3, 2007
    Oh, I'm not saying he made a bad choice or anything along those lines. I just think Memphis has some money to spend... and if that kid wants to get paid and start then why not play for Memphis? It seems like a good deal for him.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. SuperMOM

SuperMOM GC Hall of Fame

Jan 31, 2016
    This is what I was thinking! Get a year's experience and go to the highest bidder.